• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

PTB (Pyramid Tea Bag) Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona Dad

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Southern Arizona
Seems to me I saw a post about PTB bags in the Arizona posts. It stated that the tea bags could be bought at WalMart in Phoenix. I've tried to find them at our local WalMart without success. Also tried Fry's and Safeway. No luck. And in our small town, these are my only alternatives. My question is... IF they are available in Phoenix, is there anyone who would be willing to buy them and ship them to me? I would be more than willing to pay the cost of the bags, plus tax, plus any shipping charges, and something extra for your time and effort. If it can be done, I'll PM my name and address. Thanks Found PTB carts at Cignot. Please disregard

Last edited:

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
I think the difficulty depends on your fingers and dexterity probably.

The shredding/cutting makes the filling "puffier" for lack of a better word. It makes the PTB expand to fit into the cart more fully.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/33274-shredded-ptb.html

The instructions seem more convoluted than it really is. I found it doesn't need to be as exact as described. Just make a few slits with tiny scissors (like embroidery scissors). You don't need to cut all the way down to the bottom even.

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Well first I wish I had seen this a little sooner this week. I was just in Tucson for a conference and would have brought some down for you. Second, I know the PTB's are hard to find sometimes. I had to look for them twice. I found them up by the smaller boxes of tea. You are looking for Lipton Tea Bag. There is about 4 different flavors of tea. I have seen them at Frys and Safeway. I have not looked at Walmart.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think the difficulty depends on your fingers and dexterity probably.

The shredding/cutting makes the filling "puffier" for lack of a better word. It makes the PTB expand to fit into the cart more fully.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/33274-shredded-ptb.html

The instructions seem more convoluted than it really is. I found it doesn't need to be as exact as described. Just make a few slits with tiny scissors (like embroidery scissors). You don't need to cut all the way down to the bottom even.

Thanks for the heads up on this one! I tried it and it's awesome! Every hit is as good as the first one. You're just a wealth of info Neo! Glad you joined the group!

Arizona Dad

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Southern Arizona
Thanks guys. I really do appreciate it. Would you believe...After reading your posts, I happened to look up on the topmost shelf at Safeway and found the little buggers. I couldn't wait to get home and try that shredding method. WOW!!! Neo, you're absolutely right; I'll never go back to the filler that carts come with. I was amazed at the amount of vapor and how long the cartridge lasted. Time to get the tweezers out and remove that cruddy material and modify every one of my carts. Dsrtrat and Martin...thanks for the offer.:thumbs:

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
That sounds like it might be fun. Any one else, especially on the East Side, interested?

I'd love to go to the Phx meet but I'm going to have to be up for that drive. I hate driving in this town anymore.

If it's on a weeknight.. I'd be interested if you don't mind, although next week I'll be out of town.

desrtrat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Desert... of course you can come! How old are your kiddos???

Neo, one of these days I'd like to make it to a meet as well. We can carpool. I don't mind driving, I grew up in Southern California so this town doesn't scare me! LOL

Excellent! Thanks! I have an 8 year old boy, Zach, and a 5 year old girl, Sarah. If you view my profile there's a pic of them and me.

What part of Southern Cal? I'm from the Santa Barbara area. A little town nobody has ever heard of called Lompoc.

Please let me know when the meet up will be. So far I've only tried some simple recipes using one flavor (Chocolate Hazelnut has been the best so far..but the apple, blackberry, and tropical punch turned out good...the Pina Colada I actually dumped out haha), but I want to branch out and get more creative. :)

Arizona Dad

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Southern Arizona
Desrtrat,
Lompoc? Are you kidding? My wife and I spent several days there years ago (before she passed). The flower fields were absolutely beautiful, and we had one of most treasured meals at Pea Soup Andersons. Not to mention HOURS spent in Solvang (nearby). Truly God's Country. Thanks for rekindling some old memories.

The kids? Cute as a bug's ear. Cherish them while they're young. They grow up SO fast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread