The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Provari V3 is it possible??

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by braveheart, Aug 2, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SilentEcho13

SilentEcho13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2010
    New York
    Well, here's the news.

ProVape said they currently have NO PLANS for a v3. Disappointing, especially with the Zmax floating around.

I won't post the email here to abide by rules.

2. Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    To be fair, most companies won't talk about future products because they want you to buy the current product. If they say yeah, a ProVari V3 is coming out in 6 months how many people do you think will order the current model? I can see where they are coming from, so as far as we know they have could have already built numerous prototypes and have been testing for months. Who knows.

I was thinking about it the other night and I'd like to see a cleaner top cap available. The top cap indenting in causes a look that isn't as clean as it could be. Maybe swapable top caps that offered different looks and functionality based on what atomizer system you are going to use (think Z-atty Pro style) but built in stock. One with threads for an eGo style cone or skirt up to popular tank systems to offer clean lines. Black caps would also allow me to get a white one and get the stormtrooper model I've been wanting. :laugh:

Performance wise I can't really ask for anything more than what they've already given me. It's rock solid and does what it's told every time. As said before a titanium model would be nice just to help lighten it up a bit, although I'd say the battery is the bulk of the weight and that won't change, any reduction would help.

3. Zenataos

Zenataos Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Coming this fall to a Provape website near you... The Z-atty-pro or ZAP.

On the house of hybrids website, Zen~ had stated that Provape will be the supplier for these mythical beings...

CAN'T WAIT!!

4. Landlord

Landlord Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2011
    Cleveland Ohio
    even if they did have plans of a V3 why would they say anything now. There is a lot of copying going around now a days. if I was ProVape i would just sit on the idea until its ready to be released, no sense in letting some steal the idea before you can even make it. until then i consider this my Provari V3

Attached Files:

5. Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I saw that too, looking forward to it.

6. Zenataos

Zenataos Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That... is... beautiful...

Although my ZAP will be sitting on a white mini with red led (go Canada! :party:)

Oh BTW, Landlord, rent is going to be a week late when the ZAP is available for sale... just sayin'.

7. ebbrey

ebbrey Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2012
    Norway
    I want variable wattage on my provari NOW. The Zmax specs and looks are really close to what i want to "step up too". Good news that it the current reviews on it aint on par with a provari with wobbely bottom end cap and that it keeps firing after you pressed the button.

Provape could make a new chip so people would send in their tubes for a upgrade. Hell call it V2.1

Say yes to variable wattage TODAY!

8. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    The only thing I would change on the Provari is NOTHING! I would however love to see Provape selling changeable shells or magnetic skins. I would love to just wrap a new skin around it any time I get board with how it looks. That's just me.

9. ebbrey

ebbrey Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2012
    Norway
    Well i use different types of RBA during the day and these doesnt have the same resistance and the resistance changes over time also. But i always want 9 ish watts. With VW i could just set it at 9 watts and not fiddle with the menu and open up calculators to figure out what the needed voltage for the new atomizer i just put on it. Rest is fine

10. Scottibones

Scottibones Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2012
    Fort Myers, Florida
    A processor bypass mechanical mod mode.

11. KuroCz

KuroCz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    east coast
    Actually, yes it is a special coating, it's cerakote and much more substantial than paint or cheap plating.

Yeah there's a recession, but I'd suggest you look at that and the why's before you talk about things being so expensive. And when you mention other electronic devices? Pv's? Or things like smart phones, tablets, etc, that have billions of units being shipped vs how many pv's combined? If you're talking about the latest chinese clones, the claims they make and the latest testing shows that to be marketing hype... not inovation.

I would like to see a longer warranty though.

12. Cjax

Cjax Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    RVa USA
    It would be nice if provape made a box mod. Something like smok's vv gripper but metal with the stuctural integrity they are known for. VW would be a nice touch as well.

13. WarLion

WarLion Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2011
    Cuernavaca, Mexico
    I will love to se a OLED screen and a upgradeable firmware via usb that will rock I don't cate too much for vw I already got a vmax from sigelei

14. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    So anyone know about the provari 2.5? Is it just a cosmetic upgrade or is it a new device with new / upgraded options?

[​IMG]

15. Ray D

Ray D Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    PA
    Assuming that isn't a hoax (that pic could easily be faked), I see no reason for this "2.5."

If it's only a cosmetic change, why bother? Especially when the ones in that picture look horrible. They look like a cross between a kid's toy and an, ummm, adult toy.

I'll believe it when I see it on Provape's site. And if it is true, I predict the V2s will skyrocket on the classifieds ;) If it is indeed only a cosmetic change, now I'm really happy I just bought a V2. :D

edited to add: if the pic is real, I suppose maybe the lighting just makes the coatings look odd. But for the engravings/indentations on the sides? I don't know why the change. I always thought the straight lines were elegant. Then again, that look has been copied ad nauseum lately, so maybe that's why they're going for a different look. The cut ringed tops and end caps are getting imitated a lot too lately. If getting a new look was important, I'm surprised those are staying too.

16. georgetown18

georgetown18 Full Member Verified Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Logansport, IN
    This is the first I've heard... Heading to the site now and waiting for replies...

17. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

OLED screens dont have the long life of LED screens and most importantly are more susceptible to liquids. As quick as people are to advocate these 1-3 years from now they will also be those complaining the loudest when they break or malfunction.

18. WarLion

WarLion Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2011
    Cuernavaca, Mexico
    ohh I didn't think about that you are complete right

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

19. Sisq0

Sisq0 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    That's some ugly looking engraving, man. However, it is most likely fake.

20. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    I hope Provape doesn't change a thing. I don't know if the Provari will be as durable if they do as stated above. If they change it I will probably pick up the current version on the classies in every color and LED combo I can get. I depend heavily on this device surviving the every day chaos that is my life and if they changed it and it wasn't as durable I would be sending it in constantly. I would go crazy. When I drop my Provari and I pick it back up I don't even check to see if it still works anymore. I just know it will. I need that peace of mind. I still have a second as back up but I feel like I will never need it. I still need it to be hot pink tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.