WOFOTO Profile RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
Howdy,
I havent seen a thread on this rda so I thought I would start one.
I am currently waiting for this rda to be delivered and I intend to use it with the vandy vape pulse 80 squonker.
I have been a huge fan of mesh coils ever since I bought the Theimis mesh RTA.
From watching several review videos I think the Profile RDA is going to be absolutely magic.
Folks if you have one of these I would love to hear your opinion's and experiances with it.
Have a great Vape!

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I'm waiting on mine to be delivered as well. I haven't tried a mesh coil since I tried them rolled up in a Genesis style atty several years ago. Couldn't get along with them then, but I have a hard time getting along with any tanks - which is why I haven't tried any of the new mesh tanks. All of the mesh RDA's released before the Profile got a lot of not so great reviews. Like you, every review I've seen has pumped this RDA up and I'm excited to try it! I'm also interesting in seeing what any current users might think of it! I'm trying to maintain reasonable expectations, but the anticipation is killing me!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I’m waiting on mine as well. I too am a big fan of the Themis and mesh. Besides my squonkers the Themis is my most used. Provides great flavor like I’m sure the Profile will. Reviewers whose opinions I trust loved it so I’m sure I will too. When I seen the profile I thought it was a brilliant design. The spring loaded block is gonna be used on more rda’s in the future for sure. I’ll be watching this thread for more Profile experiences.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I got mine today!!! Let me just start by giving respect to eciggity. I ordered Friday afternoon from Hawaii of course. I live 40 miles south of Chicago and received it today. I picked the cheapest shipping option so I’m very impressed by their service.
Now for the rda. Put a mesh sheet in and wicked it. Super simple to do and the flavor is outstanding. For anyone using rayon, I take the full diameter of rayon that comes out the box. This is graham rayon sold in the boxes so many rayonettes use. I also take the full diameter for use in the mesh Themis and it works perfect for both. For comparison I use less than half for a standard 3mm coil. So far loving the Profile, excellent flavor, easy to build and wick, and you can close the airflow down to mtl levels. I like a restricted hit so I’m very happy with the airflow on this one. I put on a 510 DT with an adapter, neither are included with the profile, to help get the flow I like. Super stoked so far, I may never struggle to pull rayon thru a standard coil again. Mesh is so fast and easy to build, I love it.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
Sigh My profile is coming from the SLoooooooooooooooest Tech company in the world (FT) Ordered more than a week ago and It still hasent been shiped off to me yet. I am GREEN with Envey.
You mentioned air flow please tell me what it's like wide open, I know it's not your cup of tea and thank you.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Sigh My profile is coming from the SLoooooooooooooooest Tech company in the world (FT) Ordered more than a week ago and It still hasent been shiped off to me yet. I am GREEN with Envey.
You mentioned air flow please tell me what it's like wide open, I know it's not your cup of tea and thank you.
It seems as airy as one would want wide open. This is my first topper with the rows of holes airflow and I’m quite impressed. It’s very smooth and quiet. No whistle closed down or wide open. So yea if you like open airflow I think you will be happy with it. Especially if you also use an 810 DT also but even with my 510 wide open I’m getting plenty of air with zero resistance.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Been playing with my WOTOFO Profile Mesh RDA for about 10 days on both mech and regulated squonk mods. I'm currently running SS mesh in it (cleaner/crisper/better flavor than the KA1). My favorite mesh RDA's are still the five Digiflavor Mesh Pro's though.

profile6sb.jpg

DMPx5.jpg

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Been playing with my WOTOFO Profile Mesh RDA for about 10 days on both mech and regulated squonk mods. I'm currently running SS mesh in it (cleaner/crisper/better flavor than the KA1). My favorite mesh RDA's are still the five Digiflavor Mesh Pro's though.

View attachment 768095

View attachment 768097
I have some ss mesh from the spool that came out awhile back. I’m curious are you using that stuff and if so what kinda ohm are you getting? I’m assuming you’re using mesh about the same size as the provided mesh. Also are you using tc or power?

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have some ss mesh from the spool that came out awhile back. I’m curious are you using that stuff and if so what kinda ohm are you getting? I’m assuming you’re using mesh about the same size as the provided mesh. Also are you using tc or power?

I still have sheets of 400X400 SS mesh left from the old days... but for the Profile I used a cut to same size piece of SS316L mesh as the KA1 mesh that comes with them off a 5' X 10mm wide spool from Vandy Vape that I bought for the 3 Mesh RDA's from them that I have.

There is not enough room in the Profile RDA to use a very much longer/bigger piece of mesh than what comes with them without risking a short with the cap. So they do not have much versatility when it comes to mesh builds like the larger MRDA's that have more latitude... mostly just which mesh material you use in the Profile (KA1, SS, Ni80, etc) that will have slightly different Ω values.

The VV SS316L mesh cut to size came out to 0.15Ω when first installed full depth in the Profiles clamp system, then settled in at 0.14Ω in use (vs the 0.18Ω the 'factory' KA1 mesh started at). Naturally YMMV some depending on how your mesh build comes out. I'm not into TC, run in power mode.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I still have sheets of 400X400 SS mesh left from the old days... but for the Profile I used a cut to same size piece of SS316L mesh as the KA1 mesh that comes with them off a 5' X 10mm wide spool from Vandy Vape that I bought for the 3 Mesh RDA's from them that I have.

There is not enough room in the Profile RDA to use a very much longer/bigger piece of mesh than what comes with them without risking a short with the cap. So they do not have much versatility when it comes to mesh builds like the larger MRDA's that have more latitude... mostly just which mesh material you use in the Profile (KA1, SS, Ni80, etc) that will have slightly different Ω values.

The VV SS316L mesh cut to size came out to 0.15Ω when first installed full depth in the Profiles clamp system, then settled in at 0.14Ω in use (vs the 0.18Ω the 'factory' KA1 mesh started at). Naturally YMMV some depending on how your mesh build comes out. I'm not into TC, run in power mode.
Thanks for the info, I’ve seen you like the Digiflavor mesh pro rda. I think I’m gonna pick one up based on your experience. I’m a fan of mesh and I really like the Profile but I think I want a mesh pro also. I was excited about the spring loaded block but I don’t think it’s all that necessary. When I put the wicking in I just tuck it and then clamp the other side which gets it plenty tight so the mesh pro should work just as good. The Vandy Vape mesh rda on the other hand I don’t like how the whole deck is flat. I think that will cause problems so that’s out but I wanna try the mesh pro rda to see how the flavor is on that one.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks for the info, I’ve seen you like the Digiflavor mesh pro rda. I think I’m gonna pick one up based on your experience. I’m a fan of mesh and I really like the Profile but I think I want a mesh pro also. I was excited about the spring loaded block but I don’t think it’s all that necessary. When I put the wicking in I just tuck it and then clamp the other side which gets it plenty tight so the mesh pro should work just as good. The Vandy Vape mesh rda on the other hand I don’t like how the whole deck is flat. I think that will cause problems so that’s out but I wanna try the mesh pro rda to see how the flavor is on that one.

I started out with 3 VV Mesh RDA's... but seldom use them now. Their deck was not a problem for me, but their almost non existent drip well is way too easy to flood and leak with the massive amount of wick you have to keep saturated.

The key to my 5 DMP's is the build (many folks have found that they can be fire breathing dragons otherwise). They have an ample drip well and use a lot of joose because I DLH. So they need a lot of tight wick and for it to be kept saturated to avoid dry hits. I use the full diameter of a stick of CBV2 cut to length, its pulled and rolled then pinned down to the deck (with one end of the mesh already installed) while the other end of the mesh is pulled tight over the wick to hold it down tight against the deck. Then groom and tuck the tail ends of the wick down into the drip wells. You want the mesh to ALWAYS be in solid contact with 100% of the cotton surface under it. A void will cause hot spots, spit back and add to the dry hit thing. I built the VV Mesh RDA's the same way - have never suffered a dry hit from any of them.

Note: the mesh samples that come with the DMP's (KA1, Ni80, SS) are the maximum length that can fit in them without causing a short witht he cap. I only use SS in mine, but cut those shorter length for a much lower Ω build. I now build them from the roll of mesh I bought for the VVM's.

Attachments

• DMPbuild2.jpg
    DMPbuild2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Informative
Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I started out with 3 VV Mesh RDA's... but seldom use them now. Their deck was not a problem for me, but their almost non existent drip well is way too easy to flood and leak with the massive amount of wick you have to keep saturated.

The key to my 5 DMP's is the build (many folks have found that they can be fire breathing dragons otherwise). They have an ample drip well and use a lot of joose because I DLH. So they need a lot of tight wick and for it to be kept saturated to avoid dry hits. I use the full diameter of a stick of CBV2 cut to length, its pulled and rolled then pinned down to the deck (with one end of the mesh already installed) while the other end of the mesh is pulled tight over the wick to hold it down tight against the deck. Then groom and tuck the tail ends of the wick down into the drip wells. You want the mesh to ALWAYS be in solid contact with 100% of the cotton surface under it. A void will cause hot spots, spit back and add to the dry hit thing. I built the VV Mesh RDA's the same way - have never suffered a dry hit from any of them.

Note: the mesh samples that come with the DMP's (KA1, Ni80, SS) are the maximum length that can fit in them without causing a short witht he cap. I only use SS in mine, but cut those shorter length for a much lower Ω build. I now build them from the roll of mesh I bought for the VVM's.
Thanks that’s very helpful. I build my Themis and profile the same with one end of the mesh clamped and I stuff the wick and then clamp the other side. I use rayon and the full diameter that comes out the box is the perfect amount. For perspective on a normal 3mm coil I use less than half the diameter of rayon. I’m a restricted lung or even mtl but I think I can close the DMP down enough to suit my needs and I’ll swap the 810 for a 510 driptip to help.

Do you think the airflow shut down for a restricted hit on the DMP will work well? I don’t see why not but I’d like to know from a user of that rda to be sure. Thanks for all the information you’ve shared so far it’s been very helpful.

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks that’s very helpful. I build my Themis and profile the same with one end of the mesh clamped and I stuff the wick and then clamp the other side. I use rayon and the full diameter that comes out the box is the perfect amount. For perspective on a normal 3mm coil I use less than half the diameter of rayon. I’m a restricted lung or even mtl but I think I can close the DMP down enough to suit my needs and I’ll swap the 810 for a 510 driptip to help.

Do you think the airflow shut down for a restricted hit on the DMP will work well? I don’t see why not but I’d like to know from a user of that rda to be sure. Thanks for all the information you’ve shared so far it’s been very helpful.

Note that the DMP uses a far larger piece of mesh than the Profile.... comes with 10mm X 40mm vs 6.8mm X 16mm samples. You can cut the length down on the DMP samples if a lower Ω works for you. Larger mesh also means they need way more wick than in the Profile.

The DMP's have a similar style dual AFC (rows of holes on each side that how many are used can be selected), but the holes are way, way larger on the DMP than the tiny pin holes on a Profile (they have 8 holes total each side). The minimum you'd have to use is 2 holes on each side stacked vertical, but you don't have to have the entire holes wide open. So at least a restricted lung should be no problem for you at all. I don't tootle puff (didn't TP when I smoked cigs and pipes either except when I first starting smoking almost 60 years ago) so can't really answer that. But do assume if you reduce the hole size enough to end up with just 2 crescents total open on each side you should be able to do even restricted MTL.

Digiflavor-Mesh-Pro-RDA-25-mm-vape.market-11.jpg

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Note that the DMP uses a far larger piece of mesh than the Profile.... comes with 10mm X 40mm vs 6.8mm X 16mm samples. You can cut the length down on the DMP samples if a lower Ω works for you. Larger mesh also means they need way more wick than in the Profile.

The DMP's have a similar style dual AFC (rows of holes on each side that how many are used can be selected), but the holes are way, way larger on the DMP than the tiny pin holes on a Profile (they have 8 holes total each side). The minimum you'd have to use is 2 holes on each side stacked vertical, but you don't have to have the entire holes wide open. So at least a restricted lung should be no problem for you at all. I don't tootle puff (didn't TP when I smoked cigs and pipes either except when I first starting smoking almost 60 years ago) so can't really answer that. But do assume if you reduce the hole size enough to end up with just 2 crescents total open on each side you should be able to do even restricted MTL.

View attachment 768337
Thanks, now does anyone know where I can buy a Digiflavor mesh pro rda for less than $30 and ships from the good ole USofA? Everyone I checked is out of stock or I’ve never heard of and are $30+.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks, now does anyone know where I can buy a Digiflavor mesh pro rda for less than $30 and ships from the good ole USofA? Everyone I checked is out of stock or I’ve never heard of and are $30+.

In the fast moving world of new vape gear now days with much of it if you snooze you loose on new authentic gear that comes out (some of it gets cloned, much of it doesn't). There are so many new things that vendors are swamped with gear inventories. So they are here today and gone tomorrow from most suppliers. The last DMP's I saw that were still in stock sold for $18-$19 when those vendors were closing out the last of them they had. FWIW my 5 altogether cost me something over $150 including shipping in 3 separate orders, but that was at the end of last year when they first came out and were readily available. Mine came from Eciggity - HI and VapeNW - WA.

However, a lot of folks bought them, didn't or wouldn't do the drill to learn how to build them right and soon gave up on them. So I'd bet there is a bunch of them out there collecting dust that could be bought"slightly used" for a song. You might try posting a 'Want to Buy' ad here on ECF. The classifieds here (like most things are here now) is a mere shadow of what it once was, but you might score one that way.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
In the fast moving world of new vape gear now days with much of it if you snooze you loose on new authentic gear that comes out (some of it gets cloned, much of it doesn't). There are so many new things that vendors are swamped with gear inventories. So they are here today and gone tomorrow from most suppliers. The last DMP's I saw that were still in stock sold for $18-$19 when those vendors were closing out the last of them they had. FWIW my 5 altogether cost me something over $150 including shipping in 3 separate orders, but that was at the end of last year when they first came out and were readily available. Mine came from Eciggity - HI and VapeNW - WA.

However, a lot of folks bought them, didn't or wouldn't do the drill to learn how to build them right and soon gave up on them. So I'd bet there is a bunch of them out there collecting dust that could be bought"slightly used" for a song. You might try posting a 'Want to Buy' ad here on ECF. The classifieds here (like most things are here now) is a mere shadow of what it once was, but you might score one that way.
That’s a good idea with all the folks that dont get how to build them right. I had to pay a little more and order from a new place but they are an ecf listed vendor and $25 wasn’t too bad. If I like it a lot and they still are outta stock everywhere I may try that. Although The Chinese sites had them I just didn’t want to wait that long to try it so I was looking USA only. If I like it I don’t mind waiting for a second one so that opens up the whole world of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread