The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pulse squonk mod from Tony B & Vandy Vape

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by hazozita, Sep 8, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Adrian Ludvik

Adrian Ludvik Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I ordered one on Xmas after using different tanks for the past few years. It's my first squonker and I love it. Love the pulse 24 rda the kit came with too. My only regret is giving away all my coil building stuff years ago.

Once you have a battery in it, it feels solid. Button has worked flawlessly so far. It is a box, but it's small enough to feel comfortable in the hand.

Overall I'm very pleased and will be recommending this mod and squonking in general to my friends.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. B Chon

B Chon Full Member

So I've had this box for about a month, and I'm absolutely loving it. My one gripe with it is that it freaking shreds my 20700 wraps. We're not talking one little knick either, this iJoy that I've been using has got scratches all over the negative contact and where the wrap faces the locking switch.

Other than that a fantastic mod, just something to be aware of.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Tmebs

Tmebs Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    I've not used it much, I am searching for a single coil rda for it.
    But the Vapcell batts I purchased slide right in and out.
    They don't like the charger as much tho.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. gertan72

gertan72 Full Member Verified Member

Feb 7, 2013
    İstanbul - TÜRKİYE
    black pulse :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  5. brianc11111

brianc11111 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    cincinnati
    I did a Morten Oen trick with the Pulse today. Two 18350's in series on a .9ohm on a single coil build. Great vape!!
    Better than a .16ohm build with an 18650 in it. Battery does not get warm. What I like alot is that the 18350's re-charge really quick.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob.Gee

Rob.Gee Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2014
    Montana
    Hello everyone. I've got a pulse kit on its way and I was wondering if I could get some advice on what coils to use in the pulse 24 rda. Ive just been building on a much smaller rda for a few years. I'm looking for some simple coil builds to use with 20 amp batteries such as the AW and Samsung 25rs. I'm not a fan of Clapton coils or anything like that but I'm not against the different wire types. If you've got something and feel like sharing let me know!

• Like Like x 1
  7. brianc11111

Mar 30, 2014
    cincinnati
    On a 20amp battery I'd say keep it at around .2ohms. You could use 22ga kanthal at 3mm id 7wraps. Or 24 nichrome 80 3.5mm id 8 wraps. With round wire the ramp up should not be too bad. Hope this helps.
    Steam Engine | free vaping calculators ...can help with your ohms law and all your coil wrapping problems

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. brianc11111

Mar 30, 2014
    cincinnati
    or a single coil at around .3-.4

9. Rob.Gee

Rob.Gee Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2014
    Montana
    .2 ohms sounds insane. But then again I learned about ohms and battery safety a long time ago. 20% headroom and what not. Any way I'll probably try a single coil in the .3 - .4 rand. Thanks for the ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Walter Sobchak is short for Randy Verified Member

Supporting member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Lebanon, Indiana
    That's the range I've been using my Dead Rabbit in lately on top of my Pulse. It gives me a pretty satisfying vape in single coil but not quite as warm as I prefer. If you are looking for a single coil RDA that can be picked up cheap I encourage you to try the Wasp Nano. I just got one and with a comparable build I have to say that it flat out kills my Dead Rabbit as far as flavor and vapor quality. There's something to be said for RDAs that are designed for single coils.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Scy123

Scy123 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2014
    Canada
    Has anyone had leaking problems with the bottle? Mines leaks sometimes.

12. Tmebs

Tmebs Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    I finally ordered the B2k Caviar. So my Pulse has been sitting un used. I'm hoping to have it soon and start to find a build that suits me single coil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Walter_Sobchak

Supporting member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Lebanon, Indiana
    I've noticed that mine will occasionally spit some liquid out from where the metal band and the silicone are joined. It's not something that happens often and I haven't figured out what causes it. I ordered a spare bottle in a different color and I have the same issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Scy123

Scy123 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2014
    Canada
    The cap does seal tight enough with the silicone. You can screw it all the way down but it bottoms out before making a tight seal. I had to add an o-ring to the cap to stop it from leaking.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. internazionale

internazionale Full Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Jakarta
    Any good replacement bottle for this mod?

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

16. Walter_Sobchak

Supporting member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Vandy Vape makes several different colors of the existing bottles but I haven't run across any other bottles that are the same size

17. iVape524

iVape524 Full Member Verified Member

Jan 26, 2017
    90FBF875-1FEC-40AF-8C86-3E07B8818723.jpeg My first mech. I was at a new local shop and just knew if I stepped in there I’d be walking out with something. I was between the ijoy capo squonk or the pulse kit. What made the decision for me was the pulse 24. I’ve heard pretty good things about it and knew if I ditched the mod I’d like the RDA at least. Currently rocking a Clapton build around .24 on a Samsung 25r. It’s a pretty different hit to be honest. I’ll be playing with it I’m sure. I do like the deck on the pulse 24 though

• Like Like x 3
  18. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    Yeah, I have two Wasp Nanos and they are great single-coil RDAs. I also use a Pulse 22, but wish it had a lower profile. Seems a touch too big inside to give a nice warm vape with a single coil. Been using a stainless steel clapton, but still looking for a bit more warmth.

Another that really surprised me is the Wotofo Serpent BF RDA. Running it on another Pulse mod with dual 24ga Kanthal coils and it is just about the perfect combination of flavor and warmth. The single wire coils heat up fast and the battery lastsd longer than the single SS clapton in the Pulse 22.

• Useful Useful x 2
  19. B Chon

B Chon Full Member

I used to use claptons on a regulated but I can't seem to get a great hit with them on a single batt mech. I switched to N80 squared for around .24 ohms and it's a great vape for me. Just fiddle around with different builds and wire types. Nichrome is great cuz it heats up nice and quick.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    First pics of the regulated version of the Pulse are out. No details, but it appears to be a single battery (hopefully 20/21700) 80w box. Looking forward to more details, but probably nothing will be available until after CNY.

pul2.JPG

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1