Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Just wondering what reos were made in limited production? Which ones are more rare than others?

This question has been bugging me for a while, any help would be great.

When I am off work I can put together a detailed summary for you. But for now you get this:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/224175-reos-timeline-pictures.html

First REO's were boxy, called the Original Wood REO. Or some just called it the REO. Only made a few runs of these.

The Mini's had some with the polished then anodized finish. Very rare to find those. Some Grands were also polished then anodized, again a rare find. They look similar to the glossy polish coat finish.

One run of Nickle Mini's. Limited number of Nickle/Nickle and some with Nickle body and anodized door. Limited amount went up for sale because of problems during the finishing process.

The Woodvil runs have been the most produced in the wood REO's. You can usually tell by the squonk hole which run it was from. Also some were made with a plunger instead of a squonk hole. Older Woodvil's are more rounded and stout. Newer runs were thinner and more squared off.

Only one run was done of the Mini Woodvil and the Woodvil 18490. So those are around but limited amounts.

Only two (that I know of) Mini Original Woods were ever made. I do not think you will ever see these for sale. I know the one I have was given to me by Robert and it will be with me forever!

O.K. that's it for now with only a short time to input information!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

When I am off work I can put together a detailed summary for you. But for now you get this:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/224175-reos-timeline-pictures.html

First REO's were boxy, called the Original Wood REO. Or some just called it the REO. Only made a few runs of these.

The Mini's had some with the polished then anodized finish. Very rare to find those. Some Grands were also polished then anodized, again a rare find. They look similar to the glossy polish coat finish.

One run of Nickle Mini's. Limited number of Nickle/Nickle and some with Nickle body and anodized door. Limited amount went up for sale because of problems during the finishing process.

The Woodvil runs have been the most produced in the wood REO's. You can usually tell by the squonk hole which run it was from. Also some were made with a plunger instead of a squonk hole. Older Woodvil's are more rounded and stout. Newer runs were thinner and more squared off.

Only one run was done of the Mini Woodvil and the Woodvil 18490. So those are around but limited amounts.

Only two (that I know of) Mini Original Woods were ever made. I do not think you will ever see these for sale. I know the one I have was given to me by Robert and it will be with me forever!

O.K. that's it for now with only a short time to input information![/COLOR][/B]

Great info Karen :)

18490 woodvil is an exclusive / somewhat rare one - yay :). It's also quite exquisite.

How bout the VV woodvils?

I think all woods are quite exclusive :)

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Yes, Ed has the Nebula, the very first Stabilized Woodvil. Other stabilized Woodvils were made as well as Mini Woodvil's, and Woodvil 18490's.

Just to be more specific it was the 1st ever stabilized REO of any kind. Rob had never used that type of wood in making REOs and because of that plus the block barely met the minimum size needed so he said he would try. Naturally Rob knocked it out of the park. It was months till the next wood run and that's how it all got started. :)

EDIT: A reason for charging more for stabilized wood REOs just not because the wood cost more (which it does) but one slip could be costly. If a mistake happens while working with natural wood like maple or oak you can grab another piece of to match it not the case with dyed stabilized wood. Lucky for us Rob doesn't make mistakes. ;)

Last edited:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Says the Special Agent / FBI profiler / code jockey Dennis! (Think Fox Mulder from the X-Files, minus the aliens)

RHP

shush!
DSCN0574_zpsc2f20ae7.jpg

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I just couldn't resist and I need to be working right now. Deadline in two hours. Feisty only had one stabilized. It's on a journey to new home right now. Not because she didn't absolutely love it but at new home it will be loved, adored, cherished, used as much as it should be.

I do have one of only 15, I am told, of the first production edition of Wood REO with the numbers stamped on catchcup. It came from classies. It is in pristine condition, btw. I doubt it was ever used much. I'll post pic later when have more time. Up until about a year ago, before peeps really caught on and before we realized Robert just wasn't going to have the time any more to produce many Wood REOs, it was much easier to snag them from classies. I have gotten a few from trades. I have a Black Palm 14500 Woodvil. I think there were only two made. TennDave has the other. It is gorgeous!!!! But prone to swelling, more than others, in high humidity. Needless to say that one doesn't get near my hot tub. Robert will probably never do Black Palm again as it is so extremely difficult to work and not fun to work. AND, the much easier to work Wenge, like Mudflap's, is just as beautiful and almost a spitting image of the Black Palm.

So, to hold me over, for stabilized, I have a NOT-REO box coming, on loan to see if I like it. And, it's orange, a color I have rejected all my life. (And haven't worn because the color is not good on me. And, yes, I have a few recently acquired orange tee shirts, but they are a political statement garb.) My Orange Mini 2.1 REO really changed my appreciation for the color orange!!!!! I doubt there is any other orange as perfect as the Orange REO.

Be well, Fine REO Folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread