Provari dying need new mod fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I definitely agree with @Katya above. It's hard to beat the Aegis Solo for a very well-built, waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof mod that doesn't weigh a lot. I love the Zenith tanks, too.

About this:
I want to take extra batteries for camping/horseback riding so external/removable batteries are best.

Taking the batteries along for camping/horseback riding...won't be a problem. However, I hope you have some kind of pack or bag to put the Jackaroo in while riding. You sure won't want to put it in a pocket (if it would even fit)...'cause your pants may end up falling down from the weight when you dismount...according to what people have said about its weight. :D

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
For outdoors use, you can't do better than this (or the Jackaroo):

GeekVape Aegis Solo 100W Mod

And the Zenith or Zlide tank. The new Zenith Pro is about to be released in the U.S. shortly. IMHO, it's the best tank for drop-in coils on the market today.

Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo
Good to know. I have ordered the Jacaroo since I really need something and decided to choose already but I have room in my life for two PV's so I appreciate your comment and will refer to it after I try the Jacaroo. I hope they both use the same kind of batteries :)

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
I definitely agree with @Katya above. It's hard to beat the Aegis Solo for a very well-built, waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof mod that doesn't weigh a lot. I love the Zenith tanks, too.

About this:

Taking the batteries along for camping/horseback riding...won't be a problem. However, I hope you have some kind of pack or bag to put the Jackaroo in while riding. You sure won't want to put it in a pocket (if it would even fit)...'cause your pants may end up falling down from the weight when you dismount...according to what people have said about its weight. :D

The horse can handle a little more weight and I do ride with horn bags so no problem there. However, gardening and such I have always carried in a pocket so good info.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I hope they both use the same kind of batteries :)

Yes and no. The Jackaroo is designed for 21700/20700 batteries, but will take a 18650 battery with (included) adapter. The Solo takes 18650 batteries.

The most recommended 18650 batteries (for low/moderate wattage vaping) are the LG HG2 3000mah, Samsung 30Q 3000mah, or Sony VTC 6 3000mah. Also check @Mooch 's blog for all recommended batteries and vendors.

Good luck and welcome back! :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I hope it works out. If you want to keep a few of your provaris, I would also consider contacting Bill, he does a great job and he won't have materials forever. Also, you don't have to use cartomizers on your proviaris I don't think. Lots of folks don't.

Batteries may or may not be different depending on whether you have the 2.5 provaris which take button tops and what sizes.

The most common (although all the 2--- series batteries are coming on strong) are probably flat top 18650s at the moment. You won't be able to use a button top in a more modern mod.
Anna

• Useful
Reactions: NCC

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
For outdoors use, you can't do better than this (or the Jackaroo):

GeekVape Aegis Solo 100W Mod

And the Zenith or Zlide tank. The new Zenith Pro is about to be released in the U.S. shortly. IMHO, it's the best tank for drop-in coils on the market today.

Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo
I have both (Jackaroo and Solo). I like the Jackaroo a little better than the solo. the solo, though, is lighter and more compact. You can buy different panels for the jackaroo to change up the look of it.

Last edited:

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
The most recommended 18650 batteries (for low/moderate wattage vaping) are the LG HG2 3000mah, Samsung 30Q 3000mah, or Sony VTC 6 3000mah. Also check @Mooch 's blog for all recommended batteries and vendors.

Thanks for the recommendations. I just acquired the Solo with the Zenith. Those will be the next batteries I go for. Just by the way, I love both of them.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Yes and no. The Jackaroo is designed for 21700/20700 batteries, but will take a 18650 battery with (included) adapter. The Solo takes 18650 batteries.

Good luck and welcome back! :)

Thanks, I will check out the blog and it is good to be back.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good choice with the nautilus. Look at the Zenith also.

I was showing hubby my order and I realized in the end I bought the Zenith not the Nautilus. Looking forward to trying something new, I think. We will see how it goes.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You kind of can't go wrong with the Zenith. I suggest (given your vaping history) you may want to start with the 1.6 coil. It's my personal favorite. Some folks say it has a "break in period" but I never really noticed one. The 0.8 coil is fine, too, II just notice more complex flavors with the 1.6

Then if you want to get all cloudy you can get into their lower ohm offerings. Which, I am not super fond of but many are.

If you get a nautilus, get their newest offering the Nautilus 2S. It really is their best offering and I have vaped them all.

Anna

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
You kind of can't go wrong with the Zenith. I suggest (given your vaping history) you may want to start with the 1.6 coil. It's my personal favorite. Some folks say it has a "break in period" but I never really noticed one. The 0.8 coil is fine, too, II just notice more complex flavors with the 1.6

Then if you want to get all cloudy you can get into their lower ohm offerings. Which, I am not super fond of but many are.

If you get a nautilus, get their newest offering the Nautilus 2S. It really is their best offering and I have vaped them all.

Anna

Awesome. I am going to give this new Jackaroo and Zenith a try and then go from there but it sounds like the Solo mod and the Nautilus tank should be next on my list. I am able to review this thread in the future so I can refresh my memory and know what to buy next.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Awesome. I am going to give this new Jackaroo and Zenith a try and then go from there but it sounds like the Solo mod and the Nautilus tank should be next on my list. I am able to review this thread in the future so I can refresh my memory and know what to buy next.
For the Jackaroo as someone said it takes the 21700 battery. For a little bit, I was using the adapter but it is a nuisance (to me) to change out the battery. I vape a lot and carry spare batteries and it is much easier to just swap out the battery rather than fussing with an adapter. I purchased the Molicel INR-21700-P42A and it gets great battery life.

And you know I have not heard too many folks mention the Swell --it is a 2 battery mod -takes the 18650's and it is really a great mod. Extremely lightweight, durable, waterproof to a certain degree and only a teeny bit bigger than the Jackaroo and is also made by Vandy Vape. Also, because it has 2 batteries it lasts a long time between charges and it also has changeable panels - the panels are full panels so it totally gives you a different look if you have a few panels. And ---it has an iPhone and android app and it has a "find my mod" type of setting in case you misplace it.

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
For the Jackaroo as someone said it takes the 21700 battery. For a little bit, I was using the adapter but it is a nuisance (to me) to change out the battery. I vape a lot and carry spare batteries and it is much easier to just swap out the battery rather than fussing with an adapter. I purchased the Molicel INR-21700-P42A and it gets great battery life.

And you know I have not heard too many folks mention the Swell --it is a 2 battery mod -takes the 18650's and it is really a great mod. Extremely lightweight, durable, waterproof to a certain degree and only a teeny bit bigger than the Jackaroo and is also made by Vandy Vape. Also, because it has 2 batteries it lasts a long time between charges and it also has changeable panels - the panels are full panels so it totally gives you a different look if you have a few panels. And ---it has an iPhone and android app and it has a "find my mod" type of setting in case you misplace it.

Interesting. I am looking forward to the 21700 battery to see if it lasts longer. Can be hard to keep enough batteries charged for longer camping trips and it is a pain to have to change out batteries while in the saddle. Not hard to do but kind of a hassle. Longer battery life would be awesome.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It should, if you buy the right battery for your wattage needs. Higher the SOMETHIGN lower the run time. Mooch has a table I suck at linking him but he has tested a fair number of the larger batteries.

Mine last for like a week but I vape at puny like 12 watts. Runtime is great..

Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Anna

Reactions: chellie

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
It should, if you buy the right battery for your wattage needs. Higher the SOMETHIGN lower the run time. Mooch has a table I suck at linking him but he has tested a fair number of the larger batteries.

Mine last for like a week but I vape at puny like 12 watts. Runtime is great..

Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Anna
A week --whoa. Yeah - the battery I quoted is from his blog. Our bible!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As a lower wattage vaper, I don't mess around with shopping for the "right" battery with the "right" specs for my vaping style. I just buy the batteries that the cloud chuckers use, the ones with the highest Amp ratings and reputable brand and retailer. I pay a few bucks more per battery, but it's easy shopping. That's one of the many advantages of being a low wattage vaper.

Am I wrong?

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I don't think anyone mentioned this but it's VERY important! Keep the batteries in a plastic case. If you get batteries like the 21700, you might need a different charger. What are you using now?
    Also, there are many great deals out there (closeout sales) Might get another (inexpensive) mod for gardening and such.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

brad-man

ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2019
    So Florida
    I've only quit cigs/began vaping since Feb. Started DTL with 4 Samsung 30Q, then 4 Sony VTC5A. I was always worried whether the battery/juice would last through a full work day. I really didn't want to bring spare battery or juice. I then switched to MTL and picked up 4 Sanyo NCRGAs. Now my Zlide 2ml tank lasts all day & batteries are good for at least 2 days. Efficiency has greatly simplified my vaping experience. Not that anyone cares...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread