Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
so the air must be that center post in between the coils... interesting !
I love the idea of seeing whats going on in there... glass. Can be ugly but ok with me.
Aris by council of vapor just introduced ar ECC..looks like a nice airflow design but I'm definitely not into the glass cap because my coils just ain't that purdy.

10548231_732891483449120_5739254446549862494_o.jpg

mantos

Aug 27, 2014
Greece
Have u checked Eviva-D yet?
A 2-post design, using a ceramic cup or a ss ceramic replacement. The air hits the resistance from the bottom.
As a dripper, it holds 1+ml of juice. The flavor is just unbeatable. Too intense!!

Check that review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWAU6R4ygKA

The difference in dripper version is just the top cap.
Hope u like it..

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
If you had to pick between the Achilles and the Prometey, what would you choose? What are the key differences? I see the Achilles has a deep well, which the Prometey lacks

I've posted a lot about these 2... P2 has filler and can juice can be picked up from the base as well so you can get best of both worlds. Achilles has deep wells but no filler so you run out of juice sooner (although 1.5ml is quite a lot for a dripper).

Problem with Achilles is that often you can't drip through the D/T without getting some juice in center air post.... but taking to top cap off is easy and well worth the effort as the under-coil air post is what makes the flavor shine!

P2 is best imo because how much juice it can hold and doesn't seem to get juice in the air post when dripping as long as you tilt, and than lean to get the juice up into the filler. It also can hold about 1/2 ml juice at the base (at least).

Both have supreme flavor and sufficient vapor. I use both and wouldn't trade either of them.

caveat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
United States
I've got a Prometey and an Eclipse on order so I can't speak to those yet, but I did try out the Aris and so far I really like it.

I think they're dead on with bragging about it being leak proof. I've been using it on a pipe the last couple of days, and so I'm always laying it down and it's not leaked once. I think the only way you could get it to leak would be if the wicks were touching the airflow posts or if you filled it up past the coils.

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
Picked me up an Aris as well. I really like it so far. Flavor is as good as anything I've ever used (Magma, Cyclone AFC), and it is indeed leak-proof. I like it because I can run dual coils without worrying about leaking while mobile (something I've not been able to do with any other atty I've tried). Airflow is interesting...kinda restricted but that's how I like it anyhow. Fit and finish is pretty good, totally acceptable when you take the retail of only $50 into account.

I like it!

caveat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
United States
Picked me up an Aris as well. I really like it so far. Flavor is as good as anything I've ever used (Magma, Cyclone AFC), and it is indeed leak-proof. I like it because I can run dual coils without worrying about leaking while mobile (something I've not been able to do with any other atty I've tried). Airflow is interesting...kinda restricted but that's how I like it anyhow. Fit and finish is pretty good, totally acceptable when you take the retail of only $50 into account.

I like it!
Totally agree. Flavor is on par with my Cyclone AFC. The only way I think you could get a leak is accidentally pulling off the top cap.

Looks killer too. The only thing I could wish for is to make it a bottom feeder.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Totally agree. Flavor is on par with my Cyclone AFC. The only way I think you could get a leak is accidentally pulling off the top cap.

Looks killer too. The only thing I could wish for is to make it a bottom feeder.

Ask Chowderhead of Catfish atomizers here on ecf... he's considering all atomizers for b/f

Shipmonster

Aug 13, 2014
Paradise

I like it!

Can you post some pictures on how you coiled that thing?

I went to order one and (of course) out of stock.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california

Got my lancia from vaping tech. Tolerances are good but my glass sleeve was away to tight. Even after lubing the orings. I forced it and cracked the glass.
Arrgg! No biggy! The lancia has been deemed a leaker so I highly recommend before you assemble it, clean it, pick the inserts you want (dual opposing, quad or single) and get a tube of high temp silicone. I put a dab around the bottom portion of each of my inserts and slipped them in. I cleaned up any residual in the deck w/ paper towel and let it set for 24 hrs. I cleaned it again in some warm soapy water then rinsed and dried. Built it with dual opposing 24g micros at0.22 ohms and I've gone through about 15 ml in this thing with no leaks at all. It's the insert pins that are leaking since they have no o- rings. Warm eliquid will find its way out unless they are sealed some how. Some people said they can only get like 8 to 10 drops in it but I've been going 20 drops each re-drip with no leaks. Obviously it will also depend on the bottle tip size or gauge of luer lock needle but for me it's a keeper for sure.

Mine is fantastic. I use rayon for wicking and it's a bit tricky getting the right amount in but it wicks and hits like a champ.

No regrets here

Pic on my scorpion
image.jpg

Last edited:

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I also have an original hobo.

Far right
image.jpg

It's a great rda and it's super short but holds a lot of liquid. Great vapor production and good flavor.
I love how short it is using the hybrid adapter on my stingray x

It has been sitting most of the day however because the lancia is impressing me.

I've got a bunch of mods in rotation w/ different flavors and toppers. These are just a few I'm using today.
I've got a few months of resting left from back surgery so I've been putting vape gear through its paces

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread