Provari V3 is it possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If the message from Provape that was allegedly directed to the supplier that leaked the above photos is legit, the new engraving was the solution to a problem Provape was having with the Provari name wearing off of the current finishes. I like the engraved Provari nameplate, not sure about the new engraved designs yet.

I WOULD like a red satin finish, though. ;)

N1gh7m4r3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2012
Conroe
Something like this? Hippo (Provari upper sleeve-

I was thinking about it the other night and I'd like to see a cleaner top cap available. The top cap indenting in causes a look that isn't as clean as it could be. Maybe swapable top caps that offered different looks and functionality based on what atomizer system you are going to use (think Z-atty Pro style) but built in stock. One with threads for an eGo style cone or skirt up to popular tank systems to offer clean lines. Black caps would also allow me to get a white one and get the stormtrooper model I've been wanting. :laugh:

frazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
This. A Provari Hybrid PV would be the absolute pinnacle of vaping perfection.

EDIT: Most people seem to think that rebuildable atty makes VV useless, but what about when the resistance of the coil changes over the life of the coil? I COULD take the time to build another wick and coil and install it, OR I could take 3 seconds to adjust the voltage a mark or two and keep using a perfectly good coil.

This would be quite awesome. One of the things I like about the provari is all the safety features built in. I am looking for and willing to try hybrid PV's, but the fact that it is just a switch and battery to the short I will probably create when winding the coil worries me...lol

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
OLED screens dont have the long life of LED screens and most importantly are more susceptible to liquids. As quick as people are to advocate these 1-3 years from now they will also be those complaining the loudest when they break or malfunction.

I'm pretty sure anything provape makes will be durable. If 'durable' means protecting against leaks, then they would seal/isolate the screen - come to think of it, why not do it for the circuit board as well.

As for the oled lifespan, I think it is pretty long enough (14,000 hours or five years at 8 hours a day) unless they add the ability to light up the display while vaping (ala zmax.evic/etc).

All I'm saying is that with their track record for build quality and durability, they can 'improve' the provari.

tc3driver

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
California, USA
I know that this is a sorta dead thread... sorry for the revival.

But, I think they would be foolish not to have a v3, they need to come out with VW just to keep up, I saw earlier in the thread about all these companies who are copying, well they may have copied the external design, then the VV, but there are a lot of mods out there that may not have the insane build quality but have more and better features.

Put it this way, I got rid of a provari because it didn't have VW, and I was never using it. I will say that there were some nova style tanks that hit better on the vari vs the z-max. The z-max is my PV now and I am waiting for VW until i purchase another provari.

tc3driver

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
California, USA
Their really is no difference between vv and vw. If you use ohms law and have a resistance of 2 and you want to vape at 8 watts you can set volts to 4. Either way it is 8 watts.

While true, you are missing the point. Take my vaping habits, I change cartos, clearos, attys, etc. All day long. With a VW mod I don't have to think about it, don't have to make changes, just vape. VS with VV every time I change from one to the next I also have to adjust voltage, and when you forget to do so it usually makes for a less than stellar vape.

They just released these v2.5. Which is just a new design. If it works why change. People are ordering provari's everyday
I like the mini designs

You become Chevy, Dodge, etc. People still purchased them but they had to start giving them away to maintain sales numbers. Companies who focus on what they were can never see what they are, when they cannot see what they are they cannot set a proper course for the direction of the company. Usually ends with company needing to be "bailed out" or dead. I am not suggesting that Provari is going to fall off a cliff. Like the "Big Three" spending so many years ignoring the foreign competition, Provari seems to be ignoring the feature sets of the foreign competition, eventually people will stop buying Provaris, sure there will be the few die hards, but there will be a product that destroys the Provari in every way.

Provari is already fighting against cheap labor, it has economies of scale on its side right now, but to maintain that they need to stay ahead of the curve and continue to be the innovators they once were. I am not voting against Provari, but warning that failure to keep innovating could spell the end of the company. Indeed if Provari comes out with just VW, I will have one or more in my possession, if they come out with the next big thing again, they will retain market share.

I have to be honest, the v2.5 seems more like an act of desperation than any form of innovation, it smacks of (this is pure speculation) "We are not selling enough mods, hmmm maybe we need to introduce something to appeal to those who must have the latest and greatest. Lets make a superficial change and the masses will buy more!"

Again I have nothing but respect for Provari, I just fear for their future.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
jimmyh:8422203 said:
Their really is no difference between vv and vw. If you use ohms law and have a resistance of 2 and you want to vape at 8 watts you can set volts to 4. Either way it is 8 watts.

I don't think you understand VW

A 2 ohm coil is 8 watts at 4 volts, but what happens when that 2 ohm coil fluctuates? What happens as coils get hot, they fluctuate, so an 8 watt Vape is not an 8 watt Vape as the coil heats up.

But, with VW, as the coil heats up and the ohms change, the voltage is changed to account for the change in resistance, which equates to a consistant Vape, Vape, after Vape.

jimmyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
Niagara Falls NY
I don't think you understand VW

A 2 ohm coil is 8 watts at 4 volts, but what happens when that 2 ohm coil fluctuates? What happens as coils get hot, they fluctuate, so an 8 watt Vape is not an 8 watt Vape as the coil heats up.

But, with VW, as the coil heats up and the ohms change, the voltage is changed to account for the change in resistance, which equates to a consistant Vape, Vape, after Vape.
I do understand ohms law, I also understand that It will change. I believe it will not change that much to allow you to notice the difference. If you can tell me by just vaping on your device what the wattage is than I stand corrected. If the resistance goes from 2 to 2.1 you won't even notice it.

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
the thing is though, these cheap VW devices aren't nearly as accurate as a Provari. so people who argue i'd rather have a thiso or a thato over the Provari because it's VW is kinda crazy. I have an ohm's law calc on my phone, it takes about 5 seconds to check my ohms (which don't change that much lets be real here), and plug and chug, adjust to what I want. I'd rather have a device accurate to 1% or better than letting a device be sloppy and adjust.

Provari is smart by standing apart from the competition and not just jumping on the band wagon with the VW device, I'm sure they know they will do it, but why rush it? I assume they want to offer a VW device at some point, but want it to be the best of them, and as accurate as the v2 is, i'm sure they will but not anytime soon, and really there is no need for it. People think there is a need for it but they are just jumping on the band wagon as it flies by going "hey come on this is cool!!"

I love my Provari and could gave two s**** less about VW. Had a Vamo, sold it after less than 24 hours of owning it (like 2 of using it), VW is played out IMO

carynjahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
South Carolina
Couldn't agree more cat! I had an acrylimax(zmax v1) sold it and a sig zmax about to be posted on the classies. I still used my mini vtube 2 the most. I finally broke down and bought a provari.......so far I'm likin' it. VW is totally overrated. Even when I had the two devices capable of it I still used them mostly in vv mode.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
I definitely would agree on the accuracy aspect of your comment, the Darwin, DNA, Nivel, and Kick are much more accurate and consistent than the Vamo/Zmax chip.

But, if VW is played out, then what's that say about VV?

the thing is though, these cheap VW devices aren't nearly as accurate as a Provari. so people who argue i'd rather have a thiso or a thato over the Provari because it's VW is kinda crazy. I have an ohm's law calc on my phone, it takes about 5 seconds to check my ohms (which don't change that much lets be real here), and plug and chug, adjust to what I want. I'd rather have a device accurate to 1% or better than letting a device be sloppy and adjust.

Provari is smart by standing apart from the competition and not just jumping on the band wagon with the VW device, I'm sure they know they will do it, but why rush it? I assume they want to offer a VW device at some point, but want it to be the best of them, and as accurate as the v2 is, i'm sure they will but not anytime soon, and really there is no need for it. People think there is a need for it but they are just jumping on the band wagon as it flies by going "hey come on this is cool!!"

I love my Provari and could gave two s**** less about VW. Had a Vamo, sold it after less than 24 hours of owning it (like 2 of using it), VW is played out IMO

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I love my Provaris, I have 4 of the full sized V2's. I thought about the colors but none of them really tickled my fancy enough to buy one. The V2.5 gives me even less reason to buy one. These are cosmetic decisions not device decisions, both on my part and ProVapes part.

I bought my first Provaris in March 2012, after vaping a year on Egos. I bought a few SB's at the same time. These days the SB is the least expensive of my US made devices, the Provaris up there with the Helixes on the high end.

I like both VV and mechanical mods. For me a 3.7 mod is good to go as I use LR atties. I don't absolutely have to have vv to get a good vape. If I want more voltage I stick a kick in.

Now the flood of China clones is here. Many of my friends bought into Vmax, Zmax, Sigelei, VAMO and extolled the virtues of vw vaping. I decided to try one this month and see what all the hoorah was about. I bought an inexpensive China made CVI. Nice oled, RMS, easy one button menu, nice looking, very lightweight as it is aluminum. Gorgeous shocking pink color. Cheap so I'm not out a lot if it fails or I don't like it. I was surprised that for the money it seems to be built well. Truth be told it resembles a Provari but is longer and lighter in weight. I haven't spent enough time with it yet to know if it is a keeper. I also bought a Sigelei Zmax for comparison purposes, OLED, RMS et al.

This is a hard time for many people, and vaping is on the line to some extent now. The economy sucks, the FDA is in heat, the China stuff is priced to be a throwaway if it fails, and some of the items are good looking. Many people who can't cough up the money for a Provari can buy a China made or three. Most people make money decisions when they buy hardware. They get what they can afford.

If I were running ProVape I would be keeping one eye on the economy, sixteen eyes on the FDA, and a couple on China. With the current deeming regulation up in the air I would not be in expensive R&D for a new device, I would be waiting to see if an axe appears and if so how hard it is swung and at which section of the vaping community.

An overlooked fact seems to be that we are the early adopters, we are hobbyists and vaping activists/advocates, a very small percentage of the vaping community. The face of vaping is not us. We buy all the new shiny toys and promote the activity.

The face of vaping is the guy buying the cig lookalikes, and if they work for him he may join us at some point, or he may be satisfied with what he has.

China's stuff is getting better, they build a cheap copy and then when the screaming starts they improve it, in that order. They are not trying to build superior products and they are not trying to build product loyalty as is ProVape. They are there for the buck as long as they can keep sucking it in with what they produce.

VW is making strides in the market, and I would expect it to do so. Most new vapers coming to big battery mods have little information about battery safety, ohms law, and what delivery device they can use on the battery tube. A new vaper can shove a battery into the tube, stick something on the connector and vape away without regard to ohms law etc, if he is using VW.

I would guess when ProVape is ready to build a new version they will have taken everything into consideration before they put a toe in the water. US mods are much more expensive to build than China mods. Labor, material, taxes, plant space are all much more expensive here. All of that contributes to the price point they have to maintain in order to be a viable business. It is always much harder to be an innovator than a copy cat.

JMHO

Last edited:

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
I definitely would agree on the accuracy aspect of your comment, the Darwin, DNA, Nivel, and Kick are much more accurate and consistent than the Vamo/Zmax chip.

But, if VW is played out, then what's that say about VV?

The answer my friend, is this: that when on a Provari, VV is King. Nuff said. /thread ;)

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
the thing is though, these cheap VW devices aren't nearly as accurate as a Provari.

Actually they are. That's been confirmed by a number of independent reviews of the new vv/vw devices. Which is one of the reasons they've taken off. The Provari is the most accurate on variable voltage, but many of the vv/vw devices are so close that in practical terms there is no difference in terms of accuracy for the vaper.
With accuracy the game has lifted. That's happened just within the last 6 months or less, and I think seeing that accuracy on the vv/vw mods has been partly what has prompted so much interest from people in wanting to see a Provari vw. Whether they will bring one out or not at some point is anyones guess. For the moment they aren't planning to.
I haven't seen any side by side test comparisons between the vv/vw mods and DNA mods so don't know if the DNA performs any better - it has smaller increments for those who want that. My understanding is the DNA20 has a 4 volt minimum, and SR is recommended. That could be an issue for those wanting lower ohms on their rebuildables.
That's not an issue with the Provari, or with the better vv/vw mods. The Provari has I believe the best capacity for very low ohms - like 1.0 or 0.9 ohms. Unless a mechanical mod is used.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread