RDA manufacturers-MAKE THE HOLE BIGGER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
I'm in the airy draw crowd. Call it lazy or whatever. I watch these reviews and the reviewer takes these massivly long hits then they exhale. I'm like that's it? That's all of the vapor? I understand not everybody likes a airy draw. I do know that even after I modded my protanks, I just can't do a tighter draw anymore. Folks just do yourself a favor and get a cheap rba and grill out the og. air holes. Vape that exclusivly for a week. Then hit whatever you were vaping previously and the lightbulb will come on. It's literally night and day difference.

I vape like I smoked. I pull into my mouth then inhale. With my setups I can create clouds at least 5 times thicker than I ever got smoking so why would I need more? I have tried the airy setups and while you may get more vapor the overall experience is not as good IMO. I personally need a combination of vapor , heat and flavor to be satisfied. If you are after imitating an old steam engine train, drill your air holes out and enjoy your clouds of cold, flavorless vapor ;) :p

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
I vape like I smoked. I pull into my mouth then inhale. With my setups I can create clouds at least 5 times thicker than I ever got smoking so why would I need more? I have tried the airy setups and while you may get more vapor the overall experience is not as good IMO. I personally need a combination of vapor , heat and flavor to be satisfied. If you are after imitating an old steam engine train, drill your air holes out and enjoy your clouds of cold, flavorless vapor ;) :p

Think about it, more vapor means more juice being vaporized. More juice being vaporized means more flavor. If you enjoy a warmer vape, just safely lower resistance. You can get a darn warm( not hot) vape with dual 1/8" holes in the cap. Bigger holes only keep the vape or coil from boiling the juice. It's a delicate balance, but once you find it, it's bliss

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Think about it, more vapor means more juice being vaporized. More juice being vaporized means more flavor. If you enjoy a warmer vape, just safely lower resistance. You can get a darn warm( not hot) vape with dual 1/8" holes in the cap. Bigger holes only keep the vape or coil from boiling the juice. It's a delicate balance, but once you find it, it's bliss

I have been rebuilding since 2010. I have tried most everything available except sub ohm micro coils because they are an accident waiting to happen. The airy draw isn't for everyone.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
I have tried most everything available except sub ohm micro coils because they are an accident waiting to happen.
Sub ohm gets a bad rap. Sure, running a .2 ohm coil might be tickling the dragon, but a lot of sub ohm builds are no different, safety wise, than higher builds.

I have a dual coil .65 micro build in a RDA that I am quite comfortable vaping... and my .8/.9 RSST was also smooth sailing.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My understanding of air hole size is that the more power you put on the coil, the larger the hole needs to be to allow enough air flow to keep the coil from overheating. I have not experimented with it much though. I've drilled out the holes in my AGA-T and IGO to 1/16". I never do lung inhales as I find that mutes flavor and I'm in this for the flavor.

I normally run at 0.6 - 0.7 ohms in the AGA. Earlier today I coiled with one less wrap at about 0.5 ohms and it was slightly burning my 50/50 juice with a fresh battery. No hot spots and the coil was staying wet. I found if I did a quicker draw, say 1 1/2 seconds instead of my normal 3 to 4 seconds the flavor was back to normal and the vapor production was better than with slower draws. After half an hour of vaping I was back to longer draws, say 2 - 3 seconds and the flavor was really nice.

It's the first time I've gone this low in ohms. If I find I like it I might try a slightly larger hole. I would imagine that for people who run higher ohms the stock air hole is probably just right. I don't really care about airy or hard draw, I can live with both.

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Sub ohm gets a bad rap. Sure, running a .2 ohm coil might be tickling the dragon, but a lot of sub ohm builds are no different, safety wise, than higher builds.

I have a dual coil .65 micro build in a RDA that I am quite comfortable vaping... and my .8/.9 RSST was also smooth sailing.

I have been using lithium batteries for over 14 years in various chemistry's from single cell 50mah to 12 cell 20,000mah lipoly. Something us Electric RC pilots learned long ago was the C rating is just marketing. Running at or near the C rating will cause a battery to fail. As with anything that can go bad, the closer to the limits you run, the greater risks. I have seen many go thermal when run at max C and none when running at 75% C rating. Your numbers not so bad, some are just asking to blow their teeth out.

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
No biggie for me. When I get a new atty I just throw it in the vice. Take my 1/16 bit and a hand drill. Havent broken a drill bit yet. But I have also been a machinist for a couple years. I definately didnt know what I was missing. When I first got my igo it was a pain to use. Then read on here about someone drilling their hole. Had to try it and I loved it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread