Question for experienced DIY mixers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbray

Apr 23, 2018
Just looking for a simple answer really, do you guys think it's okay to add a little flavour concentrate to a pre existing ejuice that was store bought? I have a Heisenberry infusion juice that was store bought a while ago, and although I like the flavour, the menthol overpowers the fruit, I was wondering if adding a little bit of a fruit concentrate would do any harm?

Reactions: Letitia

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Powerful flavors like mints, cinnamon and pineapple are difficult to overcome. Once they saturate a wick, you can pretty much forget about ever not tasting that note. If you add flavoring to try overcoming it, you risk ending up with a soapy and/or very harsh juice.

It would be better to either dilute the existing flavor with unflavored juice, and then add a small amount of the flavor concentrate you want more of, or just try someone else's interpretation of the flavor.

Like @Baditude says--once you giveth, you cannot taketh away.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I tried commercial juice once since I started mixing, didn't make it thru a half tank.
    I tend to try and pick up different juices at vape shows. If i like them then i will try and get the concentrates so i can mix. Find it a good way to find some new flavours and then mix them

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Recipes or flavors? I haven't tried many one shots and couldn't narrow down flavors to just 3. Orange Blossom, Grape Dreams, and Pear Dragon or Pear Candy would make it into my top 3 right now (today anyway). I would probably need a top dozen to get me thru a month.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Just looking for a simple answer really, do you guys think it's okay to add a little flavour concentrate to a pre existing ejuice that was store bought? I have a Heisenberry infusion juice that was store bought a while ago, and although I like the flavour, the menthol overpowers the fruit, I was wondering if adding a little bit of a fruit concentrate would do any harm?
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    If you use nic, you may dilute it a little, but a drop or two should be ok. Menthol is almost impossible to thin for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread