The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

PTB (Pyramid Tea Bag) Mod

Discussion in 'VIP - Vaping in Phoenix' started by Arizona Dad, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Arizona Dad

Arizona Dad Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    Seems to me I saw a post about PTB bags in the Arizona posts. It stated that the tea bags could be bought at WalMart in Phoenix. I've tried to find them at our local WalMart without success. Also tried Fry's and Safeway. No luck. And in our small town, these are my only alternatives. My question is... IF they are available in Phoenix, is there anyone who would be willing to buy them and ship them to me? I would be more than willing to pay the cost of the bags, plus tax, plus any shipping charges, and something extra for your time and effort. If it can be done, I'll PM my name and address. Thanks Found PTB carts at Cignot. Please disregard

2. desrtrat

desrtrat Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Looks like you're all set then. But if you change your mind and would like someone to pick you up some PTBs, just let me know. I was at my local fry's tonight and they had a bunch of them. They're even on sale now for 2.99 haha. It would be no problem to pick some up for you and send em out.

3. Neo

Neo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Glad you found them.

I use the shredded PTB mod. I will never stuff my carts with crappy polyester filing ever again. Ever!

4. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oh ya?? I'm not familiar with that mod. Is it easier than the regular one? I just picked up some PTBs and was going to try it.

5. Neo

I think the difficulty depends on your fingers and dexterity probably.

The shredding/cutting makes the filling "puffier" for lack of a better word. It makes the PTB expand to fit into the cart more fully.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/33274-shredded-ptb.html

The instructions seem more convoluted than it really is. I found it doesn't need to be as exact as described. Just make a few slits with tiny scissors (like embroidery scissors). You don't need to cut all the way down to the bottom even.

6. Martin2277

Martin2277 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Well first I wish I had seen this a little sooner this week. I was just in Tucson for a conference and would have brought some down for you. Second, I know the PTB's are hard to find sometimes. I had to look for them twice. I found them up by the smaller boxes of tea. You are looking for Lipton Tea Bag. There is about 4 different flavors of tea. I have seen them at Frys and Safeway. I have not looked at Walmart.

7. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks for the heads up on this one! I tried it and it's awesome! Every hit is as good as the first one. You're just a wealth of info Neo! Glad you joined the group!

8. Arizona Dad

Supporting member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    Thanks guys. I really do appreciate it. Would you believe...After reading your posts, I happened to look up on the topmost shelf at Safeway and found the little buggers. I couldn't wait to get home and try that shredding method. WOW!!! Neo, you're absolutely right; I'll never go back to the filler that carts come with. I was amazed at the amount of vapor and how long the cartridge lasted. Time to get the tweezers out and remove that cruddy material and modify every one of my carts. Dsrtrat and Martin...thanks for the offer.:thumbs:

9. Neo

I have a bunch of fluval and polyester I'll give away!

I was amazed when I tried this. It was like night and day.

I'm glad I joined too and have been of help. Honestly I just started this 118 days ago. I've just been experimenting and doing a lot of reading up is all.

10. juicy97

juicy97 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2009
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Hey Neo, I'm not far from you. Any interest in getting together for a mixing session?? After I get my stuff anyways. I'll even host it at mi casa! Anyone from VIP is welcome of course.

11. Neo

That sounds like it might be fun. Any one else, especially on the East Side, interested?

I'd love to go to the Phx meet but I'm going to have to be up for that drive. I hate driving in this town anymore.

12. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    If it's on a weeknight.. I'd be interested if you don't mind, although next week I'll be out of town.

13. Neo

I freelance so my work life is very flexible.

14. juicy97

Sep 11, 2009
    Queen Creek, AZ
    How about this... We are going to the Dunes for 5 days the 21-26th. After we get back frome there we'll plan a meet. Say beginning of November-ish??

15. juicy97

Sep 11, 2009
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Desert... of course you can come! How old are your kiddos???

Neo, one of these days I'd like to make it to a meet as well. We can carpool. I don't mind driving, I grew up in Southern California so this town doesn't scare me! LOL

16. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Excellent! Thanks! I have an 8 year old boy, Zach, and a 5 year old girl, Sarah. If you view my profile there's a pic of them and me.

What part of Southern Cal? I'm from the Santa Barbara area. A little town nobody has ever heard of called Lompoc.

Please let me know when the meet up will be. So far I've only tried some simple recipes using one flavor (Chocolate Hazelnut has been the best so far..but the apple, blackberry, and tropical punch turned out good...the Pina Colada I actually dumped out haha), but I want to branch out and get more creative. :)

17. Neo

uh oh....I feel something coming on after looking at those pictures

I can't hold back...

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so cute!

18. Hellen A. Handbasket

Hellen A. Handbasket Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

19. Arizona Dad

Supporting member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    Desrtrat,
    Lompoc? Are you kidding? My wife and I spent several days there years ago (before she passed). The flower fields were absolutely beautiful, and we had one of most treasured meals at Pea Soup Andersons. Not to mention HOURS spent in Solvang (nearby). Truly God's Country. Thanks for rekindling some old memories.

The kids? Cute as a bug's ear. Cherish them while they're young. They grow up SO fast.

20. desrtrat

May 21, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Neo!! It keeps them alive sometimes if you know what I mean hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.