ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
What did he say is the service cost?

It will vary depending on what the issue is and whether you have warranty or not. I got the P3 from the classies that had the screen issue and sent it in to get the screen fixed and updated software. The estimate was around $35, but I don't expect to get a warranty discount. I would plan on at least $25 plus shipping to him for out-of-warranty work, and that seems pretty fair to me. Your first email to him should give him an idea about what you need, and in his reply back to me, he gave me a list of prices for common services. If anyone has something they want fixed, I would try to get it done sooner than later just because there is a finite number of parts left.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
When I was younger, much younger, I used to love to walk on my tiptoes. It felt really good to my calves. But, after decades of working on my feet and a couple of injuries, I just can't do it anymore. Low heels would probably be ok though, I think. Haven't tried.

kayfun should take any 'regular' drip tip, right? Anything made for a 510/901/808 atty. Of course, drip-tips do very ever so slightly in actual size, no matter what size they say it is. It just takes a fraction of a millimeter to throw it off.

I hate any shopping that can't be done online, especially clothes shopping! Except bookstores.
I just plain hate shopping.

I can't wear any kind of heel at all..(I have serious nerve damage in my legs) not even low heels, so a find on a good pair of comfortable flats is a keeper for as long as the shoes last.. I have one black pair and one light brown on dress flats..

I love to see the drip tips, but haven't made an investment as I'm always worried what i buy will be the wrong thing.. I hate wasting money, and most people don't say things like "this drip tip will fit a kayfun"

I think the first time I see that i will load up.. until then, I worry!
I haven't worn any kind of heels since I was 17. That was when I was run over by a car…long story…spent a year in the hospital and ended up with my right leg shorter than my left by half an inch. But you can't tell. Through the years I learned to compensate.…except I csn't stand on heels.

My ortho doctor says heels should be illegal because they are so bad for our foot, leg, hip and spinal bones.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
It will vary depending on what the issue is and whether you have warranty or not. I got the P3 from the classies that had the screen issue and sent it in to get the screen fixed and updated software. The estimate was around $35, but I don't expect to get a warranty discount. I would plan on at least $25 plus shipping to him for out-of-warranty work, and that seems pretty fair to me. Your first email to him should give him an idea about what you need, and in his reply back to me, he gave me a list of prices for common services. If anyone has something they want fixed, I would try to get it done sooner than later just because there is a finite number of parts left.
Thanks

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
How old is it?

My DH quit a year before me with the patch and is very happy vaping did the trick for me. He know I spent a lot of money getting set up but hasn't asked exactly how much. I take care of all the financing and have kept us debt-free all our married life so he knows I won't go overboard.

I guess I'm weird with you then. I'd rather visit garden, vape, knitting yarn or computer shops. I either make my clothes or go to Walmart.

What did he say is the service cost?

I bought it at the end of July 2016

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Selfie hanging out with the boys!
:?:
C_OoH4lXsAQL257.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I bought it at the end of July 2016
Did you buy it new? I'm asking because I sort of like to keep track of how long Provaris last.

Geez I hope this one wasn't new. Of course every company can have issues with some of their products sometimes but you never hear that with Provape.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Did you buy it new? I'm asking because I sort of like to keep track of how long Provaris last.

Geez I hope this one wasn't new. Of course every company can have issues with some of their products sometimes but you never hear that with Provape.

it's rare to see one stop working within it's first 5 years :blink:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

My first ProVari was 2.0 mini blem (her name is "Bleminy Cricket" :wub:) I got her in December 2012. I chain-vape like a dragon and she was all I used for months until I got a second mini for backup. She was still my primary vape until I got a P3 and the one I took out with me until I got a Radius. She works fine (I just like the boost feature). I haven't had to send any of my 'Varis in for repairs.

One thing I would suggest is to be careful when you insert batteries. I used to drop a battery in straight down without a thought, until someone pointed out that the repeated pounding could loosen the board. Oops! Duh! I can see how dropping a battery in might knock the little connector off.

"Bleminy Cricket" and "Bounce" - my first two "Varis

2yu3.jpg

ETA: This is so weird. The picture shows up in preview, but not when posted.

Try again
ugkq.jpg

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
My first ProVari was 2.0 mini blem (her name is "Bleminy Cricket" :wub:) I got her in December 2012. I chain-vape like a dragon and she was all I used for months until I got a second mini for backup. She was still my primary vape until I got a P3 and the one I took out with me until I got a Radius. She works fine (I just like the boost feature). I haven't had to send any of my 'Varis in for repairs.

One thing I would suggest is to be careful when you insert batteries. I used to drop a battery in straight down without a thought, until someone pointed out that the repeated pounding could loosen the board. Oops! Duh! I can see how dropping a battery in might knock the little connector off.

"Bleminy Cricket" and "Bounce" - my first two "Varis

2yu3.jpg

ETA: This is so weird. The picture shows up in preview, but not when posted.

Try again
ugkq.jpg
Good point TO about dropping the bat in. I'm guilty of that. Won't do it anymore. Thanks for mentioning it.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I had to consciously teach myself to slide them in sideways.
Very good advice on the battery insert!:thumb: Keep the mod level and gently insert the battery, been doing it that way myself for a long time now, I don't want to hear a clunk when the battery goes in. There have been a couple of reports of broken contacts on the forum.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Oh! There were threads out in the forum. Oh my god were there! This was before I became a moderator and man....I'm so glad I wasn't one back then! Whew!

Talk about contentious threads. So many were getting shut down. People were recommending Provari to new members then the other camp (there were only two camps back then...the pro Provari and everyone else) would step in. Soon it was just those two groups battling and the OP was never heard from again.

Good times. :D

It was fun trying to spot the deals and grab them quick back then. Good times...

R & E....... GOOD times, fer shore!!!

Ya know, I read a few of those, and everyone said, "Just get a Provari."

I listened. I did. Now I'm like a Willy-Enaud kinda 'Nutti. :blink:

I'm not sure, but am I one of the "oldest" Provinutti in the bunch? My first (you ALWAYS remember your first) came to me in August of 2012. It was a black chrome, V1, with a red LED. So beautiful...... :wub:

provari v1.jpg

I had a Reo at that time, and truly did NOT like it one bit. The Provi seller wanted nothing BUT a Reo. We were a total match, and boom, life changed. I became a

provarinati end cap1.jpg

I was also a serious used ProVari stalker back then. I no doubt scooped a few you were stalking in the classies ... and vice versa.

My first Provi Family pic from June 2015 ... I truly thought I had enough with 14 :blink:

5f7912dc4f5357da383dadb6058880e1.jpg

You spoiled/influenced/coerced me, dude. ;)

Provape is how I found ECF. After multipe failed Sigelei's or failed EGO whatever's, I wanted something reliable. I lurked for a while, without registering and did my research, which led me to know I wanted a Provari. I knew my local vape shop sold them, so I waited till Charlie was up north visiting his family (LOL) and I went and bought my first 2.5. I joined ECF that very day!

I'm glad you did! YES I AM! :D

How is it that a man can turn everything into the woman's fault? Lol..

It's in their jeans, dahlink.

While we're on kitties, I thought this might be fun. I steamed some crabs last night with Old Bay seasoning. The kitties go crazy when they start smelling the Old Bay. I'm thinking it has something to do with the celery seed, but it's so funny to watch as they act like they're on a Cat Nip high!

OMG!!!! The 'Brow voice, in person!!!!!!!!!!!! How EXCITING!!!!

My other thought is ... BT is close to being ready with their PMTAs and need a few more months :smokie:

darnit (^&$&@**%$&!!) my thoughts, too. :grr:

So the purple Provari arrived but it has about a dozen nicks in the finish. I don't mind keeping it as is since it is now difficult to find these devices anywhere but DFW should have made it clear it is a blem. I sent them pictures and asked them for a partial refund. Will see how it goes. You can see some of the nicks in the photo.

I also have a question for @WillyZee. As you can see from the photo the finish on the device is flat and not shiny unlike the extension and both my hot pink one and my red one. I don't mind that it's a different finish I was just wondering about it.
View attachment 653879

Wow, THAT was odd. They sent you a matte with a Sangria end cap?? Wow.

I never did graduate from the "2nd" grade. I couldn't pass the test. :facepalm:

Stealth, Black Satin, Purple Satin, and GMZ, some sportin' some old skool schtuffs.

@WillyZee - :thumbs: on da Pifski. :vapor:

Hope y'all are well! LOVED some of the old posts that I missed earlier. Thanks for the memories.

View attachment 654263

I was struggling to remember the same. Still am, actually. I know I've got some of both, and was surprised was one of the two Stealths that I ordered recently had the old display.

I kept that one.

Uh huh. I begged, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lol:

Yep, that's it. My new one is like the top right window.

@The Ocelot I love that vase shaped DT with the hole in the middle in that photo in the link. Anyone know where I could find some of those?

I'm not sure if there are any donuts available these days, Bea. They were all the rage for awhile.

I had to consciously teach myself to slide them in sideways.

Yo, Ms. O. Hi kiddo.

I'm also of the slide it in skool. Why ask for trouble, right? ;)

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
I purchased mine brand new from Provape. It looks to me like the positive tab didn't have a good solder joint. I have never dropped a battery into any provari mod because I am use to using a Kick2 with my HOH DX650s and the kicks don't have reverse protection.... I have fried one not paying attention when changing batteries out on the fly. Thank god, I have a classic, P3, and another mini for back up. :vapor:

BTW.... Evolv has the Kick2 back in stock

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Please allow me to preach. When you can't find something to binge watch on Netflix, watch this. It's long (almost 3 hours), but didn't feel like it. Just when it seems to go one way, the topic shifts, and then connects again. Truth is subjective. Facts are irrelevant. Power is in Perception Management.

"HyperNormalisation is a 2016 BBC documentary by British filmmaker Adam Curtis. The film was released on 16 October 2016

HyperNormalisation wades through the culmination of forces that have driven this culture into mass uncertainty, confusion, spectacle and simulation. Where events keep happening that seem crazy, inexplicable and out of control—from Donald Trump to Brexit, to the War in Syria, mass immigration, extreme disparity in wealth, and increasing bomb attacks in the West—this film shows a basis to not only why these chaotic events are happening, but also why we, as well as those in power, may not understand them. We have retreated into a simplified, and often completely fake version of the world. And because it is reflected all around us, ubiquitous, we accept it as normal. This epic narrative of how we got here spans over 40 years, with an extraordinary cast of characters—the Assad dynasty, Donald Trump, Henry Kissinger, Patti Smith, early performance artists in New York, President Putin, Japanese gangsters, suicide bombers, Colonel Gaddafi and the Internet."

ETA: This isn't as off topic as it might appear. Think about who/what is managing the perception of vaping. It's not a "conspiracy-wing-nut" film. You may not agree with the conclusions Curtis draws, but I guarantee you won't be screaming that he's an idiot.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
R & E....... GOOD times, fer shore!!!

Ya know, I read a few of those, and everyone said, "Just get a Provari."

I listened. I did. Now I'm like a Willy-Enaud kinda 'Nutti. :blink:

I'm not sure, but am I one of the "oldest" Provinutti in the bunch? My first (you ALWAYS remember your first) came to me in August of 2012. It was a black chrome, V1, with a red LED. So beautiful...... :wub:

View attachment 655193

I had a Reo at that time, and truly did NOT like it one bit. The Provi seller wanted nothing BUT a Reo. We were a total match, and boom, life changed. I became a

View attachment 655191

You spoiled/influenced/coerced me, dude. ;)

I'm glad you did! YES I AM! :D

It's in their jeans, dahlink.

OMG!!!! The 'Brow voice, in person!!!!!!!!!!!! How EXCITING!!!!

darnit (^&$&@**%$&!!) my thoughts, too. :grr:

Wow, THAT was odd. They sent you a matte with a Sangria end cap?? Wow.

Uh huh. I begged, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lol:

I'm not sure if there are any donuts available these days, Bea. They were all the rage for awhile.

Yo, Ms. O. Hi kiddo.

I'm also of the slide it in skool. Why ask for trouble, right? ;)
It's very funny to me how ProVari and REOs mods are so polarizing, yet to me both are perfect as they were created. I love each for their own particular merits, and wouldn't trade one for the other, ( though I have done so in the past) . I have settled into using each for a different purpose, yet both achieve the same objective. For me, the ProVari is the ultimate tank vape, also for dripper atties, it delivers a consistent hit from full battery to end with aplomb.

My REOs deliver a predictable and reliable vape, that slowly changes from full charge to end of charge, that only a mechanical vape lover can understand. I love the snap crackle pop of a fully charged cell and the slow declination to a somewhat mild hit at half charge which is where I generally change cells to a fresh one, so the batteries actually get less stress on them in actual usage. I like both equally, it's not an either or thing for me, different animals, different experience I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread