Pulse squonk mod from Tony B & Vandy Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

iVape524

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2017
I used to use claptons on a regulated but I can't seem to get a great hit with them on a single batt mech. I switched to N80 squared for around .24 ohms and it's a great vape for me. Just fiddle around with different builds and wire types. Nichrome is great cuz it heats up nice and quick.

I ended up ditching the dual coil build I had in there for a premade single parallel coil also around .25 and it’s a lot better for ramp up but the Vape is still not as warm as I’d like. Being new to mechanical mods I’m not trying to build lower than that especially on the 25r I have in there. I know there are factors like voltage drop and all that jazz but honestly I’d rather find a build I enjoy around 0.25 or maybe try a single coil RDA like the pulse 22, wasp nano, or the dead rabbit sq.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I wish I would have seen that before I ordered the 2 x rsq yesterday but I am sure I will end up with a couple regardless. The promise of that pulse regulated box should at least stop me from ordering other regulated squonks for a month or two...
Yeah I just picked up a 'backup' RSQ as well and was considering a Luxonic. In all honesty, I just need to wait for the regulated Pulse and see what the reviews are like before buying something else. Would prefer regulated over a mech or unregulated at this point, and I'm thinking this could be a winner with the Gene chip.

Very excited about the regulated Pulse. 2018 may be a good year for the squonk crowd.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Vandyvape saw ijoy crash and burn, I doubt they want to recreate a similar experience for themselves.
A good pulse regulated could destroy ijoys last hopes of ever selling their rest stock all while making them look like amateurs ;)
But yeah, I hope they'll pay a serious reviewer to jump the queue right to the front so we don't have to wait that friggen long :mad:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Showed the Wife. She was not impressed. I want one.
I want a couple of them, lol. Not showing or telling the other half. Mine will just show up in the mailbox. :thumb:

Good thing is, I can vape pretty much anything and there's no clue that it's a different device.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Another preview from Tony B. Stuff on the Pulse starts a little past the 22 min mark. He shows off the potential panels and talks about the new design for the bottle (but does not show it). Supposedly, the bottle is designed so that it's easy to take out/put in without having any juice come out of the tube.

Unfortunately, the video quality is rather poor since he shot it on his phone as an off-the-cuff type of show.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Stahp showing it off and start selling :mad:
We're dying over here :cry:

Inb4 1st batch 100pc :lol:
Keeping my eye out for the first arrival at US vendors. I don't mind being a test rat. :cool:

I don't currently use TC, but I love the GENE chip, so really looking forward to this.

There were a few other unregulated squonks I've been eyeing, but I'm holding off on buying anything else until this is released.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
Love my Inbox, but this would be a great carry around. Use a Pico Squeeze for that now, but prefer regulated.

I live in a town where the B&M Vape Shops do not even know what a Squonk is, I’m not kidding. I do wish I coul see and hold one before buying, but will have to take a chance. In the video above Tony shows it to be just a little bigger than the mech Pulse. Should be good for me.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I want a couple of them, lol.
ditto

Love my Inbox, but this would be a great carry around. Use a Pico Squeeze for that now, but prefer regulated.

I live in a town where the B&M Vape Shops do not even know what a Squonk is, I’m not kidding. I do wish I coul see and hold one before buying, but will have to take a chance. In the video above Tony shows it to be just a little bigger than the mech Pulse. Should be good for me.

I really need a couple squeezes for banger mods. I got em in my FT cart, just waiting to pull the trigger when I can better afford it as I already spent a few hundred the past month or two on RSQ's and RDA's.

A couple of my local shops finally started stocking a few squonks but the pickings are slim.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
ditto

I really need a couple squeezes for banger mods. I got em in my FT cart, just waiting to pull the trigger when I can better afford it as I already spent a few hundred the past month or two on RSQ's and RDA's.
Yep, I picked up a pair of squeezes from FT last time I ordered too. Figure they will be great beaters for the price.

Left them on my wishlist and plan on picking up 1-2 more of them next time I order. For $16 and some change, can't beat it.

I did the same thing, and picked up two RSQs. If I had known the regulated Pulse was going to be coming out this soon, I probably wouldn't have gotten the second one and would have just waited on the Pulse.

I was kind of hoping the new Pulse would use the same bottles as the current one so I could use them in either mod. Since they have redesigned the bottle, hoping it's a worthwhile difference. I hate not having backup bottles and will now have to hunt for new spares for the regulated Pulse once it's available. :)

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Not sure if you know, but the original Pulse bottles will fit the RSQ.
Yeah, thanks, I recall you posting that before. I tried them after seeing the previous post (think it was yours). They fit fine for me, but the edge of the cap was a little tight against my battery wrap. Would definitely work though.

Gotta love all the info posted in these threads. :thumb:

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO
I want a couple of them, lol. Not showing or telling the other half. Mine will just show up in the mailbox. :thumb:

Good thing is, I can vape pretty much anything and there's no clue that it's a different device.
I save the just show up one for my other hobby Amateur Radio/ CB those are the Expensive ones.

Reactions: score69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread