Re-launch of .................... :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Green Sky

Sep 20, 2013
Pasadena, CA
That's a nice idea. I like it. Do you suggest updating the date on every save, or just when toggling private?

Good question. I'm not sure :)

On one hand a new save would imply a change or update in which case the date should be updated, but on the other it would then be possible to game the system by re-saving frequently which would place the recipe back at the top (and thus more likely to get more views & votes).

Maybe enable it for all saves and if it's abused fall back to just on private/public toggle?

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Good question. I'm not sure :)

On one hand a new save would imply a change or update in which case the date should be updated, but on the other it would then be possible to game the system by re-saving frequently which would place the recipe back at the top (and thus more likely to get more views & votes).

Maybe enable it for all saves and if it's abused fall back to just on private/public toggle?

Ha. I didn't even consider that it could be abused like that. I think I will leave it as it is for now - I changed it, so the date is updated when you toggle the private flag...

Also, I've changed the auto completer, so a search for "tpa bavarian" will SHOW "Bavarian Cream - The Flavor/Perfumer's Apprentice" in the dropdown, but when you select it, it will show as "Bavarian Cream (TPA)" - Not sure if this will confuse people, I hope not ;)

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Haven't had much feedback on the new auto completer, so I am guessing that people think it's ok :)

I am contemplating adding "admin notes" to flavors, so that when we know that a flavor is suspicious, it will show up on the flavor details page. If it is severe enough, maybe even show a warning on a recipe using the flavor.

Problem is, where do we get all the warnings/suspicions from?

Also I cleaned up quite a bit of flavors/duplicates.

I've taken contact to a few resellers, so I can add links to where to buy them - But I haven't heard back from most of them. Anyone know of sites that has a good affiliate program that also gives users discounts?

makaluch

Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
Great work! I really like this recipe site! I suspect experienced DIYers will use it as their personal web recipe box more than anything.

I'm considering jumping into DIY just to save a few bucks on a handful of easy favorites. It seems this site doesn't offer much for the 'just entering' group. I'll spend more time there and see if I can offer some ideas from new-guy, fresh eyes. Not sure if this is in your site goals list.

Last edited:

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
just signed up its a great site , took about an hour adding all my flaves about half were there the rest i added
exp ( Lemon super concentrate (vz) ) i use alot of the super concentrates from vaping zone , i like that there are a ton of recipes ive been making my own juice for almost a year now i use RecipeLab juice calculator that i got from Todds Review its no longer avaliable but i found it the best and easiest calculator a lot less confusing than other ones, just wanted to give you a shout out and say thanks for the hard work you do

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Great work! I really like this recipe site! I suspect experienced DIYers will use it as their personal web recipe box more than anything.

I'm considering jumping into DIY just to save a few bucks on a handful of easy favorites. It seems this site doesn't offer much for the 'just entering' group. I'll spend more time there and see if I can offer some ideas from new-guy, fresh eyes. Not sure if this is in your site goals list.

Thanks :) I agree -- There are around 750 public recipes, and almost 8000 private ones :)
I know a few "business" juicers use the site too.

Falcon13 said:
I checked it out and was looking at some of the high star ones and noticed a lot of them well all that i looked at had no comments. anyway you can encourage people to leave comments on there opinion of the recipe they tried

I agree - Not sure how I should encourage people to comment on them tough... Suggestions?

williebb123 said:
just signed up its a great site , took about an hour adding all my flaves about half were there the rest i added
exp ( Lemon super concentrate (vz) ) i use alot of the super concentrates from vaping zone , i like that there are a ton of recipes ive been making my own juice for almost a year now i use RecipeLab juice calculator that i got from Todds Review its no longer avaliable but i found it the best and easiest calculator a lot less confusing than other ones, just wanted to give you a shout out and say thanks for the hard work you do

Thank you :) I will soon go through the flavors and identify and eliminate VZ flavors. The more I do that, the better quality the data is, the easier it will be to find recipes with a specific flavor...

ClaireW said:
I stumbled across your site a few days ago. Nice work!

Thanks so much :)

Last edited:

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
how will i know super concentrate flavors if you remove the vz flavs i typically use them at 2%-4%

Ah you misunderstand because I wasn't clear. Sorry. I am going to eliminate duplicates and clean up flavor names :) Usually there are several different names for the same flavor, e.g. "Lemon super concentrate (VZ)", "Lemon super concentrate (vape zone)", "VZ: Lemon super" etc - I will go through them and merge the duplicates into one flavor. That way it's easier to see which recipes uses a specific flavor :)

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
Ah you misunderstand because I wasn't clear. Sorry. I am going to eliminate duplicates and clean up flavor names :) Usually there are several different names for the same flavor, e.g. "Lemon super concentrate (VZ)", "Lemon super concentrate (vape zone)", "VZ: Lemon super" etc - I will go through them and merge the duplicates into one flavor. That way it's easier to see which recipes uses a specific flavor :)

ok i got ya thanks.... are you really that bored lol , i thankyou again for all your hard work will add a few recipes myself in a few days

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
ok i got ya thanks.... are you really that bored lol , i thankyou again for all your hard work will add a few recipes myself in a few days

hahah no, absolutely not bored - I would just like to make a better site :)

Shopan said:
This is a FANTASTIC site!!!

Thanks so much :)

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I implemented warnings for LorAnn flavorings on my site. The details show like this warning, or this or this (login required) - I credit the sticky thread about lorann flavorings in this forum.

I would still love warnings for other brands! Anyone know where to find that out?

If I learn of any other flavorings that shouldn't be vaped, I'll post them here, but I love that idea!

MaxPower

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2009
Richmond, VA
I implemented warnings for LorAnn flavorings on my site. The details show like this warning, or this or this (login required) - I credit the sticky thread about lorann flavorings in this forum.

I would still love warnings for other brands! Anyone know where to find that out?

Check Dan's Calculator. It's got a tab with a listing of flavorings with some comments on each that list possible warnings. It doesn't have all the brands people are using now, but it's a good place to start.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/32206-ejuice-calculator-added-quantity-calculations.html

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
For those who haven't been to the site, here are most of the features described:

Without registering:

* You can make a recipe (as you've seen a lot of places)
* adapt an existing public recipe to suit your own preferences

When you register you can:

* Create a recipe
* Adapt an existing public recipe to suit your own preferences automagically
* Save your recipes
* Mark them as private or public
* Favorite recipes
* Rate recipes
* Comment on recipes
* Add flavors to your stash (done automatically when you create a recipe with flavors not in your stash).
* Add notes to flavors
* Rate flavors
* Search in flavors
* See minimum, maximum and average (and mean) mixing ratio of flavors
* See other peoples notes on flavors
* See other peoples ratings of flavors
* See if I know of any concerns with a flavor
* See which recipes uses a flavor
* See how many private recipes use a flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread