Eastern Ohio, USA

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
$60 is retail, qty 1. Wholesale cost of the board is probably closer to $40 than $60. However, it's a fairly tedious job to replace a dna board; lots of soldering, and my guess is, they'll replace much of the wiring as well. The 40 should use 18 gauge wiring for the power in/out connections whereas the 30 was fine with 20 gauge. In effect, they'll be gutting the mod an putting all new internals in it.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
$60 is retail, qty 1. Wholesale cost of the board is probably closer to $40 than $60. However, it's a fairly tedious job to replace a DNA board; lots of soldering, and my guess is, they'll replace much of the wiring as well. The 40 should use 18 gauge wiring for the power in/out connections whereas the 30 was fine with 20 gauge. In effect, they'll be gutting the mod an putting all new internals in it.

Yep, except for the casing and the battery holder they might be putting everything afresh there. Not an ideal work imho.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
they did say they would have to replace all wiring and internals after going back and re-reading the email.The DNA 30 board that comes out comes back to me so I will get the price of the board when/if I sell it.
the outer casing will remain the same Gun Metal grey with Black trim and belt clip.They would have to fit everything in casing and wire the DNA 40D anyway so being an ideal replacement I think is mute at that point I guess.
They also said they are working on something to let the XPV 30 owners send theres in for the DNA 40 upgrade and I guess my test build on mine will determine that factor,we shall see.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
This wasn't in the vid. It's on the Protovapor Blog. Something they are experimenting on.

The DNA-40 brings in a new era of "temperature controlled vaping" - and the use of NR wires (Nickel) for heating the coil to maintain the temperature around selected ºF (soon switchable with ºC as well).

Off course the board is also capable of being used in its regular DNA mode with a 40W max. But the key feature is the introduction of TCV.

Other features include:
1. Reverse polarity protection
2. Adjustable from 1W to 40W
3. Fires until 0.16Ω when Kanthal / Nichrome wire is used
4. Fires until 0.10Ω when NR wire is being used
5. Automatic sensing between type of coil used (NR or R wire)
6. Max Temp adjustable till 600 ºF
7. Removable 'rails' used for mounting the board
8. Voltage step down ability
9. Dim time reduced
10. Other standard features of the DNA boards still continue

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
3. Fires until 1.6Ω when Kanthal / Nichrome wire is used
4. Fires until 1Ω when NR wire is being used
I think you decimal slipped. Should be:

3. Fires until 0.16Ω when Kanthal / Nichrome wire is used
4. Fires until 0.1Ω when NR wire is being used[/quote]

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
We will be releasing DNA 40D-equipped XPV mods on the official launch day, October 14. We have boards and materials on hand and are ramping up for production to get these mods into as many hands as possible. We will include some sample Ni200 wire so users will be able to hit the ground running. We are also working on a temperature control primer of sorts, based on our experiences with the new technology. We will also have Ni200 wire available, and most likely some retail DNA 40D boards.

From the Blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread