Question about inner juul battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navxotwood

Sep 3, 2019
So basically my juul wasn’t working, and I took the battery out, but a little bit of the battery comes out at the bottom. And I’m not able to push it in all the way. I’m scared that it’ll eventually blow up. Should I separate the battery from the case? Or should I keep it how it is I’m terrified that it’ll blow up. My juul is completely broken because the connectors are pushed all the way in. But it still charges. So I’m scared to throw it out because I don’t want to be responsible for the explosion.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So basically my juul wasn’t working, and I took the battery out, but a little bit of the battery comes out at the bottom. And I’m not able to push it in all the way. I’m scared that it’ll eventually blow up. Should I separate the battery from the case? Or should I keep it how it is I’m terrified that it’ll blow up. My juul is completely broken because the connectors are pushed all the way in. But it still charges. So I’m scared to throw it out because I don’t want to be responsible for the explosion.

First thing you should do it to Buy a New JUUL (if you like your Old JUUL).

JUUL's aren't meant to be taken apart. So you are Kinda asking for Trouble by doing Surgery on it.

Next you should put your Old Juul in a Zip-Lock Bag. And then see where you can take Old Batteries to be Recycled. If you are in the USA, HomeDepot has and Old Battery Drop-off.

And Welcome to the ECF.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Your device is not safe currently. JUUL along with just about every other internal battery mod uses LiPo bag batteries which are notoriously fragile.
You need to get rid of it. The question is not whether to but how to.

This depends heavily on your nation of residence. In the USA, Take it to a certified toxic waste recycler. This includes many electronics stores, fire departments, battery stores, and municipal sites. Disposal is generally but not always free.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Hi and welcome,

Contact Juul for warranty replacement or for advice on safe disposal.

Cheers
I

• Agree
Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Navxotwood

Sep 3, 2019
First thing you should do it to Buy a New JUUL (if you like your Old JUUL).

JUUL's aren't meant to be taken apart. So you are Kinda asking for Trouble by doing Surgery on it.

Next you should put your Old Juul in a Zip-Lock Bag. And then see where you can take Old Batteries to be Recycled. If you are in the USA, HomeDepot has and Old Battery Drop-off.

And Welcome to the ECF.
Thank you, for now should I just separate the battery from the case of the juul, since it’s not closing all the way I’m scared I might be denting the battery, or I may be damaging it

Reactions: zoiDman

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thank you, for now should I just separate the battery from the case of the juul, since it’s not closing all the way I’m scared I might be denting the battery, or I may be damaging it
Nope. Take the whole darned thing and get rid of it. You could save the pod, but the rest of it is either garbage or dangerous garbage. There are professional centers that can separate the parts safely. It’s their job. Let them do it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
What if I were to just throw it in the trash can what would happen?
Aside from that you would most likely be breaking the law?
The problem is the battery contains lithium. Lithium is a flammable metal and it burns HOT. It could conceivably burst when the trash compactor in the garbage truck comes down on it and start a fire for one thing. Or it could survive the trip and moulder away in a garbage dump for years only to start a fire later.
It’s hazardous waste and needs to be treated as such.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you, for now should I just separate the battery from the case of the juul, ...

You can. Just be sure to put the Battery Cell alone in a Zip-Lock Bag. And Don't put anything else that is Metal in with the Battery Cell.

You did the Right Thing to come here and Ask. It Never Hurts to Ask.

:thumb:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reactions: bombastinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread