• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Provari VS Provari Mini VS Evic... whats your though

Status
Not open for further replies.

KY0TE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
UTAH
Ok. So there is no difference between vivi nova and ZAP.

Huge difference i think.. The zap is rebuildable in a few different variations.. The vivi only does one way replacement. with the ZAP you can use different wicks and wires. When set up good will out last the vivi as far as hits goes as well.. I would go with a Mini Pro and a ZAP.. Just my 2 cents .. ;)

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
My next toy will be a Provari with 18650 & ZAP tank. Did I miss anything else?

Just have to get the blue tank hehe... I got mine from electronicstix.com

20130325_152417.jpg

dwsp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
USA/MY/SG
Oh, and I've always thought the vivi was more of the cleromizer family?

to translate mad's words.. vivi IS a clearomizer.

it's kinda like a 'better' than the carto + tank setup but not as good as an rba (eg. zap).

but I know some r very comfortable where they r with their vivis cos it performs n tastes better than yr cartos plus u can rebuild if u want to n they do not wanna get started with the 'complexities' of an rba.

Reflections

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
near equator
Huge difference i think.. The zap is rebuildable in a few different variations.. The vivi only does one way replacement. with the ZAP you can use different wicks and wires. When set up good will out last the vivi as far as hits goes as well.. I would go with a Mini Pro and a ZAP.. Just my 2 cents .. ;)

OK. I can rebuild the vivi nova. Is it also easy to rebuild the ZAP? But the tot of the price for ZAP really puts me off.

Other than the rebuild, any difference in the vaping experience? Like more vapor or better TH?

Last edited:

eyespan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
S.E.A
OK. I can rebuild the vivi nova. Is it also easy to rebuild the ZAP? But the tot of the price for ZAP really puts me off.

Technically you do not "rebuild" a vivi nova unless you coil your own kanthal and wick onto it. All you usually do is change out an old coil for a new premade coil. A ZAP is a REAL rebuildable.

Looking at stuff you saying I suggest you hold off buying the ZAP. You right about the price. Truth is also there are plenty of people who don't like it. Don't like to rebuild, don't like the taste, cannot get it to work.... etc. Its not a macho issue. Not saying you not up to it. Its like cheese. There are very expensive cheese around, and very nice to go with fine wine. Doesn't mean a thing if cheese gives you diahorea.:(

Reflections

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
near equator
I do coil my own kanthal and wick on a vivi nova.

I do agree with you, hold off buying the ZAP. Thanks for the advice.

Technically you do not "rebuild" a vivi nova unless you coil your own kanthal and wick onto it. All you usually do is change out an old coil for a new premade coil. A ZAP is a REAL rebuildable.

Looking at stuff you saying I suggest you hold off buying the ZAP. You right about the price. Truth is also there are plenty of people who don't like it. Don't like to rebuild, don't like the taste, cannot get it to work.... etc. Its not a macho issue. Not saying you not up to it. Its like cheese. There are very expensive cheese around, and very nice to go with fine wine. Doesn't mean a thing if cheese gives you diahorea.:(

Popiah

Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
somnis
@OP if you are keen on playing with genesis atties, none of the mainstream VV/VW devices are going to cut it. Many of the genesis videos you see on YouTube are set up with sub one ohm coils and are running in excess of 20watts at close to 5 amps. The vast majority of VV/VW devices are unable to produce this kind of power output.

I'm sure many of the other genesis fans will agree that a much better vape can be had with a cheap mech mod and a aga-t compared to a provari and a ZAP.

VV/VW works very well for silica rebuildables however

Last edited:

eyespan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
S.E.A
Very true. But a really cheap mech mod with lousy conductivity would not hit as hard and wastes alot of good battery life. Something of the middle level like a CUBE would be wonderful. Both for sorting out the shorts(ie setting up the coil) and vaping. When it comes to mech mods, I am particular about the voltage drop.

VV/VW usually come with circuit protections. They shut down to self protect in the event of a short.

I can pulse a new coil with a provari. Alot of frustrations. I remember trying to pulse a coil/mesh with another forummer using a Vamo. Next to impossible.

Popiah is right. I will be first to admit I cannot use a Genesis style RBA without a mech mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread