Provari Radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knifemaker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Central Texas
The Poly body doesn't' bother me one little bit. Even if ONE poster has managed to crack a Glock frame. (Which he admits he mod's). It's still one in many, many thousands. I carry 1911's and can tell you. Many, many have cracked over the years for may shooters. And they are tempered STEEL! Poly can be some tough stuff. Give this a try.

Go pick up a 2 litre drink bottle. (They're a lower grade of poly). Fill it with air. Now go use it like a base ball bat. Hit every thing you can think of. You'll wear your self out trying to damage it! Now try the same thing with a top brand thermos or stanley bottle made of stainless.

First hit on any hard object,and it will be damaged. Continue, and it will be completely trashed. And that Poly bottle is super thin! Much thinner that what the Radius is made of.

Personally, choosing a material that is shock resistant, and all but indestructible is a no brainer! The stainless end caps will get damaged long before the Poly shell.

I think Provape made a wise decision here.

For 40+ years I have made my living working high grade steels, and exotic composites and Poly's. Believe me when I tell you, this was a very well thought out material choice! Stable, not hot or cold to the touch, highly shock absorbent, with extremely long life. You wont find the color chipping, peeling, or wearing off like Many of the mod's today. The very thing that kept me from ordering an SX-Mini-m this very week. I'll make mine the Radius.

KnifeMaker

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
The Poly body doesn't' bother me one little bit. Even if ONE poster has managed to crack a Glock frame. (Which he admits he mod's). It's still one in many, many thousands. I carry 1911's and can tell you. Many, many have cracked over the years for may shooters. And they are tempered STEEL! Poly can be some tough stuff. Give this a try.

Go pick up a 2 litre drink bottle. (They're a lower grade of poly). Fill it with air. Now go use it like a base ball bat. Hit every thing you can think of. You'll wear your self out trying to damage it! Now try the same thing with a top brand thermos or stanley bottle made of stainless.

First hit on any hard object,and it will be damaged. Continue, and it will be completely trashed. And that Poly bottle is super thin! Much thinner that what the Radius is made of.

Personally, choosing a material that is shock resistant, and all but indestructible is a no brainer! The stainless end caps will get damaged long before the Poly shell.

I think Provape made a wise decision here.

For 40+ years I have made my living working high grade steels, and exotic composites and Poly's. Believe me when I tell you, this was a very well thought out material choice! Stable, not hot or cold to the touch, highly shock absorbent, with extremely long life. You wont find the color chipping, peeling, or wearing off like Many of the mod's today. The very thing that kept me from ordering an SX-Mini-m this very week. I'll make mine the Radius.

KnifeMaker
Wonderful post!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread