The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Provari problem.

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Tibby, Dec 28, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tibby

Tibby Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2012
    Oakley, Ca.
    I picked up my provari today and it would not fire my carto tank. I have only owned it for a couple of weeks so I'm new to this. I made sure it was on then proceeded to the ohms reading and it had an LO showing. I assumed the carto was bad so I drained my tank and punched a carto and refilled. I tried to fire the new carto and it would not fire. It was showing the same LO reading. I tried to remain calm and proceeded to put on three vivi novas and another cartomizer with the same resuls. The battery was reading 4.0 but I decided to put a fresh one in anyways and it is now working fine. I briefly searched the forum for this issue and I have found some posts with different feed back. What happened? I guess I need to download to Provari user manual from home because for some reason I cant access it from work.

2. YKruss

YKruss Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    "LO" stands for "LED On" function.
    I assume you were checking resistance by selecting "AO", atomizer Ohm, function?
    All error codes started with "E" followed by the number.

Glad new battery solved the problem.

Edit: are both batteries IMR and the same? With flat top?

3. dsy5

dsy5 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    New York
    It is possible that you had the button held intermittantly and that the provari was cycling through its menu; it just happened to be on the Lo menu option when you stopped to look at it. I have had this happen to me before when I don't fully press the fire button.

4. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    sounds like you have the device turned off,,,click the button 9 times,,it should show "on" or "of" if it showa "of" click the button while it shows "of" one time,it will then display "on"

and yea,,go get the provari manual

5. Tibby

Sep 10, 2012
    Oakley, Ca.
    I believe it was off. :oops: Also, I use 18350 nipple top AW IMR from Provape.

6. justinred

justinred Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    PH
    Well at least you knew that you should be pressing the button to vape... or did you not? :laugh:

7. Thompson

Thompson Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    North of NorCal
    If your coil (or whatever delivery system) is too low Ω it will say LO, where as Lo is as you mentioned the LED Off feature.

Everything on the main menu is Capitol followed by lowercase, where as a low ohm reading blasts both capitol letters.

8. denali_41

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der

good,because the flat tops wont work in provari

again,,go get the pdf manual from provape [free] and read it,,short,sweet and simple

9. Sisq0

Sisq0 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Well, you can also make a nipple top of a flat top battery. You just need a needle to pull the nipple up as it's pressed down (there are four holes to work with). This's a last resort solution, of course.

10. denali_41

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der

so much easier to just put a rare earth magnet on top

11. Tibby

Sep 10, 2012
    Oakley, Ca.
    I think it was in capitals LO. Bu I havent had that problem since I changed the AW IMR battery. I was freeking out! Every tank or carto I put on was saying LO. I assumed it was off later on, but was in such a panic it was all a blur. Looking inside the Provari the metal contact isen't a perfect smooth, shiney metal button. It kinda looks like a chrome covered metal piece where the chrome is comming off. Hard to describe. It's not smooth and perfect. Kinda layered texture to it. Not what I would expect in a Provari. I have only had it for 3 weeks, could it need cleaned already?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.