WOFOTO Profile RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aden361

Jan 5, 2020
I tried ofrf nexmesh coil this week, i notice higher amp when use nexmesh.. when use wotofo mesh 0.18ohm in 55 watt, amp show around 17,5 amp still under 20a on my aegis solo

When used nexmesh 0.13ohm on 55watt get 20a, i get my sweetspot on 62,5 watt, show 21-22 amp and get hotter

Can someone explain about this?

My battery vtc5a and vtc6a, are they both can handle above 20a?

Sent from my ASUS_X01AD using Tapatalk

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I tried ofrf nexmesh coil this week, i notice higher amp when use nexmesh.. when use wotofo mesh 0.18ohm in 55 watt, amp show around 17,5 amp still under 20a on my aegis solo

When used nexmesh 0.13ohm on 55watt get 20a, i get my sweetspot on 62,5 watt, show 21-22 amp and get hotter

The NexMesh is slightly different than the Wotofo. Higher mass and more surface area. Little more power is required due to its mass, and the extra surface area results in a slightly warmer vape.

But the current draw you are seeing is the current draw of the coil, not the current draw of the battery. With a regulated device, these are different. The NexMesh shows a higher current at the coil for the same power because it is lower in resistance. But if the same power is being used, you will have the same current draw on the battery.

I explained this on the previous page here WOFOTO Profile RDA

You can use Steam Engine Battery Drain calculator to get an idea on the differences between coil current draw, and battery current draw. Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Choose “Regulated APV”

Enter your coil resistance

Choose Power Regulation as the mode (we are dealing with wattage, not voltage)

Enter your power rating.

The light blue “Atomizer” box will display your voltage and current at the coil based on the power and resistance of your coil.

For the battery.

Under battery presets, choose Sony VTC5A

Keep efficiency at 90%

The dark blue “Battery Drain” box will display the current draw on the battery based on your batteries voltage which can be adjust above. 4.2 volts (full battery) will have less current draw than 3.2 volts (approx. cut off voltage). But they will be different than your coil current draw.

Battery Mooch rates the VTC5A as a 25 amp battery, and the VTC6A as a 20 amp battery or 25 amps if the battery’s temperature is kept under 80°C. We can determine the max power a battery is able to handle while reducing risk by taking its CDR (Amp) rating and multiply it by 3. If using 2 or more batteries, multiply that answer by the amount of batteries you are using.

So a single battery Aegis Solo with the VTC5A, you can operate at 75 watts.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

Ohm's Law

Aden361

Jan 5, 2020
The NexMesh is slightly different than the Wotofo. Higher mass and more surface area. Little more power is required due to its mass, and the extra surface area results in a slightly warmer vape.

But the current draw you are seeing is the current draw of the coil, not the current draw of the battery. With a regulated device, these are different. The NexMesh shows a higher current at the coil for the same power because it is lower in resistance. But if the same power is being used, you will have the same current draw on the battery.

I explained this on the previous page here WOFOTO Profile RDA

You can use Steam Engine Battery Drain calculator to get an idea on the differences between coil current draw, and battery current draw. Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Choose “Regulated APV”

Enter your coil resistance

Choose Power Regulation as the mode (we are dealing with wattage, not voltage)

Enter your power rating.

The light blue “Atomizer” box will display your voltage and current at the coil based on the power and resistance of your coil.

For the battery.

Under battery presets, choose Sony VTC5A

Keep efficiency at 90%

The dark blue “Battery Drain” box will display the current draw on the battery based on your batteries voltage which can be adjust above. 4.2 volts (full battery) will have less current draw than 3.2 volts (approx. cut off voltage). But they will be different than your coil current draw.

Battery Mooch rates the VTC5A as a 25 amp battery, and the VTC6A as a 20 amp battery or 25 amps if the battery’s temperature is kept under 80°C. We can determine the max power a battery is able to handle while reducing risk by taking its CDR (Amp) rating and multiply it by 3. If using 2 or more batteries, multiply that answer by the amount of batteries you are using.

So a single battery Aegis Solo with the VTC5A, you can operate at 75 watts.
Wow.. Great explanation and information! Thankyou!

MoneyVapes

Jun 3, 2019
Minneapolis, MN
I now have a original RDA profile, the 1.5 and the RTA.

I rank them:
1)Profile Unity RTA (once you figure out how to wick it)
2)Original Profile RDA
3)1.5 RDA

The first two are in my regular rotation and are two of my favorite atomizers that I own at the moment. the mesh is so good.

if you have the original i wouldn't bother with the 1.5...

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Haha,when i bought my first one,i knew i didn't have to try any other rda's anymore,so started grabbing them to put on all my squonkers.I may be off by a few,i forgot about a couple others i got here and there,so probably up around 20 or so now,plus getting ready to grab a gold one,i don't have that color yet,most are black,1 matte,1 ss,,a couple ultem,and recently got a blue one,but never needed a gold one until now so gotta grab that color too haha.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
I rate them slightly differently, the unity is really good but not as good as the rda on a squonk mod for flavour,

1 profile rda on a squonk
2 unity rta
3 1.5 ,don't bother if you have the original profile rda.

But the main thing is the profile family are kicking .... and something you won't regret buying, the unity can be a pain to wick but once done you will love it, a really good rta

Took me ages to wick the unity, I now cut at angle close to the mesh and bring the tails down into the juice slots, sort of back to front from wotofo 's way

Last edited:

MoneyVapes

Jun 3, 2019
Minneapolis, MN
I rate them slightly differently, the unity is really good but not as good as the rda on a squonk mod for flavour,

1 profile rda on a squonk
2 unity rta
3 1.5 ,don't bother if you have the original profile rda.

But the main thing is the profile family are kicking .... and something you won't regret buying, the unity can be a pain to wick but once done you will love it, a really good rta

Took me ages to wick the unity, I now cut at angle close to the mesh and bring the tails down into the juice slots, sort of back to front from wotofo 's way

totally, I could rank them that way very easily too.. I've just been enjoying the RTA a smidge more. I wick it the same as you and it works great!

• Agree
Reactions: Marper

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Haha,when i bought my first one,i knew i didn't have to try any other rda's anymore,so started grabbing them to put on all my squonkers.I may be off by a few,i forgot about a couple others i got here and there,so probably up around 20 or so now,plus getting ready to grab a gold one,i don't have that color yet,most are black,1 matte,1 ss,,a couple ultem,and recently got a blue one,but never needed a gold one until now so gotta grab that color too haha.
I can send you a gold cap/mouthpiece. I have a 22mm cap on the deck now. PM me your shipping addy if you want it.

Reactions: b.m.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
It would look good on mine but unfortunately I'm in the uk
20200110_152859.jpg

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@b.m. 20+? Well done sir.

I stopped at 7 Profiles. Wanted a few of the extra colours that was released after, but decided against it. I do not have any interest in the newer 1.5 version. If I find it on a blow out sale, perhaps I might grab one. And no interest in the Vandy Vape mesh renditions.

Also own 3 Unity’s and have to say these are probably my most used atomizer. Difficult to say what I find better. Both have their own pros and cons which has to be weighed in depending on use. But do not find the Unity to be difficult at wicking.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
@b.m. 20+? Well done sir.

I stopped at 7 Profiles. Wanted a few of the extra colours that was released after, but decided against it. I do not have any interest in the newer 1.5 version. If I find it on a blow out sale, perhaps I might grab one. And no interest in the Vandy Vape mesh renditions.

Also own 3 Unity’s and have to say these are probably my most used atomizer. Difficult to say what I find better. Both have their own pros and cons which has to be weighed in depending on use. But do not find the Unity to be difficult at wicking.
Originally i wasn't interested in any of the colors,so all i was getting was the black,but as the mods multiplied,i decided to do some color matching when possible,so that's when i started going with the various colors that i've gotten.I agree though,i have no interest in the Vandy vape rda's,the profile works extremely well for me,as i mentioned before it works so well i knew from the first one i have no need to try any other rda's from then on.
The Unity is a very good one too.I don't use rta's,i'm 99% sqounk and 1% Billet box haha,but my son really liked the flavor from my profile,but doesn't like rda's,so i grabbed him a Unity and he was instantly hooked on it.I tried it when i first got it for him,and if i ever went back to rta's,it would definitely be the one i would use.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I can send you a gold cap/mouthpiece. I have a 22mm cap on the deck now. PM me your shipping addy if you want it.
Very cool,i definitely appreciate the offer,but i just bought the gold one earlier today.
Those 22mm caps are great,i wish they were still easy to find.I got lucky a few weeks back and found 1 place that still has them in stock,so i grabbed a few for a couple smaller mods i have that didn't look right with a 24mm on them.I may end up grabbing a couple more before that place sells out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread