Quit smoking..doctors orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot899

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2012
perth ontario canada
Hello everyone ,glad to be part of such a large informative group here.Ive been smoking a pack a day for 40 odd years now and have tried everything to stop but no luck . Gum, patches, pills, hypnosis, cold turkey ..you name it ive tried it. Well ive come to a point in my life where i MUST stop smoking or face a bleek future. My son who hates my smoking and sees what its doing to me recently gave me a cheap e cig kit as a present in a final attempt to kick the habit and you know i enjoy it very much, very much like the real thing. So i have been doing a hell of a lot of research on every thing to do with the subject ( so much to absorb ) and have decided on stepping up to a VVPV. I have my eye on the EGO C TWIST as i like the idea of setting it to suit my taste with different e liquids. My question to all you folks that are in the know is what to use with it, a cartomizer?, a tank? im lost as to what would be the ideal match for it and me .Your suggetions would be a great help to me THANK YOU all

Fox5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2011
Clovis Ca
Good choice on the twist, if you plan on going the carto route I suggest a tank, reason being is without a tank to keep coil nice and wet it's to easy to burn the wicking material. You might like dripping in an atty also, wouldn't hurt to pick up one or two of those also, that way you can test out a few different juices without filling a whole carto or tank.

Stinknugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Philadelphia,Pa
I applaud you on your decision to quit smoking. I recently quit myself. My last cigarette was 6/21/2012. Obviously this isn't as impressive as others time off the analogs but i wanted to offer you my experience. Since i started vaping i haven't had one craving for a cigarette. All of the normal triggers i.e. Food, sleeping, drinking, driving, (not at the same time ofcourse :)) and even after sex are all gone. This product is truly a lifesaver for anyone who ventures to quit.

My best advice is to keep searching for a juice you love. Some are bad, some are ok, and others are amazing. When you find that amazing juice you'll know it and never want to waste time with analogs again.

I truly wish you the best of luck and apologize for not being able to offer more technical advice.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Welcome to ECF hot899, your in the right place. The Ego twist is, from what I hear, a great way to get into the VV scene. I would recommend a tank with Boge 3.0 cartos. You can get an inexpensive slim DCT tank and a 5 pack of XL cartos for under $20 and get a good idea if this will work for you. Taste in devices is so different, if you read around the forums here you will find that, and what works for some doesnt for others but I have found this combo to give me the best of taste, vapor, throat hit, convenience and portability. Good luck and enjoy the journey!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi hot899, welcome to ECF and congrats on liking the vaping. I also smoked for 40+ yrs and understand your situation. Make absolute sure you order 2 twists as you'll need one to use while the other is recharging. Also re: batts- 100 mah= 1 hour normal vaping before recharge.
My question to all you folks that are in the know is what to use with it, a cartomizer?, a tank?
Generally the different delivery systems:
atomizer/ atty- an element- used for testing juices so you don't spoil a cartomizer with horrible juice
cartridge/ cart+ atty- cartridge has filler and is saturated with juice- juice drips on to atty
cartomizer/ carto- a metal tube with element and filler- juice from the saturated filler is vaped. Must be topped off occasionally
carto+tank- carto with a hole punched in it surrounded by a metal, glass or plastic tank that's filled with juice. Juice saturates the filler via the hole in carto
Clearomizer-wick+element in a plastic or metal tube with NO filler.

After 5 post wait 1 hr for the ECF servers to reset and request a Cdn vendors list here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-nic-supplier-list-via-pm-only-part-2-a.html

Last edited:

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
I'll just sound in as well to say the Twist is an amazing little device for what it does. And nice and colorful if you so desire.

My eGo "Family" Tho I don't use the outside 2 anymore since they're not VV. Going to PIF them soon to a friend that is interested in trying vaping.

IMAG0535.jpg

Bad Wolf

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Granite City, IL
Howdy and Welcome to ECF.
I went VV as well but did it with a Lava tube instead. I find that the taste is alot better with a tank setup. As people will tell you though that everyone is different on how things taste. Sometimes you find the right equipment right off the bat sometimes it is a miss. Just do not give up on the perfect setup for yourself.

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
If you are going to use the ego-C twist I recommend the type B atomizer body with either the SR heads or LR heads but they are not really needed so much but if you like your vapor hot then by all means try the LR heads . The 650mah ego-C is about as long as an ego 1000mah battery . The 1000mah ego-C is a touch long but I would say not too long but that maybe a matter of opinion . You can always carry more than one 650mah ego-C battery with you . The ego-C type B cartridge holds about 2ml or perhaps 2.5ml the same as the ego-T type B in fact you can use the same cartridges as you may have used on the ego-T type B if you had used one .

Last edited:

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
The twist is an ego-C device and I am getting very good reults with the ego-C cleaormizers, basically a small tank with replaceable atomizers, eGo 2.4ml Changeable Coil Cartomizer 1.8ohm - $6.49 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More and the vendor's thread is here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/stormys-vapor-cellar/304592-introducing-2-4ml-ego-changeable-coil-cartomizer-stormys.html.
For me the key was finding a flavor. Vanilla convinced me and ripe strawberry is just about edible. The tobacco's were good but not as satisfying. You'll find yours, I'm sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread