Not open for further replies.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
After a couple of days using this little gem I say that so far I am very impressed. It's my first mech so I have nothing to compare it to in that regard but I love the size and performance compared to my Dripbox 160. I wasn't sure about the super soft bottle at first but I'm getting used to it. Not sure that I'll get any 20700s as I'm pleased with the way that the VTC5As are performing.

Reactions: markfm

MidniteMarauder

Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Indiana, USA
My Pulse mod and Pulse 24 arrived on Saturday as expected. I initially built the 24 with a 3.5mm single coil at .4 and it was just to airy with a single coil for my taste. Next I built Dual Coil coming out to .23. Having no 20700 batteries, I am using 25Rs and the ramp up time for a dual coil is not something I wanted to wait for.

So I swapped the 24 with the 22 on my Inbox and with the 22 I am getting exactly what I want for performance. The Gorge will more than likely end up on the pulse, but for now I am enjoying it.

The mod is great. Well built and good to go out of the box. Much better than any squonk I have that is comparable in price. I think another one is in my future. I wish the would come out with orange doors. I have a black and orange drip tip that I want to use :thumbs:

26260386969_baf14d97c9_z.jpg
Try dyeing the white. Use rit clothing dye and some heat. Since it's a nylon mix it might work.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

ccbflo

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
So...my pico squeeze (first squonker ever) died this past weekend, fires non stop (so much for safety regulated). Picked up the Pulse mod today at my local vape shop (Wet Vapes) and I am loving it, paired it with my Pulse 22 atty. Since I got the squeeze I've been enamored with squonking and I was so very disappointed when it died. I went right online and saw wet vapes just added it to stock, so ran over there first chance I had today. happy, happy!!

internazionale

Jun 5, 2014
Jakarta
So...my pico squeeze (first squonker ever) died this past weekend, fires non stop (so much for safety regulated). Picked up the Pulse mod today at my local vape shop (Wet Vapes) and I am loving it, paired it with my Pulse 22 atty. Since I got the squeeze I've been enamored with squonking and I was so very disappointed when it died. I went right online and saw wet vapes just added it to stock, so ran over there first chance I had today. happy, happy!!
What build on the 22? Iam using fused Clapton 0.58 on the 22 but somehow was slow to ramp up, maybe I should built it lower?

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
I'm really happy with the pulse bf. This one will be sticking around and I probably will buy another one. I'm not a fan of silicone bottles,but don't have a problem with this one. Will order some 20700's tomorow. Got my Hadaly on it with my diy banana cream custard and I'm happy as a pig in sh#t!
0debb5852da91f855bfc605d8bfcbc0f.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
So after a few different RDA's on the Pulse, I went back to the Pulse 24 with a simple dual coil round wire SS build coming out to .23 ohms. I think the first build I had in the 24 was set a bit to high in the RDA (with the 22 the build has to be higher then you would think to get good flavor). Now I am really liking this pairing.

Now I need to find a drip tip to match the color of the blue doors :thumbs:

38161685071_1f58f93b2b_z.jpg

37451840544_4445cfc39a_z.jpg

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Mine seems to hit pretty good - better than my Reos, but that's not really a fair comparison as I'm using much smaller RDAs with single-wire coils on my Grands. The only other mod I have that compares is a Boxer BF clone, and the Pulse hits just as well as that.

Liking the Pulse so far with a couple of very minor quibbles: It's difficult for me to unscrew the bottle to refill - not a lot of room to work. Second, I'm a button-masher so the mushy button doesn't really work for me and I don't like that the button must be pushed in past the bezel to fire. I wish it would protrude a bit and bottom out sooner when fired - not hating it, just not my favorite button.

Having said that, I love the the size, shape, weight, aesthetics, and the way it vapes, and already considering a backup. Can't really go wrong for 35 bucks.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Got mine in today, like it a lot [emoji5]

I prefer the predator mech button ( a very short throw, light press), but the pulse is fine.

A silicone 510 squonk refill bottle should be mandatory for it, makes refilling trivial. I'm using a yftk for that right now, have one of the Therion refill bottles on the way. ($7 - $8; Therion has an insulator on the 510, though I've been happy with the yftk).

teyres

May 28, 2015
Just a quick question, do these 20700 squonk boxes kind of hit the same? first i was rocking the 11:11 in 20700 mode with 0.12 coil and it is my perfect vape.
bought the boxer 20700 squonk and the performance was sub par as fuq to say the least. anyway I bought the pulse just to see if it was any better and it is, but not by a whole lot.

is it fair to say that your never going to get the same kick from a squonker box than you do from a mechanical hybrid tube?

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Just a quick question, do these 20700 squonk boxes kind of hit the same? first i was rocking the 11:11 in 20700 mode with 0.12 coil and it is my perfect vape.
bought the boxer 20700 squonk and the performance was sub par as fuq to say the least. anyway I bought the pulse just to see if it was any better and it is, but not by a whole lot.

is it fair to say that your never going to get the same kick from a squonker box than you do from a mechanical hybrid tube?

No I don’t think that’s true at all. In fact, I have a Mojo and a Beehive which hit the same if not better than any of my mech tube mods (and I have a lot of those). The 11:11 is a very good and efficient design, but I doubt you’d get such a great performance out of it that could not be replicated in a squonker.

Reactions: teyres

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

Ooops - misread the question. Nevertmind :)

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Got mine in today, like it a lot [emoji5]

I prefer the predator mech button ( a very short throw, light press), but the pulse is fine.

A silicone 510 squonk refill bottle should be mandatory for it, makes refilling trivial. I'm using a yftk for that right now, have one of the Therion refill bottles on the way. ($7 - $8; Therion has an insulator on the 510, though I've been happy with the yftk).

I have a refill bottle somewhere but never use it because I don't want to remove the RDA to fill. With all my other squonkers it's easy to just remove the bottle to fill, but I may try the refill bottle with the Pulse.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I have a refill bottle somewhere but never use it because I don't want to remove the RDA to fill. With all my other squonkers it's easy to just remove the bottle to fill, but I may try the refill bottle with the Pulse.

I have never understood these filler bottles. I don’t get how removing the rda and attaching another bottle is easier than removing the bottle directly to fill. Can anyone shed some light?

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I have never understood these filler bottles. I don’t get how removing the rda and attaching another bottle is easier than removing the bottle directly to fill. Can anyone shed some light?

I do not think it is easier, but it may be less messy. I dont think I have a squonker where I didnt need some vaper towels to wipe up after filling. I always manage to spill a drop or two when taking the bottle out/putting it back in.

The filler bottles keep that from happening.

Reactions: markfm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread