Pulse squonk mod from Tony B & Vandy Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Ludvik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Ocala, Florida, United States
I ordered one on Xmas after using different tanks for the past few years. It's my first squonker and I love it. Love the pulse 24 rda the kit came with too. My only regret is giving away all my coil building stuff years ago.

Once you have a battery in it, it feels solid. Button has worked flawlessly so far. It is a box, but it's small enough to feel comfortable in the hand.

Overall I'm very pleased and will be recommending this mod and squonking in general to my friends.

So I've had this box for about a month, and I'm absolutely loving it. My one gripe with it is that it freaking shreds my 20700 wraps. We're not talking one little knick either, this iJoy that I've been using has got scratches all over the negative contact and where the wrap faces the locking switch.

Other than that a fantastic mod, just something to be aware of.

Rob.Gee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Montana
Hello everyone. I've got a pulse kit on its way and I was wondering if I could get some advice on what coils to use in the pulse 24 rda. Ive just been building on a much smaller rda for a few years. I'm looking for some simple coil builds to use with 20 amp batteries such as the AW and Samsung 25rs. I'm not a fan of Clapton coils or anything like that but I'm not against the different wire types. If you've got something and feel like sharing let me know!

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
On a 20amp battery I'd say keep it at around .2ohms. You could use 22ga kanthal at 3mm id 7wraps. Or 24 nichrome 80 3.5mm id 8 wraps. With round wire the ramp up should not be too bad. Hope this helps.
Steam Engine | free vaping calculators ...can help with your ohms law and all your coil wrapping problems

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
.2 ohms sounds insane. But then again I learned about ohms and battery safety a long time ago. 20% headroom and what not. Any way I'll probably try a single coil in the .3 - .4 rand. Thanks for the ideas.
That's the range I've been using my Dead Rabbit in lately on top of my Pulse. It gives me a pretty satisfying vape in single coil but not quite as warm as I prefer. If you are looking for a single coil RDA that can be picked up cheap I encourage you to try the Wasp Nano. I just got one and with a comparable build I have to say that it flat out kills my Dead Rabbit as far as flavor and vapor quality. There's something to be said for RDAs that are designed for single coils.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Has anyone had leaking problems with the bottle? Mines leaks sometimes.
I've noticed that mine will occasionally spit some liquid out from where the metal band and the silicone are joined. It's not something that happens often and I haven't figured out what causes it. I ordered a spare bottle in a different color and I have the same issue.

• Agree
Reactions: B Chon

iVape524

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2017
90FBF875-1FEC-40AF-8C86-3E07B8818723.jpeg
My first mech. I was at a new local shop and just knew if I stepped in there I’d be walking out with something. I was between the ijoy capo squonk or the pulse kit. What made the decision for me was the pulse 24. I’ve heard pretty good things about it and knew if I ditched the mod I’d like the RDA at least. Currently rocking a Clapton build around .24 on a Samsung 25r. It’s a pretty different hit to be honest. I’ll be playing with it I’m sure. I do like the deck on the pulse 24 though

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
That's the range I've been using my Dead Rabbit in lately on top of my Pulse. It gives me a pretty satisfying vape in single coil but not quite as warm as I prefer. If you are looking for a single coil RDA that can be picked up cheap I encourage you to try the Wasp Nano. I just got one and with a comparable build I have to say that it flat out kills my Dead Rabbit as far as flavor and vapor quality. There's something to be said for RDAs that are designed for single coils.

Yeah, I have two Wasp Nanos and they are great single-coil RDAs. I also use a Pulse 22, but wish it had a lower profile. Seems a touch too big inside to give a nice warm vape with a single coil. Been using a stainless steel clapton, but still looking for a bit more warmth.

Another that really surprised me is the Wotofo Serpent BF RDA. Running it on another Pulse mod with dual 24ga Kanthal coils and it is just about the perfect combination of flavor and warmth. The single wire coils heat up fast and the battery lastsd longer than the single SS clapton in the Pulse 22.

View attachment 716515 My first mech. I was at a new local shop and just knew if I stepped in there I’d be walking out with something. I was between the ijoy capo squonk or the pulse kit. What made the decision for me was the pulse 24. I’ve heard pretty good things about it and knew if I ditched the mod I’d like the RDA at least. Currently rocking a Clapton build around .24 on a Samsung 25r. It’s a pretty different hit to be honest. I’ll be playing with it I’m sure. I do like the deck on the pulse 24 though
I used to use claptons on a regulated but I can't seem to get a great hit with them on a single batt mech. I switched to N80 squared for around .24 ohms and it's a great vape for me. Just fiddle around with different builds and wire types. Nichrome is great cuz it heats up nice and quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread