Status
Not open for further replies.

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
It is not too difficult to do. I have already done it with a passthrough and plan on doing the same thing to my variable voltage mod i am in the final stages of building. But since they don't make ego type battery connectors you would need a lathe and a die to cut the threads. Only other option is to rip the connector out of a dead eGo. But some folks have the screw the atomizer down with a vengeance which crushes the seal over time and could possibly have a direct short that lead to the batteries demise. My eGos are still going strong but i was sent some and the seal being questionable i decided not to use them and build from scratch. Here is a pic and a link to my 100% ego compatible PT http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/159922-passgo.html
IMG_0339.jpg

Last edited:

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Java_Az, that is really nice looking. What did you use for the body on that?

Thanks ECB ,

It is piece or round bar stock aluminium 6061 that i threw on my lathe and machined. Finish is with 500 grit sandpaper to give it a sorta fine brushed look. Working on getting a anodizing set up going still need quite a bit of stuff, but it would be nice to get it protected. It is a scratch magnet the way it is right now.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I said it before and I'll say it again, modders are the coolest. Speaking as someone who has zero ability in this area:).

My question is this: How difficult would it be to create a mod that had a native connection to fit an eGo tank atty so that adapters would not be required?

I would so love a vv mod that would use a tank. I looked at those mini storm tanks but really don't understand what they are. All the vv mods are so big I love the size of the ego and really wanna try a vv and use my tanks. Eledil glad you asked cuz it just didn't sound right when I was tryin to ask, Thank you

theECB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Everett, WA
upinvapor.blogspot.com
Thanks ECB ,

It is piece or round bar stock aluminium 6061 that i threw on my lathe and machined. Finish is with 500 grit sandpaper to give it a sorta fine brushed look. Working on getting a anodizing set up going still need quite a bit of stuff, but it would be nice to get it protected. It is a scratch magnet the way it is right now.

Wow! You machined that yourself? I am even more impressed! I need a mini metal lathe something fierce! I bet that bad boy is solid as a rock! Keep up the good work.

weaponX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2010
C-bus, Ohio
Nice work Java!

I would so love a vv mod that would use a tank. I looked at those mini storm tanks but really don't understand what they are. All the vv mods are so big I love the size of the ego and really wanna try a vv and use my tanks. Eledil glad you asked cuz it just didn't sound right when I was tryin to ask, Thank you

The storm/map tanks are a ce2 mod. Its essentially a new larger tube for the cart that holds more liquid and lets the wicks breathe a bit more. You can build one yourself fairly easily with a 3ml/10ml syringe.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
Nice work Java!

The storm/map tanks are a ce2 mod. Its essentially a new larger tube for the cart that holds more liquid and lets the wicks breathe a bit more. You can build one yourself fairly easily with a 3ml/10ml syringe.

I am not by any means capable of building anything lol. I have a hard time putting a nail in the wall. lol I just wish someone could build a custom pv basicaly a vv ego ..... sigh

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I am not by any means capable of building anything lol. I have a hard time putting a nail in the wall. lol I just wish someone could build a custom pv basicaly a vv ego ..... sigh

I actually have a commercial supplier altering their design and building me a vv mod with a native ego connection so I can use the tank atty without adapters. Look for it in the next 30 days or so.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
I actually have a commercial supplier altering their design and building me a vv mod with a native ego connection so I can use the tank atty without adapters. Look for it in the next 30 days or so.

REALLY?!!!!!!!! Is it gonna be much bigger than the ego? I hope it turns out great. My dream pv. Please keep us updated. And thank you for getting this underway :)

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
REALLY?!!!!!!!! Is it gonna be much bigger than the ego? I hope it turns out great. My dream pv. Please keep us updated. And thank you for getting this underway :)

Yes, it is bigger than the eGo. You can only go so small and still fit all the components that VV requires. Sorry, I cannot say which manufacturer at this point. I don't want him inundated with requests. I contacted him and asked if it would be possible. He said he would build it. It is an "experimental" unit at this time. Once we know it works, I'm sure he won't mind if I share the result.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Is the 510 to 510 adapter that much trouble that you would buy a whole new mod to avoid it?

Sure! Because I have to eventually at least buy one of everything. In all seriousness I am looking to get a more clean, integrated look. Plus it will still be able to use a standard 510 atty/carto.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Sure! Because I have to eventually at least buy one of everything. In all seriousness I am looking to get a more clean, integrated look. Plus it will still be able to use a standard 510 atty/carto.

Well, from that perspective I can understand. But then, when you put a regular atty/carto on your new mod, wouldn't they look funny?

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Well, from that perspective I can understand. But then, when you put a regular atty/carto on your new mod, wouldn't they look funny?

Possibly, but my intention would be to only use tank attys with this mod and the standard attys/cartos would only be as an emergency backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread