Question about ody problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreimer

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
As for the trouble with the wire coming apart, try a pair of heomstats. They're easy to find, and work great...close them on the wires right where you want to start the twist, then twist away with your fingers. The hemostats hold the wires tightly without crushing them, and give you a much tighter twist than just fingers alone.
The wire will twist in your gingers unless you trap it between the tips of your fingernails. The hemostats serve the same purpose, and let you see what you're doing better

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
I know what you mean with the wires coming apart after twisting - I've found that this happens to me consistently when I don't take the time to separate the V before each twist... if that makes any sense. When I pull each end out, to make a nice 90 degree angle at the V, and THEN twist, the wires do a better job of each one twisting around the other. If I don't pull them apart, and just haphazardly twist away, usually my soft silver just twists AROUND the R wire, so the R wire is really just a straight shaft with the other twisted around it. If that happens, the NR wire will just slip right off when I start to bend it back.

In other words, if both wires have lots of kinks and twists, it'll hold firm. If one wire is just wrapped around the other, there's a good chance it'll just slide right out.

Last edited:

UnFettered_Soul

Exalted Grand High Poobah
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm certainly no expert, you'll find lots of posts from me asking for help.
I had my measurements wrong in my head, I thought 1 inch of resistance wire equaled about 1 ohm of finished coil.
Turns out it's closer to 1 mm of resistance 36 resistance wire equals about 1 ohm of finished coil.
When I went with much smaller length of resistance wire, when checking it on my provari I got far fewer errors.

Also, make sure you don't have any wire ends sticking out when you put the entire Ody together, I got error readings that way too.

UnFettered_Soul

Exalted Grand High Poobah
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well i am getting good coils now but they are .... also my provari keeps saying e1

Read this wrong the first time I replied. I was thinking your Provari was telling you open, in other words, a very high ohm coil.
E1 error is a short circuit. Double check your wire ends.
And others will tell you how to avoid shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread