Quitting round two

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
After years of not smoking, I started again at the end of August. There have been a few times over the last seven years, that I have smoked cigarettes. Anytime this had happened, I'd switch back to my vape. Usually within 24 hours of smoking, I could drop it, and go right back to the E cig. This time was different. Here I was, right back to a pack a day. Of course I ended up getting sick. Cigarette smoking makes me highly susceptible to lung infections.
The last time I smoked was a week ago. I am back on my e cig. I can take a deep breath without my chest and lungs rattling. Round two has been a different experience, from the first time I switched. This round I had decent gear and plenty of e liquid.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Bravo on 2nd tries! When I was first diagnosed with emphysema I had a severe event that had me almost bed ridden for two weeks. I was able to quit, since I couldn't breath. Once I recovered, I was back on cigarettes. I had convinced myself that I could limit to just a couple a day, but over time it crept right back up. This lead to my second severe event, not as bad as the first, but still bad enough to make me realize I had to quit.
A coworker gave me a juul as a gift and I haven't looked back. For what ever the reason it's working for me - a year and half cigarette free. What's strange for me, I'm no longer even tempted.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will say, stopping again even like, after a year and only a cig or two was HARD. I had to listen to my own advice being told to me by other members, because my brain on cigarettes is stupid. "Up your nic!" Etc.

I just got pneumonia. I did get a cold but like I was all messed up thyroid wise plus acutely stressed. I have a feeling I must've smoked about 8 cigarettes then. I did not regret them either.

Then, I got pneumonia. I am betting those cigs didn't HELP. I regretted them THEN.

I also marveled at my ability to have pneumonia for 18 months prior to QUITTING. I have no clue how I even DID IT? Super stubborn I guess. Pneumonia sucks.

Anna

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Welcome back. Yeah, the equipment is better now but a little hard getting stuff for low wattage.

I'm actually finding it pretty easy to get low wattage stuff these days, and the great thing is the new(er) stuff actually works very well. I'm currently vaping a few DoggyStyle tanks and my new FEV 4.5 at 12-13 watts and they are really nice for the way I like to vape. I do VW almost exclusively, but both do TC well too if that interests you.

There are a bunch of others out there too lately that get good reviews and more seem to be coming out regularly, these are just the two that are in my 'best atties' list lately.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
After years of not smoking, I started again at the end of August. There have been a few times over the last seven years, that I have smoked cigarettes. Anytime this had happened, I'd switch back to my vape. Usually within 24 hours of smoking, I could drop it, and go right back to the E cig. This time was different. Here I was, right back to a pack a day. Of course I ended up getting sick. Cigarette smoking makes me highly susceptible to lung infections.
The last time I smoked was a week ago. I am back on my e cig. I can take a deep breath without my chest and lungs rattling. Round two has been a different experience, from the first time I switched. This round I had decent gear and plenty of e liquid.

Welcome back!

Yeah slipping up can make it more difficult because your brains decided it knows all your tricks! lol.. Good luck and just keep with it.. you'll do fine!

Reactions: gpjoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread