Not open for further replies.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I really want to get a provari based on how well its built and how accurate it is as far as what I am hearing about it. What I do not understand though is why when someone makes a statement that it is overpriced or there are mods just as good and far cheaper, all the heat that someone has to take.

I thought people have a right to give an opinion. God forbid I purchase one and give a negative review on it...Will people be in front of my house with torches...????????????

I think it's because people don't read the person's post.

If someone posts - "I've tried vaping and like it and want a durable pv and cost doesn't enter into it- fine to suggest a ProVari.

*If someone posts - "Help, my ego battery isn't charging, what can I do to fix it" and someone posts- throw it out the window and buy a Provari. Not fine. And this actually happened.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I think no one complains about the price of these particular devices is because people don't wind on about them all the time. I thought it was obvious why i was talking about a mech and variable voltage in the same sentance. Just to reiterate, a mech mod last forever and a variable voltage device doesn't.
<<< Unless you want to keep paying to have it repaired

A mech mod was being used in contrast to a variable voltage device. I think i can compare the 2 in this context can't i ? Chalk and cheese, apples and oranges. One lasts one don't. That was my point !. "I'm a little confused because you highlighted what i'd said in your own words but you don't seem to realise it.

So i hope you understand why now !.
Since you chose to compare a Provari to a mechanical mod, I emphasized that a Provari is every bit as durable as a mechanical because of the way it is built. If you have never held, used, or owned one you couldn't know that.

A mechanical mod can have parts fail like any mechanical tool can. Therefore it is not as fool-proof as you claim. Replacement parts will be needed and someone to replace them. Provape offers this service for reasonable cost for the Provari. Therefore, it will last as long as any mechanical mod will.

In contrast, your Tesla will be a throwaway should it need repair. Sure, you can buy another. And another when that one needs repair. Some people get tired of having to continually replace their mods so often, and end up getting a Provari which will last them years by comparison. It's all in how you wish to spend your money. When putting out the money for a Provari, you buy ONCE and cry ONCE, but regret it NEVER.

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I have a provari that I almost never use because I like the vv/VW of the vamo a lot better. For me I get a much better Vape from my vamo's and they are a lot cheaper.

I also have a Vamo, and two Provari's. IMO, there's absolutely no comparison between the two. While I like my Vamo, my Provari's are so much better quality wise that I would never dream of making a statement such as that. It always comes back to "and they are a lot cheaper".

best regards, larry mac

vicflo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2009
Virginia
"70-90% of the vaping community vape in these tolerances." I'm skeptical of this claim. Is there any data to support it? I'd be very surprised if the actual figure is anywhere near that high.

best regards, larry mac

yes majority of vapers use egos/cigalikes. people with apvs and mods are a tiny fraction of a fraction of the "community" so i wouldnt be surprised if the percentage was even higher.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
yes majority of vapers use egos/cigalikes. people with apvs and mods are a tiny fraction of a fraction of the "community" so i wouldnt be surprised if the percentage was even higher.
I can agree with this. E-cig forums tend to attract the hobbyist and enthusiasts who go more advanced with mods and RBA's, which when the whole vaping community is included is a very small percentage of people who use e-cigarettes.

If you look at the stats for ECF, there are far more "visitors" than members, and far more "lurkers" who do not post in the forums than those who do. We get the false notion that because many of the topics on ECF deal with mods that this is what most people are using. More vapors are using cigalikes and egos around the world than mods by a large margin.

rhodzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Yorkshire, England
www.rhodzy.com
Each to their own I guess! Everyone has their preference and will use what they want. You can read as many reviews as you want or watch them but at the end of the day it's what makes you enjoy vaping! :)

I generally tend to stay away from reading too many reviews, find it takes over a little too much and then when I come to buy one there's usually a new version out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Since you chose to compare a Provari to a mechanical mod, I emphasized that a Provari is every bit as durable as a mechanical because of the way it is built. If you have never held, used, or owned one you couldn't know that.

A mechanical mod can have parts fail like any mechanical tool can. Therefore it is not as fool-proof as you claim. Replacement parts will be needed and someone to replace them. Provape offers this service for reasonable cost for the Provari. Therefore, it will last as long as any mechanical mod will.

In contrast, your Tesla will be a throwaway should it need repair. Sure, you can buy another. And another when that one needs repair. Some people get tired of having to continually replace their mods so often, and end up getting a Provari which will last them years by comparison. It's all in how you wish to spend your money. When putting out the money for a Provari, you buy ONCE and cry ONCE, but regret it NEVER.

I'll tell you what i'll do Mr/Miss Baditude :confused:. I'll make a note of this conversation and when my Tesla fails i'll let you know. I've had it for, let me see, about, i don't know, 3 or 4 months. As soon as it breaks, for whatever reason, You'll be the first to know. So whether it's a month or year or whatever, i'll let you know. So you know, chinese, japanese, american who cares !. We'll just have to wait and see !.

I will also let you know if it's still working too !:2cool:. Periodically !. Something for you to look forward to.

Last edited:

Kropotkin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Maine
It's a problem on the forum, certain brands like Provari and Reo have strong FanBoy followings. If you give a negative review you get flamed.
Pretty much. It's like failing to swoon over Ahlusion juices, or making jokes about MBV: bad news.

:ohmy:

I don't see as many ProVari threads as I used to, though. I think fancy rebuildables and upscale mech mods are more fashionable and status-y now.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Let me ask this, if Provape started making mech mods would they charge customers up for it because it is made by them and they now have a good reputation ?. Or Provape don't make mech mods because they know no one would pay the price they would want !. How could Provape make a mech mod that would be worth as much as a Provari ?.

That's amazing!

You can see into the minds of the people at ProVape!!!

Can you tell me when the Polished SS Minis will be back in stock, and when will the V3 be out??

Thanks!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
"70-90% of the vaping community vape in these tolerances." I'm skeptical of this claim. Is there any data to support it? I'd be very surprised if the actual figure is anywhere near that high.

best regards, larry mac
I've hung around in Vape Shops and 70-90% are vaping away on Ego or on devices at Provari levels.

Just to be sure that I'm not wrong.
I just started a poll for 1 week. I invite all to participate.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/polls/486507-what-percentage-vaping-provari-levels.html

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll tell you what i'll do Mr/Miss Baditude :confused:. I'll make a note of this conversation and when my Tesla fails i'll let you know. I've had it for, let me see, about, i don't know, 3 or 4 months. As soon as it breaks, for whatever reason, You'll be the first to know. So whether it's a month or year or whatever, i'll let you know. So you know, chinese, japanese, american who cares !. We'll just have to wait and see !.

I will also let you know if it's still working too !:2cool:. Periodically !. Something for you to look forward to.

It is Mr. And wow, you are so proud that your Tesla has lasted a whole 3 - 4 months. I'm so impressed! :rolleyes:

My Provari is 16 months old and working as good as new. It's been dropped on the driveway when I've gotten out of my car several times due to my absentmindedness. It's rolled from a bench onto hard tile floor two or three times; each time I first check for a broken tile before I check the Provari because I know its built like a tank. I have friends who have original Provari's that are nearly 3 years old and never had a problem with them.

Yeah, let me know when your Tesla reaches its 1 year old birthday. I'm not holding my breath.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I wish I had got a Provari sooner than I did.

I bought many things that just didn't satisfy me and it would have been cheaper for me to have bought the Provari up front.

I can tell you some negatives but they are conditional negatives.

The Provari is heavy. I keep two of the loaded up at my desk and at home the weight does not bother me. In fact at home I like the weight (I work from a home office) and they are very stable setting here. At home the weight is not an issue.

I frequently toss a Provari in my pocket, it is a bit heavy for that.

I spent more trying different things to use at the desk that I decided I didn't want till I got the Provari. It is the only thing I am happy with for the home based role.

I spent more money trying to find my middle sized solution than I did on my Provari's. I am still not 100% satisfied on my middles sized device but I don't know of a better middle sized device for pocket carry than I am using. I wish I could find a middle weight device that I like as much as my heavy weight device.

I have spent almost as much on light weight devices as I did the Provari. I am still searching for my ideal light weight device.

If the three classes of devices I am trying to maintain. Heavy, medium, and light. Only the Heavy class I am happy with because it is the Provari.

I am not interested in Mech Mods but I respect them. If Provape made a Mech Mod I would not be interested but would read about it.

Provape does make a middle sized device and it is quality but I am not interested in it either as it does not have what I am looking for in my pocket device. I wish Provape did make something with the feature set I want for my middle weight pocket device but they don't.

I also want the best hands free device I can find, none so far has made me completely happy but one has come close but not quite there. I wish Provape made something that matched the specs I want for that was well but they don't.

I like the Provari for what it is, Provapes non-Provari device does not interest me.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
It is Mr. And wow, you are so proud that your Tesla has lasted a whole 3 - 4 months. I'm so impressed! :rolleyes:

My Provari is 16 months old and working as good as new. It's been dropped on the driveway when I've gotten out of my car several times due to my absentmindedness. It's rolled from a bench onto hard tile floor two or three times; each time I first check for a broken tile before I check the Provari because I know its built like a tank. I have friends who have original Provari's that are nearly 3 years old and never had a problem with them.

Yeah, let me know when your Tesla reaches its 1 year old birthday. I'm not holding my breath.

I never said anything about being proud of having a Tesla for as long as i have, that would be silly !. That happens to be how long i've had it for, coincidence ?, no.:laugh:.

You check for a broken tile do you, DO YOU !:laugh:

I wasn't joking or being sarcastic. I will inform you when it breaks. So none of this "oh it's chinese and it won't last" or whatever. We'll actually see how long a tesla lasts shall we !. According to you if it isn't a Provari it'll break at some point.:laugh:. No it won't !

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Some of us (American members) avoid Chinese made products anytime there is a viable American made option. Hell, I'll even buy an American product if it is exactly the same quality, performance and appearance as a chinese version, for twice the price.

If you love Walmart and Kia Accents because you value saving a buck over what you're getting and where your money is going, then the ProVari may not be for you. But at least consider some of the other lesser priced American made mods. There is a reason they will ALWAYS cost more than Chinese mods. Worker conditions being the main one. I'd rather support an industry that treats it's workers fairly, even at the cost of paying a little more of my own hard earned money.

But, YMMV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread