Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Jester

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Reno, NV
I see most of the posters in this thread have a very low post count. My question is this: Did you all go for the Provari as your first PV, or did you progress toward it as most do?

I started with the Vapor4Life kit, then went to homemade box mods, and finally to the Provari. When I first started I needed the whole "looks like a cig" feeling, and the V4L kit was great, but I LOVE my Provari!

Mine will be here tomorrow. :)

I guess I could say I progressed toward it, though I ordered the Provari before my first PV from V2Cigs had even arrived at my doorstep. ;) I'd mentioned in a thread that I was going to be big into the DIY Box mods, and someone replied that once you start that, it doesn't stop until you get a ProVari. Did some research and liked what I saw, so I decided to just skip the box modding step altogether and go straight to the best. :D

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Mine will be here tomorrow. :)

I guess I could say I progressed toward it, though I ordered the Provari before my first PV from V2Cigs had even arrived at my doorstep. ;) I'd mentioned in a thread that I was going to be big into the DIY Box Mods, and someone replied that once you start that, it doesn't stop until you get a ProVari. Did some research and liked what I saw, so I decided to just skip the box modding step altogether and go straight to the best. :D

Well, you might stop at the Provari. But there's also the Empire Mod/drip shield combination. It's not regulated. So I'm not comparing that feature. But an IMR battery with a good 901 atomizer is as compelling, in my mind, as a Provari with a 510.

If you could only pick one- I'd say go Provari. But there's still mod territory to be covered after getting a Provari.

It truly never ends.

:)

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Wouldn't even dream of a non-regulated, non-VV mod. I DO toss that drip shield on top of my Provari though, works and looks awesome.

Still, I make homemade mods quite often, just for the sake of making. Some I PIF, some get taken apart and remodelled into something else...
Well, you might stop at the Provari. But there's also the Empire Mod/drip shield combination. It's not regulated. So I'm not comparing that feature. But an IMR battery with a good 901 atomizer is as compelling, in my mind, as a Provari with a 510.

If you could only pick one- I'd say go Provari. But there's still mod territory to be covered after getting a Provari.

It truly never ends.

:)

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Wouldn't even dream of a non-regulated, non-VV mod. I DO toss that drip shield on top of my Provari though, works and looks awesome.

Still, I make homemade mods quite often, just for the sake of making. Some I PIF, some get taken apart and remodelled into something else...

Well in my mind IMR batteries are the poor mans regulator since they are able to create high current.

Don't get me wrong.. the Provari is a Cadillac. I'm just saying this from the context of cost.

And I'm a proud Provari owner.

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
I'm also getting mine tomorrow and I'm very excited. I haven't bought a new PV since March, and never vaped past 3.7v, with the exception of the my 808 PT. My Liquinator comes tomorrow also, which will be my first tank.

Boy are you gonna be happy to be able to adjust the cartos and attys to your liking enjoy as all of us with the provari's do!

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
Boy are you gonna be happy to be able to adjust the cartos and attys to your liking enjoy as all of us with the provari's do!

Nice! I wonder if there's a post of everybody's preferred settings on a post...

I noticed in your sig you got the black chrome, and that's what I ordered too. Looks mad nice!

bsb111

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Have had mine about 3 weeks - love it. Am new to vaping (since 8-29) and also use an eGo model for when I am in public. Ordered mine with the extender kit and 2500 mah batteries (and several other items from ProVape); so far everything has worked as advertised. Have had the E8 error message flash three times but not "persistent" as defined in the users manual. Do have a background where manufacturing tolerances were important and the Provai I received is a very well made product. Looking forward to some long term use.

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
Have had mine about 3 weeks - love it. Am new to vaping (since 8-29) and also use an eGo model for when I am in public. Ordered mine with the extender kit and 2500 mah batteries (and several other items from ProVape); so far everything has worked as advertised. Have had the E8 error message flash three times but not "persistent" as defined in the users manual. Do have a background where manufacturing tolerances were important and the Provai I received is a very well made product. Looking forward to some long term use.

How long do batts last and at what voltage? Highest voltage possible? At what voltage do you have to step up your atties to HV? Are the settings for 5 and 6 volt the most popular and can the difference really be tasted? Thanks.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
How long do batts last and at what voltage? Highest voltage possible? At what voltage do you have to step up your atties to HV? Are the settings for 5 and 6 volt the most popular and can the difference really be tasted? Thanks.

The 18500's last between a couple hours and most of a day, depending on several factors, i.e. how much you vape, what resistance atty/carto you use, what voltage... Personally I use a 2.5-3ohm atomizer at between 5.4v and 5.7v depending on the joose, and I get around 6-7 hours. The AW 18650 batteries get usually a whole day, and the Provari Power 18650's have been known to last 2 days.

The voltage range goes from 3.3v up to 6v.

My personal rule of thumb is:
1.5-1.8ohm = UP to 4.2v
2-2.2ohm = up to 5v
2.5-2.8ohm = up to 5.8v
3ohm or higher = 6+v

Most peoples sweet spot is around 5v, but everyone is different.

Honestly, you can taste the difference between 3.7v and 3.9v. Different voltages will give you different levels of throat hit, different amounts of vapor... higher voltages can make flavors more pronounced, and can in some instances completely change the flavor altogether. I have a good menthol joose here, that I won't vape/can't stand at any other voltage than 4.3v. Ikenvape RY4 is decent at normal voltage, but crank the voltage up to 5.6v and the caramel flavor just melts into the tobacco flavor in a way that you have to taste to understand... Of course, the preferred voltages may be different for you, or anyone else, but you get the idea.

EDIT: It should also be pointed out, that what most people consider to be 3.7v is actually more like 3.2-3.3v, which is why the eGo is designed to maintain 3.2v. The battery might supply 3.7v, but once the load(atomizer) is applied there is a voltage drop. The Provari sets its voltage having taken load into account, so 3.7v on the Provari is stronger.

Last edited:

Microlon

Sep 11, 2011
UK
My Black Chrome has just arrived and I am working my way through E liquid that never tasted so good!

Now need to order some more........fast! What to get now???

The variable voltage really does make all the difference!

The metal drip tip on my 510 atty gets rather hot!

Any suggestions of types that don't heat up quite so much?

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
My Black Chrome has just arrived and I am working my way through E liquid that never tasted so good!

Now need to order some more........fast! What to get now???

The variable voltage really does make all the difference!

The metal drip tip on my 510 atty gets rather hot!

Any suggestions of types that don't heat up quite so much?

Delrin, acrylic or pyrex. Delrin isn't as sturdy, and acrylic can crack with acidic or cinnamon juices. Pyrex is a good choice though -- if you can find it.

VaporTrails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Somewhere High.
I've been progressing... and finally got mine about four days ago. It's fantastic, I can see why the reviews for this pv are so highly regarded. When I first looked into getting one my thought was "I'll just use it at home." However it hasn't left my side since it arrived in the mail. It's larger but seems to have less presence than my Silver Bullet. I ended up getting Big Daddy Vapor's 3ML tank with the aluminum caps to compliment this thing, the combination looks pretty good. I ended up getting a nylon pouch to attach either to my belt or chest strap on my pack which works great. This is a fantastic device, very happy with mine. This will likely be the last PV added to the collection for a while...

Some bling factor here:

SLP10004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread