The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question about inner juul battery

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by Navxotwood, Sep 3, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Navxotwood

Navxotwood New Member

Sep 3, 2019
    So basically my juul wasn’t working, and I took the battery out, but a little bit of the battery comes out at the bottom. And I’m not able to push it in all the way. I’m scared that it’ll eventually blow up. Should I separate the battery from the case? Or should I keep it how it is I’m terrified that it’ll blow up. My juul is completely broken because the connectors are pushed all the way in. But it still charges. So I’m scared to throw it out because I don’t want to be responsible for the explosion.

2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    First thing you should do it to Buy a New JUUL (if you like your Old JUUL).

JUUL's aren't meant to be taken apart. So you are Kinda asking for Trouble by doing Surgery on it.

Next you should put your Old Juul in a Zip-Lock Bag. And then see where you can take Old Batteries to be Recycled. If you are in the USA, HomeDepot has and Old Battery Drop-off.

And Welcome to the ECF.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Your device is not safe currently. JUUL along with just about every other internal battery mod uses LiPo bag batteries which are notoriously fragile.
    You need to get rid of it. The question is not whether to but how to.

This depends heavily on your nation of residence. In the USA, Take it to a certified toxic waste recycler. This includes many electronics stores, fire departments, battery stores, and municipal sites. Disposal is generally but not always free.

4. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Drown it and buy another one.

Good idea asking an e-cig forum. Definitely dispose of that one. Preferably properly. Your local city hall should know where the proper facility is in your community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,

Contact Juul for warranty replacement or for advice on safe disposal.

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Navxotwood

Navxotwood New Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Thank you, for now should I just separate the battery from the case of the juul, since it’s not closing all the way I’m scared I might be denting the battery, or I may be damaging it

• Like Like x 1
  7. Navxotwood

Navxotwood New Member

Sep 3, 2019
    What if I were to just throw it in the trash can what would happen?

8. Navxotwood

Navxotwood New Member

Sep 3, 2019
    What if I were to throw it away in a regular trash can what would happen?

9. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Nope. Take the whole darned thing and get rid of it. You could save the pod, but the rest of it is either garbage or dangerous garbage. There are professional centers that can separate the parts safely. It’s their job. Let them do it.

10. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Aside from that you would most likely be breaking the law?
    The problem is the battery contains lithium. Lithium is a flammable metal and it burns HOT. It could conceivably burst when the trash compactor in the garbage truck comes down on it and start a fire for one thing. Or it could survive the trip and moulder away in a garbage dump for years only to start a fire later.
    It’s hazardous waste and needs to be treated as such.

• Like Like x 1
  11. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    You can. Just be sure to put the Battery Cell alone in a Zip-Lock Bag. And Don't put anything else that is Metal in with the Battery Cell.

You did the Right Thing to come here and Ask. It Never Hurts to Ask.

:thumb:

12. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That really Isn't a good Idea.

It could Start a Fire. And Chemicals/Metals leaching into ground water is Never good.

A better one would be seeing if there is a Drop Off Box in a Store near you.

There are Lots of Internet Sites that show where you can drop off a Rechargeable Battery. Here is one of them...

Battery & Cellphone Dropoff Locations | Call2Recycle | United States

• Like Like x 1
  13. faygeleh

faygeleh Full Member

Jul 1, 2018
    i think juul has a pretty good policy of replacing damaged and broken batteries, contact them