Status
Not open for further replies.

Adee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
London uk
hey all

I mainly use RTAs (kayfuns) but do drip occasionally and have been using an Origen v3 for a while now and would like to get another rda.

I haven't really been paying much attention to new RDAs and last time I checked velocitys were the best for flavour. After a quick look around almost a year later it looks like goons are what most people seem to be raving about.

My 2 questions are out for the 2 above which is better for flavour and is there anything better on the market?

I don't buy lots of tanks so what I end up with will have to be good quality and built to last. Any help from you fine chaps and chapettes would be greatly appreciated:)

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
hey all

I mainly use RTAs (kayfuns) but do drip occasionally and have been using an Origen v3 for a while now and would like to get another RDA.

I haven't really been paying much attention to new RDAs and last time I checked velocitys were the best for flavour. After a quick look around almost a year later it looks like goons are what most people seem to be raving about.

My 2 questions are out for the 2 above which is better for flavour and is there anything better on the market?

I don't buy lots of tanks so what I end up with will have to be good quality and built to last. Any help from you fine chaps and chapettes would be greatly appreciated:)

I have a goon for my tube mech and I like it but I also have about 10-15 RDA's and RTA's (mostly RDA's) but the one that I run 98% of the time is my Mason RDA. It has tons of airflow and is adjustable all the way down to MTL hits. Idk what size of RDA your looking for wether it's 22mm or 24mm but the Mason has RDA's ranging in size from 24mm all the way up to a 40mm. I have the 27mm Mason and going to be getting the 40mm in the next week or so but for the 27mm being a larger RDA I was surprised at the flavor that it gives. I would say the flavor on the Mason is just as good as the goon but I have a larger build deck so I'm able to play around with the more larger exotic builds in it (I run mostly aliens and staggered fused claptons). May want to take a look at them and watch some reviews on YouTube (I watch reviews on any new item I'm wanting to get or in your case between 2 or 3 items I'll watch a few reviews on all of them to get multiple opinions from different reviewers then I'll make my decision on which one I'm going to purchase). Good luck in your search and I bet you will like whichever RDA you end up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
London uk
I have a goon for my tube mech and I like it but I also have about 10-15 RDA's and RTA's (mostly RDA's) but the one that I run 98% of the time is my Mason RDA. It has tons of airflow and is adjustable all the way down to MTL hits. Idk what size of RDA your looking for wether it's 22mm or 24mm but the Mason has RDA's ranging in size from 24mm all the way up to a 40mm. I have the 27mm Mason and going to be getting the 40mm in the next week or so but for the 27mm being a larger RDA I was surprised at the flavor that it gives. I would say the flavor on the Mason is just as good as the goon but I have a larger build deck so I'm able to play around with the more larger exotic builds in it (I run mostly aliens and staggered fused claptons). May want to take a look at them and watch some reviews on YouTube (I watch reviews on any new item I'm wanting to get or in your case between 2 or 3 items I'll watch a few reviews on all of them to get multiple opinions from different reviewers then I'll make my decision on which one I'm going to purchase). Good luck in your search and I bet you will like whichever RDA you end up with.

Thanks for the advice wheelin. The mason does sound pretty cool. Unfortunately I'm after a 22mm RDA so will have to rule that out. All my mods (apart from an old 26650 mech) can only hold 22mm tanks and I hate overhang

Reactions: Wheelin247

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Thanks for the advice wheelin. The mason does sound pretty cool. Unfortunately I'm after a 22mm RDA so will have to rule that out. All my mods (apart from an old 26650 mech) can only hold 22mm tanks and I hate overhang

I totally understand that. I'm .... about overhang and can't stand it in any of my mods. Are you looking strictly for an RDA? What about RTA's?

Reactions: Adee

Adee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
London uk
I totally understand that. I'm .... about overhang and can't stand it in any of my mods. Are you looking strictly for an RDA? What about RTA's?

Yeah strictly RDAs. 90% of the time I use RTAs while at work and have a load of kayfuns. I MTL most of the time however it's just nice to come home, put my feet up and use a dripper now and again doing some deep lung hits.

I mainly use 6mg nic but my fave e juice supplier is only making 3mg now hence the interest back to RDAs. Need that throat hit;)

Reactions: Wheelin247

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Yeah strictly RDAs. 90% of the time I use RTAs while at work and have a load of kayfuns. I MTL most of the time however it's just nice to come home, put my feet up and use a dripper now and again doing some deep lung hits.

I mainly use 6mg nic but my fave e juice supplier is only making 3mg now hence the interest back to RDAs. Need that throat hit;)

I'm not much into the small RDA's. The smallest one I have is the goon and it only gets used when trying to clone premium juices so I can taste the premium and I have another RDA that I can put my clone juice in so I can get it as close to the premium juice as I can. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck in finding the RDA your looking for!

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
You might like a hadaly. 22mm, slightly restricted lung hit, single coil, flavor is good af. If you're looking at blowing clouds, the csmnt rda is good too. Dual coil, not as wide open as goon. For me, the goon just wasn't giving me good flavor no matter what I throw in it.

I'm biased, theses are only 2 I'm using after trying out most RDAs out there.

Mary Lynn Z

Dec 6, 2016
You might like a hadaly. 22mm, slightly restricted lung hit, single coil, flavor is good af. If you're looking at blowing clouds, the csmnt rda is good too. Dual coil, not as wide open as goon. For me, the goon just wasn't giving me good flavor no matter what I throw in it.

I second the Hadaly. It is excellent for flavor. I have 2 Goons and like the more open airflow and they just work. I have one on a mech and one on a sqonker. The Hadaly I have is actually a clone by SXK and is quite good for under $12. I also have a CSMNT and while it's good, the flavor doesn't seem that different from my Goons (could be the build I am using).
Good luck!

Adee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
London uk

Haven't heard of the hadaly before. Just checked it out and seems ok. There's a shop not far away from me that sells it so might check it out. Thanks mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread