Pulse squonk mod from Tony B & Vandy Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

_pierced_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Pittsburgh
Managed to snag a red Pulse for $20 during a doorbuster type sale. Plan on pairing with the Pulse 24. My first Mech. Plan on going slow with it.
Wonder how many they actually had? They messaged me so I'm hoping they can help me out. Was kinda bummed over that situation lol

Reactions: jfcooley

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Managed to snag a red Pulse for $20 during a doorbuster type sale. Plan on pairing with the Pulse 24. My first Mech. Plan on going slow with it.
congrats! the pulse was my first mech too and you are in the right place to get a lot of helpful info and advice.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
congrats! the pulse was my first mech too and you are in the right place to get a lot of helpful info and advice.
Well my head hurts from the reading and re-reading about mech & safety. When it gets here will be easier. Visualizing over doing has never been my strong suit.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Well my head hurts from the reading and re-reading about mech & safety. When it gets here will be easier. Visualizing over doing has never been my strong suit.

I did the same thing. I went into it completely blind and didn't understand ohms law or battery safety but after watching a lot of vids, reading a lot of posts and asking questions on here I was pretty prepared once my Pulse arrived. The best advice I recall getting was test the build after you install it, after you wick it and after you've put the cap on. And recheck the screws.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK

All you need to worry about with that mod is that you do not build lower than your battery’s capability. It really is that simple. It’s when you get into faux hybrid mods where you have other elements to consider.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I never get deals like this - must be a bad shopper. :(
I'm going to be honest, it was more a "Get a deal" than "Get a Pulse".
I had an account already, just happened to log in at 10, by 10:01 I had it.

Last edited:
Reactions: gpjoe

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Hey guys

I've noticed an issue with my squonk mod.

Even when the safety switch is in the disconnected position the mod still fires the tank!

Anyine else having this issue?

Sent from my SM-G9550 using Tapatalk

Completely disconnected? I just checked and mine carried current if it was disconnected but still barely touching. The only way that I could tell that it was making contact was there was very small wisp of vapor coming from my rda. I separated it completely but still close enough so that i couldn't slide a bit of paper between the contacts and got nothing

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Completely disconnected? I just checked and mine carried current if it was disconnected but still barely touching. The only way that I could tell that it was making contact was there was very small wisp of vapor coming from my rda. I separated it completely but still close enough so that i couldn't slide a bit of paper between the contacts and got nothing
Yeah... Completely disconnected. Throughout the full range of movement of the switch. Weird.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Those are impossible to find at present. But, you can get a re-wrap of it by VapCell. According to Mooch's testing, it's a Sanyo 20700A rewrap.

Mooch's test results: Bench Test Results: Vapcell Gold 30A 3200mAh 20700…accurately rated, a Sanyo NCR20700A rewrap!

Only place that I know if that carries the VapCell is Eciggity: VapCell NCR 20700 3200mAh 30A Battery

Or you can get tear apart these and then remove the
Those are impossible to find at present. But, you can get a re-wrap of it by VapCell. According to Mooch's testing, it's a Sanyo 20700A rewrap.

Mooch's test results: Bench Test Results: Vapcell Gold 30A 3200mAh 20700…accurately rated, a Sanyo NCR20700A rewrap!

Only place that I know if that carries the VapCell is Eciggity: VapCell NCR 20700 3200mAh 30A Battery

Damn. At that price it's almost worth it to buy a two pack of the DeWalt 20v 6.0ah batteries and try to seperate them. There's 10 per pack. Close to half the price Eciggity is charging. Of course I'd end up blowing myself up so I won't be attempting it.

Shop DEWALT 2-Pack 20-Volt 6-Amp-Hours Lithium Power Tool Battery Kit at Lowes.com

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

These are comparable, and Mooch rated them very highly too, and the price is very good:

VAPPOWER 20700 3000mAh Battery

Reactions: hazozita

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Hey guys

I've noticed an issue with my squonk mod.

Even when the safety switch is in the disconnected position the mod still fires the tank!

Anyine else having this issue?

Sent from my SM-G9550 using Tapatalk

Can you post a pic of it with the switch in the disconnected position? That may help troubleshoot your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread