Not open for further replies.

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Please pardon my ignorance on this as I'm somewhat new to vaping and am still trying to figure out mec
Very interesting.

I thought the mod operated like a lot of the other plastic (and 3D printer) squonkers and clones like the Boxer, Frankenskull, and Floris mods - where the switch is not part of the circuit and doesn't carry any current. Looks like the switch in the Pulse mod is indeed in the circuit and subject to the full brunt of whatever current is drawn by the atty.

Actually, I am surprised by the design and the lack of a mosfet, which are commonly used to the do the heavy lifting and prevent the switch contacts from cooking. The Pulse mod must be using the mother-of-all switches.

Kind of takes the shine off this one... at least a little bit...but we'll see.
Please forgive my ignorance in advance but what is everyone's concern with the switch on the Pulse mod? I've been considering one to replace my Dripbox 160. I love squonking but I want something smaller and I have been doing a lot of research on mechs over the past few weeks and I think I have pretty good grasp on battery safety and how to build safely. What am I missing when it comes to the switch on the Pulse? Btw, if you folks can recommend a better way for me to begin with mechs please advise.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Please pardon my ignorance on this as I'm somewhat new to vaping and am still trying to figure out mec

Please forgive my ignorance in advance but what is everyone's concern with the switch on the Pulse mod? I've been considering one to replace my Dripbox 160. I love squonking but I want something smaller and I have been doing a lot of research on mechs over the past few weeks and I think I have pretty good grasp on battery safety and how to build safely. What am I missing when it comes to the switch on the Pulse? Btw, if you folks can recommend a better way for me to begin with mechs please advise.

I believe all of the concern over the switch was coming from a bad translation from Vandy Vape on the testing and rating they had on the switch. Some sites had it listed as a 40 amp switch, implying that there was some sort of protection, which there is not.

Tony addresses it in his Preview video. If you do not want to watch the entire thing, skip to about 8 min, 50 sec. that is when he starts to talk about the switch.

VandyVape Pulse BF Mod Preview

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
I believe all of the concern over the switch was coming from a bad translation from Vandy Vape on the testing and rating they had on the switch. Some sites had it listed as a 40 amp switch, implying that there was some sort of protection, which there is not.

Tony addresses it in his Preview video. If you do not want to watch the entire thing, skip to about 8 min, 50 sec. that is when he starts to talk about the switch.

Thank you

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
This thing looks like a winner as an affordable knockabout mod. Looking forward to reading how the first impressions are. Will definitely be getting one once they are an in stock item. I hope that the bottles are available separately as well, I really like the way they engineered that cap system.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
This thing looks like a winner as an affordable knockabout mod. Looking forward to reading how the first impressions are. Will definitely be getting one once they are an in stock item. I hope that the bottles are available separately as well, I really like the way they engineered that cap system.

The bottles are available separately. I ordered a 2nd one when I pre-ordered from Brad's Vapor. They are $5 and they have all the colors.

Pulse 8 ML Food Grade Silicone Bottle

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The pulse bf mod won’t accept 21700 batteries which I just found out in comments of the latest review done by vaportrails.
    I would be very surprised if this were true.
    I don't take YT comments too seriously.
    The 20700 is actually a better battery, according to Mooch.

Here is a comment on that video that makes me...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    upload_2017-10-12_19-36-4.jpeg

Last edited:

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I would be very surprised if this were true.
    I don't take YT comments too seriously.
    The 20700 is actually a better battery, according to Mooch.

Here is a comment on that video that makes me...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    View attachment 692557

Unfortunately it is true unless the Tony,person who helped design pulse,flat out lied in his direct reply to a question asked if whe 21700 would fit.
    I watch many of his videos and I can’t see any hints of him not knowing what he’s talking about or lying about technical data on mods.In fact answering in writing direct is very honest and informative.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016

He also replies to 40amp and other misunderstanding in comments when a person asks 4 technical questions about Pulse in that video also.
    It was tested using a 40amp load,intelligent fire button was a mistake from Chinese translation,21700 won’t fit because they weren’t available when mold was made,and I forgot the other.Something about soft bottles and leaks??but don’t quote me on that last one.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Unfortunately it is true unless the Tony,person who helped design pulse,flat out lied in his direct reply to a question asked if whe 21700 would fit.
    I watch many of his videos and I can’t see any hints of him not knowing what he’s talking about or lying about technical data on mods.In fact answering in writing direct is very honest and informative.
    Yes, I see looking at product descriptions, it only lists 18650 or 20700.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread