Rda profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I just bought rda profile Wotofo, and have problems with spiting and overheating

I am using it with aegis mini at 45 w and when it gets hot turn it down to 35

E juice
Bad drip
And ruthless too sweet and spits more I think because it’s 90/10

I am still new to the rda tank

Are you using the Wotofo cotton that came with the atomizer?

What is critical with setting up the Profile is ensuring there are no voids between the cotton wick and the mesh strip. Voids will lead to hot spots and could possibly lead to spitback. The supplied Wotofo cotton is the correct amount to use that will ensure there are no voids. Other cotton can be used, but there is a learning curve to how much is needed.

I am a big fan of the Profile. Set up correctly it provides a consistent vape, no spitback. I’ve used high VG juice with no problems

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I don’t use juice with more then 50% vg so I’m not sure how thick it is but maybe you’re dripping it and because it’s thick it not getting enough time to absorb into the wicking thus causing the spitting. Just a thought I had but maybe give more time between dropping and firing so it can get absorbed.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I run mine with high VG juice at just under 100w on a fresh battery (I use mech squonk mods) with zero spitback. But just like tw33k I run rayon. I can't stand the taste of cotton anymore so I've never used the wotofo cotton.

Key is to get the wicking right. Nice and snug under the mesh, making full contact to the mesh strip so there is no voids to get hot spots. Trim the tails down to leave just enough to draw the liquid up. If your mesh is slightly deformed (which will cause a few problems including spitback) just reshape it with the small rod included in the package and rewick (or change the strip if it is really deformed).

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@Carlosxto - A lot of good information has already been passed down to you. I'm another who has used the Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's daily from when they first came out about a year ago. Have 10 of them, run them on mech squonk mods, both 18650 and dual parallel 18650, and on 2x700 regulated squonk mods. I wick mine with Vapefly Firebolts, never get spitback nor any dry hits. I also have a bunch of other mesh RDA's and RTA's (18 or them), and of all 28 of them the Profile RDA's are the easiest to get set up right.

Most of my DIY is mixed VG Heavy... 80-85VG/15-20PG.

profileP67ss.jpg DS-ProfileS.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'm vaping on a Profile right now @ 45w and have never got any spit back. In fact, it's the main reason why I am replacing all my RDAs with Profiles. Just the perfect vape for me. I've never used the Wotofo cotton tho. I only use rayon.

Same here, all I vape is mesh gear.

Carlosxto

Aug 11, 2019
@Carlosxto - A lot of good information has already been passed down to you. I'm another who has used the Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's daily from when they first came out about a year ago. Have 10 of them, run them on mech squonk mods, both 18650 and dual parallel 18650, and on 2x700 regulated squonk mods. I wick mine with Vapefly Firebolts, never get spitback nor any dry hits. I also have a bunch of other mesh RDA's and RTA's (18 or them), and of all 28 of them the Profile RDA's are the easiest to get set up right.

Most of my DIY is mixed VG Heavy... 80-85VG/15-20PG.

View attachment 836377 View attachment 836379

Yes I rewicked and it’s a lot much better (YouTube tutorial) also added another little spring the one that pushes the cotton and it help a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread