Puresmoker 555 blend. Bad Batch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
Just opened a fresh bottle of the 555 blend from Puresmoker.
Started to notice a slight change in flavor after topping off my penstyle. New cart and taste got progressively worse. Switched to 901 and same result. Opened second bottle and topped off my stainless 901, same nasty flavor. Opened third bottle and topped off my Dura, same nasty flavor. Three different bottles and three different devices.

Anyone else experience this? Bad batch maybe? Ever order your favorite flavor and get a bad one?

I love the 555 blend but this stuff is just plain nasty. Same strength, same everything but ordered about 2 weeks apart.
Anyone else experience this?

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa
Just opened a fresh bottle of the 555 blend from Puresmoker.
Started to notice a slight change in flavor after topping off my penstyle. New cart and taste got progressively worse. Switched to 901 and same result. Opened second bottle and topped off my stainless 901, same nasty flavor. Opened third bottle and topped off my Dura, same nasty flavor. Three different bottles and three different devices.

Anyone else experience this? Bad batch maybe? Ever order your favorite flavor and get a bad one?

I love the 555 blend but this stuff is just plain nasty. Same strength, same everything but ordered about 2 weeks apart.
Anyone else experience this?
Yesterday I started a bottle of 555 that I got about 2 1/2 weeks from PureSmoker ago and it is fine. Did you just recieve these bottles?
Stephanie

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
Hi Cash,
I do have 1 bottle of zero nic. The 2 bottles of med 555 that were brand new, (unopened) are just god awful. There might be a discrepency with the 0 nic, to be honest, I just can't stand to sample anymore. These 2 bottles are exactly the same as the original, labelling, strength etc. So I'm thinking there are 3 possibilities.

1. The 2 bad bottles of 555 were mislabeled and are actually something else.
2. Some ingredient in the 2 bad bottles (bad batch theory) turned sour. This seems unlikely now, if I'm the only one who has experienced a problem. Which leads me to..
3. I never actually had the true 555 blend. It was something else all along... mislabeled.

I think I must have had at least 3 maybe 4 (?) bottles before opening these today.
If I remember correctly, you may have thrown in 1 or 2 bottles in my first or second purchase... freebies.
I have sampled everything else I have and nothing comes close to the original 555.
I absolutely love this stuff, so I'm hoping it wasn't #3 in the list.

I'm not concerned about the money, sh*t happens, and I appreciate your response.
I plan on ordering more but just one bottle first to verify this was indeed a fluke.

bribri

Moved On
Oct 13, 2008
San Mateo, CA.
my personal opinion is the chinese plant that manufactures all this stuff has consistency issues. I cant quite say a batch of anything I have ordered tasted exactly like it did last time. You also have to realize the hockey stick like upswing in interest of ecigs means growing pains at these chinese plants... They have to make bigger and bigger batches now and figure out the exact ratio of all ingredients... I mean its not rocket science but seeing as how all other products in this industry are reactive i.e. send product out/if broken they will send back / then we fix product. I wouldnt doubt they do it with the juice too. I think all but cash juice, TW, and janes originate from the same chinese plant which may or may not be that central trade company. Notice I said originate...

Last edited:

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
thx bibri,

This is not a subtle flavor change or something you'd expect with a nic level adjustment.

This is fine wine versus septic tank. I realize everyones tastes differ but the same product should be at least recognizable as the same product to the same user.
Could be a simple mislabeling issue. I seem to be the only one with a problem so it doesn't look like it's a batch or factory problem.

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
Cage,

Hmm my guess then, is your assumption on something going sour is right. Remember thats happened before :) Or perhaps do you think they forgot to add an ingredient? Can you better describe the flavor of the septic tank lol?

I think it's just something else... it tastes nothing like the original I'm used to. I tried the french pipe the day before and couldn't believe how bad it was. After switching back, I used the original 555 until it was gone.

As for the taste? I don't know how to describe it... "dry dirty feet" for lack of a better description. Just awful...
ysick.gif

I seem to remember another thread about other liquids not having the same flavor or turning sour, riskee juice I believe it was. That's why I posted... to see if this has happened to other people before, with other liquids.

I just want my original 555 back... :cry:

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
Possible, I guess. I just don't know the process so it's dificult to try and nail down a cause. i have sampled almost all the other flavors from Cash, including riskee and it's definitely not close to anything else. I may have to sample the ones I haven't tried to know for sure. First I want to get one more bottle and verify.
Does this stuff come in large containers and suppliers fill/label the smaller bottles or does it just arrive and get ssent out without any supplier involvement besides shipping/receiving?

My main concern is that the 555 that I started out with is the true 555 and not the other way around. I would buy it by the gallon if I could be sure it was the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread