Pulse v2 muted flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worf115

Mar 12, 2019
Hi everyone,
I’m new to rdas . I’m using a pulse v2 rda on a pulse squonker. I built for the first time last week and rewicked it today and I’ve noticed since then the flavor seems muted (using smax pony on acid) so I rewicked (cotton bacon) a second time and tried pulling the coils up a little since I thought maybe not enough air flowing under coil . helped a little but not a bunch. Coil reading at 0.34 ohm , 6wrap ni80 at 40 watts .any advice appreciated!!
989DF1A7-1F40-4274-98F8-CFDEBC73A599.jpeg
CE97F54D-2017-44FE-9BAC-E0C5DB268A72.jpeg
CD2CBF53-F51A-4696-8F40-C13142F22739.jpeg

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Thanks for all the responses , so I recentered the coil and raised it helped a little . Will try a build with dual coils and see if that helps the flavor

If you try a larger id single coil then I’d suggest at least a 4.0mm or even 4.5mm. That’s the size id that DJLs and other builders recommend when using a single coil configuration in a RBA that is designed for both options.

Would love to hear back on how well or what solution you hopefully found.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Even when you have been vaping a while you can learn things here ... I prefer single coils and smaller atties, but I do have a couple of larger ones around that I don't use because they don't offer a lot of flavour.

So a big thanks to Fidola13 for the suggestion of making bigger coils.

I don't know why but I've never thought of that, I've just always used 2mm.

I'll certainly try this and hope it helps out Worf115.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The Pulse V2 has 3 different Air Control rings that can be swapped out. Are you using the one designed for a single coil that directs the air closer to the coil?

The single coil AFC may be limited in how large of a inner diameter (or even outer diameter if using FAT wire) can be used.

Worf115

Mar 12, 2019
Yeah thanks for the suggestions I’m using a 3.0 coil with the single airflow attachment but I feel fidola13 may be right and that a 4 will do the trick gonna try later this week . Another thing is I tried the same juice (smax pony on acid) in my dead rabbit sq and noticed the flavor wasn’t great either think night be the 90/10 juice.

Reactions: Fidola13

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Could be; I always thought that it was PG that carried the flavour and VG that produced the "smoke" effect.

I must admit I stick with the old standard of 50/50, and I am a flavour chaser rather than a cloud chaser.

In your own case, having tried other ways to improve the situation, it could well be worthwhile looking at the juice makeup.

Do keep us posted on how it goes - this is how we all learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread