E-cig help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle_82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Sacramento, CA
wait a minute...2 for 40$? is that what im seeing in the link you posted?? i could purchase the kit from the link you posted and drive up to that local vape shop and try some different flavors to see what my girlfriend and i would think is best. bazing!

You're welcome :vapor:. Those kits are usually pretty inexpensive, it's when you start getting to the "mod" side of the world that the real money starts to get spent.

Will_MN

Jan 6, 2013
Minnesota
You're welcome :vapor:. Those kits are usually pretty inexpensive, it's when you start getting to the "mod" side of the world that the real money starts to get spent.

i just gotta start somewhere and then i can go in a different direction if needed. i ordered just one for now just to see what it is all about. as long as this helps sideline the heaters,i will be perfectly fine with spending money.

with the liquid,how do you refill them? i will probably stop by the vape shop that was mentioned previously in this thread,while im at work. they should be able to kinda clue me in on the liquid process is all about. just kind of want to know whats it all about before i do stop by the vape shop.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
You can get a Smok Tech 510 Ego-T kit for $40 usd. The kit is 2 batteries, 2 Atomizers, 5 juice tanks, USB adapter and AC plug. So think of it as 20 bucks an E-cig that way. I was just looking up getting for extra parts. I priced 2 more atomizers, a battery, and I was looking at 15 tanks. Each pack of tanks is 5. I found for like 3 more dollars I can get a whole kit. Which gets me 1 more battery and new chargers. Then I would just by 1 or 2 packs of tanks. Story is I would really look close at prices. Sometime a whole kit maybe cheaper.

If you're into the 510-T, Revolver is selling the tanks for $0.25 for a box of 5, and atomizers are about a dollar. I think they might be out of the starter kits though, but it's a good place to look for parts.

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
I would agree except moving from lights and ultra lights to 24 or 18mg, in my opinion, throat hit will be too much. Maybe order two of 18mg and two of 12mg just to see what works for them.

+1 on smokeless image X2's.

I smoked American Spirit yellow box and started off vaping with 18mg when I finally quit cigarettes. I've tapered to 12mg. I do have some 24mg and 18mg left when I'm hanging out with my smoking buddies.

If you start off too low, it might not be enough nic for your system to adjust without a huge craving. Just my :2c: . Good luck and happy vaping!

Turtle_82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Sacramento, CA
i just gotta start somewhere and then i can go in a different direction if needed. i ordered just one for now just to see what it is all about. as long as this helps sideline the heaters,i will be perfectly fine with spending money.

with the liquid,how do you refill them? i will probably stop by the vape shop that was mentioned previously in this thread,while im at work. they should be able to kinda clue me in on the liquid process is all about. just kind of want to know whats it all about before i do stop by the vape shop.

For that kit I gave the link for, all you have to do is unscrew the mouthpiece, squeeze in your juice till it reaches the top measurement line, and screw the mouthpiece back in...no hassle. As for flavors, just look for something that the name appeals to you. It may take you a while to find a flavor you really love, so I would suggest sticking to fruits as those are the most easily accepted. I have yet to find a coffee I like, and sweet dessert juices are hit and miss. If you get into it though, look into DIY stuff, then you can tailor all your flavors to suit your needs.

And if you REALLY want to quit smoking...this will definitely help!!!

Last edited:

usavapur

Jan 8, 2013
Atlanta
Hey I am new to this forum and to Ecigs. My New Year's resolution is to stop smoking. I am new to the whole ecig thing and it sounds like the ego might be the best bet for a 2 pack per day smoker. I just don't know if the smaller disposable ecigs will be enough for me right now. I am looking at a Nicstick, V2, and South beach and can't decide. They all seem to have the same capabilities but the Nicstick has a lower price, I might just try them out.

Will_MN

Jan 6, 2013
Minnesota
got it! i dont know what the deal was. i plugged it in for 20 minutes and came back and checked it,unplugged it and didnt get nothing and then i gave the battery a shake like that would magically fix it,screw the mouth piece on and hit the button and bam,it worked ha.

it is very different holding on to the vape vs. a cigarette. but i like it,its not hard to hit.

i reveived a couple samples,juicy fruit=yuck and something else i havent tried yet. juicy fruit is definatly a no no haha

Turtle_82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Sacramento, CA
got it! i dont know what the deal was. i plugged it in for 20 minutes and came back and checked it,unplugged it and didnt get nothing and then i gave the battery a shake like that would magically fix it,screw the mouth piece on and hit the button and bam,it worked ha.

it is very different holding on to the vape vs. a cigarette. but i like it,its not hard to hit.

i reveived a couple samples,juicy fruit=yuck and something else i havent tried yet. juicy fruit is definatly a no no haha

That kit I recommended can be used WHILE charging...the beauty of the passthrough. So if the battery is low, just plug it in and vape while it's charging. Hope it works for you, but definitely make it to your local vape shop to try out some flavors. I'd hate for the flavors to make you give up on it.

vidpoboy

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Twin Cities, MN
Will

Congrats on your new kit. Welcome from another new Minnesota member.

If you can get to the Ecig store mentioned earlier in Anoka Then you should also try the shop down the road in .... Rapids. the Ecig Crib. Both shops are great. I like to go to both as they have different stuff and Juices. and they are about 8 mins from each other. Really worth going to the Brick and mortars to see all the stuff. Both shops have great staff and are really helpful.

Nelliescroggit

Jan 11, 2013
Yorkshire
Hi and welcome!

I started with a V2 kit and after over 12 months of experimenting with other things and there are hundreds! I've actually gone back to V2!
Cig lookalikes withan auto (you suck to activate) and manual (press a little button to activate) batteries. You can also order a sample pack to try all the flavours. Other options include long batteries to last longer between charges and different strengths of nicotine are available depending on what/how much you smoke now.

They are a good way to start, because they look and feel like trad fags, you can even get red LED lights on the end so it looks like they are glowing like a real ...!

One more thing...I decided that as soon as my 1st battery was charged, I would switch 100%. I think the novelty value also helps in the beginning, and I've never smoked another cigarette!

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread