Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
I'm intrigued by the difference casing/curing makes in how a specific tobacco type will taste as an extracted flavor. I'm of the belief that curing and casing(s) contribute more to the extracted flavor than does the type/strain of tobacco itself. That's one of the reasons I like to try so many different brands of essentially similar tobacco blends, they all taste vastly different from one another.

Same here, I often wondered in the past if we were just extracting the casings, and vaping that. I never came to any meaningful conclusion, except that I don't think its that simple. I also agree with trying different brands as each tobacco processor/curer seems to an extent to have their own 'trademark' casing recipes.

Smocian257

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2014
Green Valley, Arizona
Same here, I often wondered in the past if we were just extracting the casings, and vaping that. I never came to any meaningful conclusion, except that I don't think its that simple. I also agree with trying different brands as each tobacco processor/curer seems to an extent to have their own 'trademark' casing recipes.
Anyone else whos done individual blending types. Have you noticed your burleys are sweeter than your virginias? Maybe its just my method

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have extracted all of P&C's blending varietals. Few vape well by themselves but mixed they can be pretty good without adding any flavor concentrate to them. Having tried unprocessed leaves and finding them wanting I'm amazed at how some curing processes tame down the alkaloid tastes of pipe tobacco. I just mixed up some juice from varietals that finally, finally after over a year trying, taste good enough to stand beside commercial blends.

Smocian257

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2014
Green Valley, Arizona
I have extracted all of P&C's blending varietals. Few vape well by themselves but mixed they can be pretty good without adding any flavor concentrate to them. Having tried unprocessed leaves and finding them wanting I'm amazed at how some curing processes tame down the alkaloid tastes of pipe tobacco. I just mixed up some juice from varietals that finally, finally after over a year trying, taste good enough to stand beside commercial blends.
If you still have any unprocessed lying around try adding it at 10% or less total concentrate . I did this with a turkish blend (had whole leaf yenidje that i incorporated into it) and it definitely kicked things up flavorwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread