Question for the cigar guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakeytails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Kentucky, United States
I'm a chick and don't know anything about cigars. I'd like to try a cigar extraction using the shot glass method. I don't want to do pipe tobacco because I don't rebuild coils and don't want to deal with gunk any more than I have to.

My question is- What very cheap and easily available cigar will give me decent results? I found this list but I don't know how old it is or if these are likely to be found in BFE. There is one smoke shop around that has a humidor, but I don't think the girls that work there know much about cigars. I don't want to just wander in looking like a dork with no clue even if I am!

DoloresB

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hello, shakeytails! I'm not one of the "cigar guys" you might be needing help from, but there are a few threads in this forum that address this question. One of the is: Thread: Can I extract the flavor from Cuban & Dominican Cigars? (page 4 of this forum).
You could try to extract form a Cohiba, a Montecristo, or an Acid Blonde
If you read through this forum, you will find many recipes for natural tobacco extracts, using different forms of tobacco.

shakeytails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Kentucky, United States
Hi shakeytails I'm new to this also but what I did was walk into my Tobacco shop and explained what I going to and they sold me some stale high quality cigars for for 2 or 3 dollars .good luck

Nifty idea. I'll have to try that next time I get to town, I'm not shy. I like cheap. I really like cheap and high quality.

I'm still open to ideas for cheap and readily available in case I don't get lucky. I just don't want to spend more than a few bucks on something that may or may not work or be to my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread