Quitting Vaping due too frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingraptor724

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
United States
Thats it I draw the line here, batteries constantly dying, crappy mini nautilus gunks up the base and makes the bottom fall apart even after thorough constant washing, tons of ejuices losing throat hit after about a month. Hundreds and hundreds of dollars wasted I think this is it. Everything that has to do with vaping doesnt work, already on third nautilus that broke due to the base being poorly designed allowing it to gunk up and rust. 5 batteries gone through all just running out of battery and not working or shorting out. I give up id rather die of cancer than go through this crap every day and waste all my money.

Reactions: Kanger Banger

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
It helps if you know some one in person with vast knowledge to guide you with hardware like my friend did. Eventualy i started to teach my friend about few things here and there that he didnt know. But i spent hundred hours upon hours reading the forums, soaking up wealth of information.

Do you have a vast selection of B&M shops in your area. I think spending time with some one face to face is beneficial with any hobby. When you are on your own and just forums, it can be frustrating. Visit local B&M shops if you have few to chose from, talk to the people that work there, let them guide you, but if they try to sell you a boat load of gear then walk away. You need some one who can take your hand and teach you, and not sell you more stuff youll be frustrated with.

You can also talk to the customers at the store, make few friends and have them walk you through. Most people that ive met, are cool and there are few who think world is there to serve them.

Almost every long term vaporer(sp) on this forum has spent a lot of money, going from ego stick to full on mech mod+RDA. Vaping is a hobby for many of us, and just like any hobby we continue to upgrade hardware by spending more money.

At the end of the day, you can walk away or take it to the next level with more advanced hardware. The choice is yours.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Vaping does not have to become a hobby for it to work and keep you off the cigs. You just have to find the right equipment that works for you. Your hardware affects TH as much as the juice does. Don't give up. I have been smoke free for 5 years now and am here to tell you that the frustration in the beginning finding the right equipment and juice is well worth the effort.

Hang in there. Plenty of folks on this forum that will be glad to help you.

loganmacallum1

Oct 16, 2014
NC
My advice is to buy a mod, I thought it would be more frustrating, but in my opinion they are a lot easier to maintain. I've tried a good majority of things, cigalikes, egos, coolfires, and then i finally got a nemi clone and a dark horse rda. The nemi clone and dark horse are my daily vape laying around the house, if i go out i bring a coolfire, if im at work i bring a cigalike. Thats another thing you should do to keep maintaining less frequent, get lots of different vapes for different occasions.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Do the excuses make it seem alright?

Seriously, I know of very few people that cannot find some combination of things that will work. Sounds like you keep making the same mistakes over and over and expecting different results.
If you like something and it breaks, you might buy another. If you hate something that breaks you do not keep replacing it.:facepalm:

If you are looking for the Rabbit, first you need a Magic hat:)

Reactions: khalidmna

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Hey- I'm a fairly new vaper (aroudn 2 months now) and have been lucky as hell when it comes to gear. I had an Nauti Mini that I never used since I got the Lemo Drop shortly after that (among other things). Going RTA/RDA isn't all that difficult or time-consuming- the maintenance, though it might be a bit frustrating in the beginning when it comes to wicking and coiling (but it passes and quickly with all of the resources here). I've had no issues and amazing vapes with it

For batteries, I'm guessing you mean regulated mods (vs mech mod). My initial concern was also longevity and durability. For that, I'd check out the MVP. It's a highly regarded mod that seems to last loonnnggg, some even over a year from my reading. Plus, it's relatively cheap so a relatively low investment. (I bought mine- the MVP 20W when it was still new for like $42 with shipping.) I'm going mech soon (once it gets off the boat...ergh), but it's generally not recommended that you start with it.

Last edited:

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
It helps if you know some one in person with vast knowledge to guide you with hardware like my friend did. Eventualy i started to teach my friend about few things here and there that he didnt know. But i spent hundred hours upon hours reading the forums, soaking up wealth of information.

Do you have a vast selection of B&M shops in your area. I think spending time with some one face to face is beneficial with any hobby. When you are on your own and just forums, it can be frustrating. Visit local B&M shops if you have few to chose from, talk to the people that work there, let them guide you, but if they try to sell you a boat load of gear then walk away. You need some one who can take your hand and teach you, and not sell you more stuff youll be frustrated with.

You can also talk to the customers at the store, make few friends and have them walk you through. Most people that ive met, are cool and there are few who think world is there to serve them.

Almost every long term vaporer(sp) on this forum has spent a lot of money, going from ego stick to full on mech mod+RDA. Vaping is a hobby for many of us, and just like any hobby we continue to upgrade hardware by spending more money.

At the end of the day, you can walk away or take it to the next level with more advanced hardware. The choice is yours.

Not all of us vapers use RDA to be successful, while I do own some RDA's my all day vape is either a 901 or 510 disposable atty.

I agree with crxess, there are many options out there, and no need to keep trying something you don't like.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
There certainly is more frustration to be had with rebuildables Kingraptor, but the light at the end of the tunnel is once you know what you're doing you can find the reliability and savings that you're looking for, trust me myself and many others who have been vaping for years have felt the exact same way you do right now before finding things that work for us. You don't need to spend a fortune either to get a setup that will last you a long time, there are fantastic regulated mods and mechanicals (I suggest having 1 of each but starting with regulated) for under $100, there are excellent rta's for around $30 that with a little wire and cotton will last you forever. There's also several eliquid vendors now that actually make good e liquid at a price of about 20-30$ per 120ml bottle.

What kind of batteries are you using btw? If you really don't want to get into the deep end here I find the volts from smokelessimage and the kanger t4s (emphasis on S) to be an incredibly reliable system that is about as simple as it gets and also very cheap to sustain.

Last edited:

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I feel like mods would be even more frustration, but I mean if it actually solves these stupid problems. Im so sick of losing money

Anything and everything is frustrating for the first time and if you not willing to learn and be patient, then we end up right back here at square one.

Start with reading 100-2000 page threads on every mod that you are interested in. These threads have tons and tons of info on every mod, issues, solutions, fixes, etc etc.

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA
It can be frustrating, especially in the beginning. A life saver for me were cheap ($5.00) bridgeless dripping atomizers. When I was repairing or learning how to use a new rebuildable device, I knew that I could always screw one of them onto my Provari, (on sale right now for half of what I paid) drip 4 or 5 drops and get my fix while I sorted things out. They never let me down and I still use them to check the steeping progress of juice. Not as popular as they once were but still out there. I got my last batch from Kidney Puncher. Hang in there. You can do it.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I think you need something simple. Vaping is definitely not as "easy" as smoking.

You might consider a REO, with an over the counter Cisco atty. There is a reason why it's such a popular mod, pretty "fiddle-proof".

Not being a fangirl, just giving the benefit of almost 3 years experience and if you look at my classifieds numbers you will see just how many vaping things I *tried*. I can honestly say that I would never have stuck w/it if it had not been for my REO bottom feeder.

Later on you can get an RBA and build your own coils for it. But for now I would just use an over the counter atty with it because it's simple and pretty fool prooof

Other vape n' go devices that have come out recently appear to be the Joyetech eGrip.......seems like a pretty easy peasy vape.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
So many helpful answers here, and here I was about to be all like "cool story bruh, can I have your gear then?" I guess I got no patience for folks that got no patience.

Not sure how you can help then.

Everyone has their assets and downfalls. I know I do.

to the OP: lest we not forget the most important part........all the gear in the world will not help you unless you truly have the DESIRE to quit smoking. It starts in your head.

Reactions: khalidmna

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Not sure how you can help then.

Everyone has their assets and downfalls. I know I do.

to the OP: lest we not forget the most important part........all the gear in the world will not help you unless you truly have the DESIRE to quit smoking. It starts in your head.

I try to stay outa my head it gets scary in there sometimes! :facepalm: Yea we all have our bad days better the OP vent here than grouch at his lady or kids at least we might be able to get him past the awkward vaping stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread