Questions about Low Resistance Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarzilla

Aug 1, 2011
Columbus, OH
I've been using LR cartomizers with my eGo for a few months. I switched from Blu cig. What I noticed with the LR carto's was more vapor, and I think more flavor, but really too much throat hit for my preference. I like some TH, but sometimes this itches and burns my throat. I've been vaping 18mg VG Tennessee Cured mostly (and other juices from the sample pack.) My questions:

Will switching from LR to regular carto's reduce throat hit, flavor, and/or vapor production?
Do LR carto's change the flavor of the juice?
If I like a lot of flavor and vapor, but less throat hit, am I better off just to start ordering lower nicotine juice?

Thanks a lot!

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Let me start by saying that I am all about that razor blade burn in my throat. That's the only way I can set my PV down for any length of time.

Lower nic juice would lower the throat hit but you may vape more. A higher percentage of VG could help as well. Other brands of juice will have less throat hit too depending on ingredients used. There are a lot of variables at play when it comes to throat hit.

Standard resistance carto's on an eGo had noticably less throat hit IMO and caused me to go to 6v to quench my cravings. This was before LR carto's were available. I have since tried the LR and found I prefer the flavor production from standard carto's. Standard carto's produce just as much vapor as LR but requires a longer drag as it doesn't produce vapor as fast.

Since everyone is different you'll have to find out for yourself what the magical combination is going to be. That's half the fun of vaping though IMO. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread