Question about atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got my riva 510 kit from liberty flights (which is amazing) but my atomizers have (what I assume is) that new atty taste and I'm not sure how to get rid of it.

I know you can clean them with various things, isopropyl alcohol(don't have any), peroxide-I think, boiling water, dry burning, and vodka.

I'm not ready to try to dry burn since I only have 2 atties and don't want to risk popping one. We do have peroxide at the house (just regular otc peroxide), we also have 70 proof vodka but it is smirnoff green apple vodka, so I'm assuming thats not okay to use? I imagine it would leave a build up but I'm not sure.

I've searched but all I can find is about getting off gunk on atties, which mine don't have yet, so I don't need that intense of a cleaning. My problem is I'm not really tasting the flavors of the juice I have since its 1 hit with flavor, then 10 hits with new atty flavor heh.

SO would the green apple vodka be okay to use? Or should I use peroxide? Or should I boil them in water (if so how long)

Thanks in advance, I'm kinda overwhelmed with everything I can find on cleaning atties.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I got my first 510 recently also. No primer in it, but I thought my juices tasted like crap. Might be an adjustment period for you. I think analogues must've tasted pretty crappy first few times also?
    I hardly touched it my first week, and tried another vendor for juices and started to get into it then. I thoght I'd like minty or menthol, turns out I like the sweet stuff. When I went back and tried the original juices they were fine.
    I 've been vaping steadilly for about 2 weeks and haven''t had to clean out the atty. Hopes this helps some.

Bob

Rosa

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 18, 2010
    Beaverton, Oregon!
    did you blow the atomizers out before using them to get the packing liquid out?

after that you can try this (you'll have to sacrifice some juice but it'll probably work), put about 10 drops of your e-juice into the atomizer and let it soak in there for a few minutes or so -- careful as some will likely start dripping out the other side. Then blow that out and drip 4-5 more drops in there and try vaping it off without inhaling for a while. By then you should have used up or rinsed out any primer that's left in there, if you still think it's gross then you probably just don't like the flavor of your ejuice.

You shouldn't need to clean them if they are new, it's really meant to get gunked up old juice out. But if you really want to do it, I recommend just running super-hot tap water through it -- but then you'll have to wait until they're totally dry before you use them if you don't want to dry burn. You can speed up the drying process with a hair dryer though.

KeithB

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Whatever soda you use should be sugar-free. I believe it's the acid in the soda that's supposed to help dissolve the built up. burnt on gunk; sugars contribute to the gunk. FWIW, I agree with Rosa's juice flush suggestion and just suck it up while you get through the unpleasantness. Also, if you're trying out a bunch of different juices one after the other, you'll get some flavor mingling which may taste very good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread