Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Thanks, if I 'nuke' it ... I'd likely grab a VS dna 40 & call it a day.
I asked protovapor about updating to 40 & the 510 upgrade - the estimate I received was in the neighborhood of 160 bucks !!
Geez, I like the device & all but a VS w / dna 40 is only another 30 bucks ( replaceable battery ! ) & I'd also have the PV unit as another spare.
They made it an easy choice.

The XPV 40D is DNA 40...VS will take forever to get...why not get another Protovapor? The pin on the XPV40D moves, not fixed.

jasbur

Feb 21, 2011
NJ, USA
I got my XPV 40 yesterday and built an ni200 coil. Being my first coil like this I didn't want to build something too low, so it's reading between 0.30 and 0.55 when firing.
But, I noticed that temp limit is not usually working. My bottom line is usually reading volts instead of temperature. I saw that it was reading temperature once and when I removed and reconnected the atty it went back to showing volts.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

jasbur

Feb 21, 2011
NJ, USA
Screw down all your posts and 510 screw tightly then turn tp off then on

Thanks! I guess something was loose because it's reading temp now... but i screwed it up. Now I'm getting the temp cutoff right away so I must have made a hotspot when I was trying to fix it. I guess I'll be building a new coil in the morning - too late now. It's a kayfun and I don't feel like draining again.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Thanks! I guess something was loose because it's reading temp now... but i screwed it up. Now I'm getting the temp cutoff right away so I must have made a hotspot when I was trying to fix it. I guess I'll be building a new coil in the morning - too late now. It's a kayfun and I don't feel like draining again.

Depends on the temp you set. at 400-450 (which is the known safe area) 40 watts will heat a sub ohm coil very quickly. I find if I take it to 20 watts, I get to watch it raise the temp...but on the other hand...lol...why wait? TC is supposed to kick in when the coil hits your set temp. If that is happening fast, why is that a bad thing? Unless of course you are not getting vapor out of it....

eta: you mean RIGHT away...like it stopped completely and no vapor is produced? If you vape past TC are you getting vapor?

I think of this as acceleration and cruise control. If I could theoretically go from 0 to 80 mph in 2 seconds and then I put cruise control on once I am at speed; cruise control is going to kick in and slow me down or speed me up to keep me at 80. If in my car every time that happened a cruise control light came on, I would still be doing 80. I would just know that it was working.

I want that vehicle btw LOL...

Last edited:

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Got my nickel wire and a long barrel kayfun, now i'm just waiting on the mod itself. I knew they were taking an extra day for additional testing but the wait is still rough. Like a kid at christmas.

Ah the waiting...excruciating! I feel your pain but it will be there before you know it...in all of its hotness!

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Lol, no kidding. I use dual 2500mah batteries, usually end up around 3.3 or 3.4 volts each by the end of the day. Running them on a Sigelei 100w, so 3.3 each still pushes plenty of wattage. The Sigelei tells me my batteries are at 35-40% when they get that low, but I don't like running them any lower than that.

BOOM!

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Ah... I found my ws setup and use it, now I am trying to kick analogs and build mods. Easier said than done, although I did trade one of my gd razor contest entries for a dna30 chip

Do it man... Analogs are so out! If u have questions pm me... Been doing this for a while now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDeane

Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
East Tennessee
I ordered mine on 10-15 and received it 10-23 ( 8 days). It came in 10 out of 10 shape, great workmanship, top quality and works perfectly. So far I am very impressed by Protovapor. I think that they are the leaders of top quality DNA 40 gear at the moment. This board has been a blast to follow and I am on my 10th coil build.

If you are on the fence about one of these, just press the Buy NOW button, wait a few days and ENJOY !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread