Provari V3 is it possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done Deal DR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
To be fair, most companies won't talk about future products because they want you to buy the current product. If they say yeah, a ProVari V3 is coming out in 6 months how many people do you think will order the current model? I can see where they are coming from, so as far as we know they have could have already built numerous prototypes and have been testing for months. Who knows.

I was thinking about it the other night and I'd like to see a cleaner top cap available. The top cap indenting in causes a look that isn't as clean as it could be. Maybe swapable top caps that offered different looks and functionality based on what atomizer system you are going to use (think Z-atty Pro style) but built in stock. One with threads for an eGo style cone or skirt up to popular tank systems to offer clean lines. Black caps would also allow me to get a white one and get the stormtrooper model I've been wanting. :laugh:

Performance wise I can't really ask for anything more than what they've already given me. It's rock solid and does what it's told every time. As said before a titanium model would be nice just to help lighten it up a bit, although I'd say the battery is the bulk of the weight and that won't change, any reduction would help.

Landlord

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
even if they did have plans of a V3 why would they say anything now. There is a lot of copying going around now a days. if I was ProVape i would just sit on the idea until its ready to be released, no sense in letting some steal the idea before you can even make it. until then i consider this my Provari V3

Attachments

• 2012-06-15 14.23.45.jpg
    2012-06-15 14.23.45.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 6,877

Zenataos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
British Columbia, Canada
even if they did have plans of a V3 why would they say anything now. There is a lot of copying going around now a days. if I was ProVape i would just sit on the idea until its ready to be released, no sense in letting some steal the idea before you can even make it. until then i consider this my Provari V3

That... is... beautiful...

Although my ZAP will be sitting on a white mini with red led (go Canada! :party:)

Oh BTW, Landlord, rent is going to be a week late when the ZAP is available for sale... just sayin'.

ebbrey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norway
I want variable wattage on my provari NOW. The Zmax specs and looks are really close to what i want to "step up too". Good news that it the current reviews on it aint on par with a provari with wobbely bottom end cap and that it keeps firing after you pressed the button.

Provape could make a new chip so people would send in their tubes for a upgrade. Hell call it V2.1

Say yes to variable wattage TODAY!

ebbrey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norway
Well i use different types of RBA during the day and these doesnt have the same resistance and the resistance changes over time also. But i always want 9 ish watts. With VW i could just set it at 9 watts and not fiddle with the menu and open up calculators to figure out what the needed voltage for the new atomizer i just put on it. Rest is fine

KuroCz

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
east coast
And... yes! Black at the same price as satin. I'll pay extra for a silver fern swirling around my mod- but black is a standard colour. It's not special!

Actually, yes it is a special coating, it's cerakote and much more substantial than paint or cheap plating.

...Sadly, Provape have an expensive product and since 2007, there has been a recession and their mod has advanced so little. Other electronic devices have advanced *and their prices have gone down*!

He who rests on his laurels, does not win the race. Provape is stagnating. Marketing is no substitute for innovation.

Yeah there's a recession, but I'd suggest you look at that and the why's before you talk about things being so expensive. And when you mention other electronic devices? Pv's? Or things like smart phones, tablets, etc, that have billions of units being shipped vs how many pv's combined? If you're talking about the latest chinese clones, the claims they make and the latest testing shows that to be marketing hype... not inovation.

I would like to see a longer warranty though.

Ray D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
PA
Assuming that isn't a hoax (that pic could easily be faked), I see no reason for this "2.5."

If it's only a cosmetic change, why bother? Especially when the ones in that picture look horrible. They look like a cross between a kid's toy and an, ummm, adult toy.

I'll believe it when I see it on Provape's site. And if it is true, I predict the V2s will skyrocket on the classifieds ;) If it is indeed only a cosmetic change, now I'm really happy I just bought a V2. :D

edited to add: if the pic is real, I suppose maybe the lighting just makes the coatings look odd. But for the engravings/indentations on the sides? I don't know why the change. I always thought the straight lines were elegant. Then again, that look has been copied ad nauseum lately, so maybe that's why they're going for a different look. The cut ringed tops and end caps are getting imitated a lot too lately. If getting a new look was important, I'm surprised those are staying too.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I will love to se a OLED screen and a upgradeable firmware via usb that will rock I don't cate too much for vw I already got a vmax from sigelei

OLED screens dont have the long life of LED screens and most importantly are more susceptible to liquids. As quick as people are to advocate these 1-3 years from now they will also be those complaining the loudest when they break or malfunction.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I hope Provape doesn't change a thing. I don't know if the Provari will be as durable if they do as stated above. If they change it I will probably pick up the current version on the classies in every color and LED combo I can get. I depend heavily on this device surviving the every day chaos that is my life and if they changed it and it wasn't as durable I would be sending it in constantly. I would go crazy. When I drop my Provari and I pick it back up I don't even check to see if it still works anymore. I just know it will. I need that peace of mind. I still have a second as back up but I feel like I will never need it. I still need it to be hot pink tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread