ProVari Owners' Chit Chat Thread - All things ProVari and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I'm super happy with the flexibility of the Mini. Being able to slap some 350's in there for out and about pocketability is fantastic, and with the extended cap and tatroe ring I can put in 490's and 650's in for longer vape times.

I've hearrd of the Tatroe ring but I don't think I actually know what it is.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
well, I finally decided to suck it up and spend the money on a provari !!! really need a good backup for the evic, and by all my research more than likely the evic will become a backup to the provari :)

Your evic will 100% be the backup. I have both mods too, and I rarely use the evic. About all it gets used for right now is the one or two days a week I'm home in the AM for a coffee at my house. It has an IGO-L on it that is pretty much only used with my 'goes with coffee juice'.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I've hearrd of the Tatroe ring but I don't think I actually know what it is.
Tatroe Ring Provari

It's a ring (tube extension) that when attached to the Provari enables you to go 1 battery size up like from 18350 to 18490 or from 18490 to 18650

thumbnail.asp

You can also get it with a base to make you Provari stand up

thumbnail.asp

So if you have a Provari mini, then you can use the extension battery cap and a tatroe ring to go up to 18650 (or you can use the standard battery cap and 2 tatroe rings to get to 18650 also)

Last edited:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I really want a flexi-sleeve for my Mini, but he's not taking orders again yet.

How are you using yours, Ocelot? Have you tried using it as a lanyard? I know you were concerned before about the weight of the Mini being too much to be used with a lanyard.

I have the flexi-sleeve,too. It fits the 18500 size of either size ProVari. I hate things around my neck, but it's not so bad. It's actually handy in the car when you have no place to keep it. My only complaint is the lanyard is a bit long, so it does bump against your person quite a bit. When doing something more active, I might tuck it in my shirt. And the lanyard is attached by a D-ring, so you could always just swap it out for a different one.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've heard of the Tatroe ring but I don't think I actually know what it is.
The Tatroe is an aftermarket battery extension sleeve (or ring) which allows stepping up your Provari (regular or mini) to the next size battery, just as Provari's own battery cap extension does. BUT, purchase two Tatroe extension sleeves for the Mini and you can put an 18650 battery in that mini.

The Tatroe base allows for a wider center of gravity and helps guard against accidental tipping of your Provari when a top-heavy juice delivery device is used.

Image 1 - Tatroe base with 18350 battery on Mini.
Image 2 - Tatroe base with 18490 battery (one sleeve).
Image 3 - Tatroe base with 18650 battery (2 sleeves).

Last edited:

stardust.hero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
FL
Dropped my Provari 4 feet from my hand onto the pavement. It had my trusty Protank on it and the only thing that had a scratch was a tiny nick on the Jwrap (surprisingly because it's initial impact was on the bottom battery section which had no scratch). The Protank which my boyfriend has broken 3 to date survived and actually had crumbles of asphalt in the mouthhole. Unfortunately I dropped it again and the Protanks 510 connection broke and the outer ring stayed screwed into the Provari and the rest came off. I ordered a new one but they came out with colors I now will have a blue Protank oooohahhhh :D to match my r2d2 jwrap. This is going to be a long week waiting for it to come :3.

Chad what is that mod called? Looks glorious!

Last edited:

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
A Lexi, hand made by a woman who goes by Mamu on the forums. It's powered by the Nivel chip which is sort of like the Provari with its one button operation but does more and I think the PWM is just as good cause the vape is really smooth. I'm not sure exactly how many of the Red Lexi Nivel mods there are but I believe there's under 10.

Sadly she announced last week that she's more or less retired from making mods for others.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Oooh wow very nice. I am quite jealous. Not sure if it's against the rules but may I ask how much you paid? I also love your tank. What is that too btw :p.

I got it for free cause I won a contest by agreeing to get this

88F724C5-AEA5-440E-9788-F01F4746F2B5-3252-0000026AC4CA1A15.jpg

But the tattoo was 150$ so I guess I paid that much lol.

As for the tank, that's just an IGO-L with a 510-Ego and a smoktech cone.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I got it for free cause I won a contest by agreeing to get this

88F724C5-AEA5-440E-9788-F01F4746F2B5-3252-0000026AC4CA1A15.jpg

But the tattoo was 150$ so I guess I paid that much lol.

As for the tank, that's just an IGO-L with a 510-Ego and a smoktech cone.

I liked that post even though I think getting a tatoo is never going to happen on me.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Yes . . . Terminator C V2. Gotta love these silica based rebuildables. The Terminator has ended my hunt for an Ody.

- Andy

Yeah , a Canadian website finally has the terminator c V2 in stock. I have a feeling I should buy one ASAP. I really want an ody or an Ithaka but …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread