WOFOTO Profile RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
OK...this over heating problem has become even stranger. I got another gunmetal 1.5 and the same thing happens. After maybe a half-dozen hits, the barrel gets extremely hot, too hot to vape.
I have a black 1.5 running at 55 watts which is 10 watts higher than the gunmetal and I just hit it 10 times in a row and it's barely warm.
I tried the black barrel on the gunmetal deck and it takes a bit longer but it does get hot.
I've also tried the black one on the same mod as I use the gunmetal on and it does not get warm even.
I've pulled it apart completely and gave it all a clean.
I'm using the chill version of the mesh wicked with rayon. The wicking is not an issue. I'm not getting anything like a dry hit.
I have no idea why this is happening so any suggestions would be appreciated.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
OK...this over heating problem has become even stranger. I got another gunmetal 1.5 and the same thing happens. After maybe a half-dozen hits, the barrel gets extremely hot, too hot to vape.
I have a black 1.5 running at 55 watts which is 10 watts higher than the gunmetal and I just hit it 10 times in a row and it's barely warm.
I tried the black barrel on the gunmetal deck and it takes a bit longer but it does get hot.
I've also tried the black one on the same mod as I use the gunmetal on and it does not get warm even.
I've pulled it apart completely and gave it all a clean.
I'm using the chill version of the mesh wicked with rayon. The wicking is not an issue. I'm not getting anything like a dry hit.
I have no idea why this is happening so any suggestions would be appreciated.
You could try one of these heat sink adapters, YUHETEC 810 To 510 Heat Sink Drip Tip Adapter Black Other accessories Sale, Price & Reviews| Gearbest Mobile
This is what I use but I only use 510 drip tips. I’m sure there is something similar that is just 810 if that’s your preference. Also a heat resistance drip tip, glass, ceramic, wood, and Teflon work very well and don’t get hot.
As to why this is happening I have no idea. I vape my Profile in the 40 watt range and take short puffs so heat buildup isn’t a problem for me. Good luck solving this problem.

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
New update regarding my experience with the Profile.

Wicking is easy and I didn't experience any major problems with hot spots.
I already changed the mesh testing different types and so far so good.

Flavour wise I feel it's on par with "normal" dual coil RDAs.

Ramp-up it's instant and drinks liquid like crazy.

I've done some tests and I really don't think this is for me.
Actually, I never feel safe using it.

Sadly my other options for squonking stayed at home so I will keep playing with it for some weeks to come.

Reactions: YePsTeR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread