The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pulse v2 muted flavor

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Worf115, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Worf115

Worf115 Full Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Hi everyone,
    I’m new to rdas . I’m using a pulse v2 rda on a pulse squonker. I built for the first time last week and rewicked it today and I’ve noticed since then the flavor seems muted (using smax pony on acid) so I rewicked (cotton bacon) a second time and tried pulling the coils up a little since I thought maybe not enough air flowing under coil . helped a little but not a bunch. Coil reading at 0.34 ohm , 6wrap ni80 at 40 watts .any advice appreciated!! 989DF1A7-1F40-4274-98F8-CFDEBC73A599.jpeg CE97F54D-2017-44FE-9BAC-E0C5DB268A72.jpeg CD2CBF53-F51A-4696-8F40-C13142F22739.jpeg

2. Tonee N

Tonee N Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    I always had muted flavor from Cotton Bacon, switched to Muji and been fine ever since.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Try centering the coil in the deck so you get even airflow over the coil. In the pictures it looks like the coil is off to one side.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. greek mule

greek mule Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    Perhaps too much cotton.Must be not too loose not too tight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I don’t have this RDA but when I’m having flavor muting I need to raise the coils to get more airflow under the coils.

Have you watched YT reviews and where the reviewers are positioning the coils and how they’re wicking it?

6. Rex Everything

Rex Everything Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2014
    Tacoma
    Its a big chambered atty that isnt really designed to be usedin single coil mod.....just because you can doesn't mean you should....the air flow is to far away, just a bunch of open space that is gonna dilute flavor. Maybe try a bigger diameter coil to take up some of that wasted space

• Like Like x 1
  7. Worf115

Worf115 Full Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Thanks for all the responses , so I recentered the coil and raised it helped a little . Will try a build with dual coils and see if that helps the flavor

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    If you try a larger id single coil then I’d suggest at least a 4.0mm or even 4.5mm. That’s the size id that DJLs and other builders recommend when using a single coil configuration in a RBA that is designed for both options.

Would love to hear back on how well or what solution you hopefully found.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Even when you have been vaping a while you can learn things here ... I prefer single coils and smaller atties, but I do have a couple of larger ones around that I don't use because they don't offer a lot of flavour.

So a big thanks to Fidola13 for the suggestion of making bigger coils.

I don't know why but I've never thought of that, I've just always used 2mm.

I'll certainly try this and hope it helps out Worf115.

10. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    The Pulse V2 has 3 different Air Control rings that can be swapped out. Are you using the one designed for a single coil that directs the air closer to the coil?

The single coil AFC may be limited in how large of a inner diameter (or even outer diameter if using FAT wire) can be used.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Worf115

Worf115 Full Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Yeah thanks for the suggestions I’m using a 3.0 coil with the single airflow attachment but I feel fidola13 may be right and that a 4 will do the trick gonna try later this week . Another thing is I tried the same juice (smax pony on acid) in my dead rabbit sq and noticed the flavor wasn’t great either think night be the 90/10 juice.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Could be; I always thought that it was PG that carried the flavour and VG that produced the "smoke" effect.

I must admit I stick with the old standard of 50/50, and I am a flavour chaser rather than a cloud chaser.

In your own case, having tried other ways to improve the situation, it could well be worthwhile looking at the juice makeup.

Do keep us posted on how it goes - this is how we all learn.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Worf115

Worf115 Full Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Hey so I raised the coil up just a little bit more and boom there was the flavor funny how just a little bit made such a big difference . Thanks again for all the suggestions

• Like Like x 4
  14. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.