Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Good day kind folks of REOville! I know you folks get this a lot, but do bear with me pls :)

So recently I've started to seriously consider getting a REO. I adore box mods more than any other form factors, and I like the flavor from dripping; REOs just seem perfect for my preference.

I do consider myself a fairly advanced vaper, and have a good grasp of safety and rebuildables. Have gone through a bunch of APVs, but my daily drivers now have been whittled down to my trust ole provari, a zna30, and a nemmy (which died recently). I'm personally not a fan of mechs since I hate dealing with voltage dropoff, and I'm also a really lazy bloke when it comes to monitoring battery voltage (i've killed a bunch of batteries from overdischarging them hahaha).

but I want a REO. I wanna experience squishing on a little plastic bottle. I want a perfectly saturated wick on a dripper and never have to worry about leaking.

I'm still trying to decide between a LP mini or LP grand, but that's not critical for me right now. I do however have a couple of questions which can really help to push me over the edge and onto buying one.

1) The RM2: I know most of you folks swear by the RM2, and I'm sure it's a great atty. unfortunately there are a couple of issues with it that I find to be a significant deal breaker.

the first is the lack of AFC. I know most folks have a preferred draw and can stick to one single hole size. But I personally need to change my airflow throughout the day just to get the different types of satisfaction (i know I'm picky, but I vape differently when I wake up vs. after a meal vs. relaxing vs stealth vaping). Was wondering if anyone knows what other RDA with AFC has top cap that's interchangeable with a RM2 base?

The other issue with the RM2 is that I prefer dual-coils and use twisted wires exclusively, so they do get pretty fat. a 2 post atty unfortunately doesn't work too well for me. Was wondering about folk's experience with dual coiling on a RM2 (coils on opposite sides, not stacked on top), whether the juice hole positioning is sufficiently efficient for juicing a set up like that, and experience with 2x thick wires through a single post hole.

2) Related to my first point - Availability of botton-fed toppers: Not sure how else to put this, except there is barely any readily available ones on the market, and whatever is available (with AFC, aka the cyclone BF + AFC) is impossible to find. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong places, but are there actually readily available BF-modded drippers with AFC + good flavor? (I don't care for cloud chasing). If not, are there readily avail service out there for BF-modding RDAs? I know there's the whole art of DIY modding drippers to become BF, but I had to be truthful, I should probably be issued a permanent restraining order that prevents me from going anywhere near a drill or dremel.

3) Size: just as a bonus for me, if folks could kindly share pictures of the reo mini or grand side by side common objects like an iPhone 5, it'll be great for me just to have a good idea of the size. My intent is for my REO to primarily serve as my PV when I'm out at a club or bar or when I'm out on meetings with my dress pants on, so size is a pretty big deciding factor, although not a deal breaker.

so yeap. ANY input at all is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
So recently I've started to seriously consider getting a REO. I adore box mods more than any other form factors, and I like the flavor from dripping; REOs just seem perfect for my preference.

...but I want a REO. I wanna experience squishing on a little plastic bottle. I want a perfectly saturated wick on a dripper and never have to worry about leaking.

OK at this point you have no option, Reo for you is the only option, a very good one at that. You have ticked more Reo boxes than I knew existed.

To answer your other questions:

1)There are no AFC top caps that work on an RM2 base that are for sale that I know of. There are pics of prototype AFC. The juice hole will fill the the chamber and the drip tip and overflow it, if one loses concentration. Where it is positioned doesn't really matter.

2) I don't get it, you are saying you don't chase clouds yet you want dual coils and AFC? I think you are over-thinking the whole thing. The RM2 kicks Ayuss, single coil Ayuss. The Reo kicks the RM2's Ayuss too. Proly best to just try it and see how much Ayuss it kicks first, before venturing into other possibilities, which are plentifully discussed around here.

3)http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/161169-reo-measurements-parts-terminology.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...escriptions-comparisons-more.html#post7972642

And, welcome to Reoville!! It is a good place, really, there are many good people here, and lots of help if you have questions.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
OK at this point you have no option, Reo for you is the only option, a very good one at that. You have ticked more Reo boxes than I knew existed.

To answer your other questions:

1)There are no AFC top caps that work on an RM2 base that are for sale that I know of. There are pics of prototype AFC. The juice hole will fill the the chamber and the drip tip and overflow it, if one loses concentration. Where it is positioned doesn't really matter.

2) I don't get it, you are saying you don't chase clouds yet you want dual coils and AFC? I think you are over-thinking the whole thing. The RM2 kicks Ayuss, single coil Ayuss. The Reo kicks the RM2's Ayuss too. Proly best to just try it and see how much Ayuss it kicks first, before venturing into other possibilities, which are plentifully discussed around here.

3)http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/161169-reo-measurements-parts-terminology.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...escriptions-comparisons-more.html#post7972642

And, welcome to Reoville!! It is a good place, really, there are many good people here, and lots of help if you have questions.

Ah a reply! Thank you!

Hahah I was hoping someone would say that I could just pop an atomic/trident/Helios topcap on and it would work :p

I like dual coils only because I like very warm vapes. Which is why I also build duals on my kayfun :) if there's one thing that's still stuck with me from my smoking days, it's the feeling of warm air.

As for AFC, I guess I didn't wanna bore anyone but here goes.

In the morning, my senses are wonky, and I like to use a smaller airhole and get a more intense flavor and throat hit with my coffee. Mouth to lung pulls.

After meals, I like to take long lung hits, just because I like the feel of a lung fill and it completes the meal.

In the office, I turn down the airholes to stealth vape.

And when I'm having a beer at the end of the night, I take a loose airy mouth to lung while slothing on my couch.

I know. I know. I'm weird as hell. But it's one of those things that I personally think is important to my vaping experience. Yup!

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
OK what's to stop you fitting the atty you have with AFC to a Reo? The LP Reo Grand will take nearly any diameter atty. OOps, maybe its not a bottom feed, OK, I understand, that can be remedied in many cases.

What I do, in the morning, with no AFC, is I plan my battery changes so my battery is near to needing recharge when I wake up. I get a mellow but sufficient vape for the first hour, then swap in fresh batts to take me through the day.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
OK what's to stop you fitting the atty you have with AFC to a Reo? The LP Reo Grand will take nearly any diameter atty. OOps, maybe its not a bottom feed, OK, I understand, that can be remedied in many cases.

Then... Then I wouldn't get to enjoy squishing on a squishy plastic bottle! Unless I BF-mod it and I just know myself. I'll end up modding one of my body parts instead. Face palm.

Maybe I'm asking for too much? I kinda just wanna screw on one BF rda with AFC, and never worry about anything except for rewicking, squonking and batteries.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
The only atty at the moment w/ afc would be the Cyclone that is or has been made for BF, though there are quite a few here lately that is modding the Atomic for BF to fit on the LP Reo. There are other choices out there to mod but unfortunately they are of the 22mm variety. The problem with that is you can only slide the door off the mod from the bottom. They won't allow the door to be slid upward as they are loo large an OD. There has been good feedback for the Atomic lately. There are a few threads here on the forum that has pics and such for it.

Here are the links I mentioned...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/566507-bf-experiment.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/550102-fatty-atty-your-lp.html

Last edited:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
The only atty at the moment w/ afc would be the Cyclone that is or has been made for BF, though there are quite a few here lately that is modding the Atomic for BF to fit on the LP Reo. There are other choices out there to mod but unfortunately they are of the 22mm variety. The problem with that is you can only slide the door off the mod from the bottom. They won't allow the door to be slid upward as they are loo large an OD. There has been good feedback for the Atomic lately. There are a few threads here on the forum that has pics and such for it.

Here are the links I mentioned...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/566507-bf-experiment.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/550102-fatty-atty-your-lp.html

Hahaha yeah I've read all those threads. But unfortunately there is just no way I can decently mod it myself without mass destruction. Yes, im one of those guys who cannot handle power tools to save his life. Hahahahahah.

Any idea if there are any independent modders who offer such services? I would maybe want to convert 2 attys max, and would be more than happy to pay to get it done. Heck I don't even need it to look pretty as long as it works.

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
Hey there Kiwi. Good to see you over here in REOville, last I heard you were over there in Mr. Mundy's thread, are you using MM wire now?

Personally I've been loving the warm vape of a .6ohm 3 wrap MM single coil in my RM2. But for duals the cyclone with AFC will be your best bet right now, if you can find one. I heard through the grape vine that VA is going to start production back up soon and restock suppliers in the coming months.

In regards to AFC on an RM2 check this thread out http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ir-hole-battery-charge-its-all-connected.html It does require some DIY'ing and it doesn't exactly look "elegant" but it's a solution to a problem.

A really great atty to look into is the Origen V2 BF which I believe has AFC.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Hahaha yeah I've read all those threads. But unfortunately there is just no way I can decently mod it myself without mass destruction. Yes, im one of those guys who cannot handle power tools to save his life. Hahahahahah.

Any idea if there are any independent modders who offer such services? I would maybe want to convert 2 attys max, and would be more than happy to pay to get it done. Heck I don't even need it to look pretty as long as it works.

There are a few people on here. Pdib, Xobeloot, and Quigsworth come to mind at the moment.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Hey there Ino. Good to see you over here in REOville, last I heard you were over there in Mr. Mundy's thread, are you using MM wire now?

Personally I've been loving the warm vape of a .6ohm 3 wrap MM single coil in my RM2. But for duals the cyclone with AFC will be your best bet right now, if you can find one. I heard through the grape vine that VA is going to start production back up soon and restock suppliers in the coming months.

In regards to AFC on an RM2 check this thread out http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ir-hole-battery-charge-its-all-connected.html It does require some DIY'ing and it doesn't exactly look "elegant" but it's a solution to a problem.

A really great atty to look into is the Origen V2 BF which I believe has AFC.

Yeap! I have a trident v2 that's permanently designated a 0.6 ohms MM coil, and a couple of other drippers for messing with builds :)

In any case, I'm just gonna go ahead and pick one up along with a RM2 and see how it goes!

Just gotta make my mind up on a grand or a mini. Snicker.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Yeap! I have a trident v2 that's permanently designated a 0.6 ohms MM coil, and a couple of other drippers for messing with builds :)

In any case, I'm just gonna go ahead and pick one up along with a RM2 and see how it goes!

Just gotta make my mind up on a grand or a mini. Snicker.

You will want the Grand. If you look at the pics you will find that the only real difference is the height and weight. The increased battery size and lasting ability, along with the 6ml bottle make the Grand the standard for a first REO.

You will see pics of a Mini. Now that is the first version. It is no longer in production. Only the Mini 2.1 size is now offered. It is the perfect pocket REO for a back-up. Yes, some use it exclusively. But be ready to carry some juice and a battery for a long day.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I purchased a mini for my first Reo and should've listened to all the advice I had received to go with the grand. Fortunately for me I found someone a month later to swap my mini for a grand and haven't looked back ever since. The grand really is much smaller than it looks in all the pics I have seen of it. Just for the battery and 6ml bottle it uses has made all the difference in my vaping journey so far... Now all I need to do is mill down the catch cup and it will be complete...

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
+1 for getting the LP Grand. If you are concerned about weight you can always get a SL (super-light)
qagyhere.jpg

Last edited:

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Quigsworth did a fantastic job on my Trident V2, and at no charge! Doesn't sound like he's going to do another trident though, I believe he snapped a drill bit in the process, poor guy. If you can get someone else to mod a Trident V2, it will allow the door to slide up and down because it's a narrower RDA

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
I read that the stock Cyclone cap will fit an Igo BF that Rob sells. If that's the case, you can just get the Igo and purchase a separate Cyclone AFC (those are more readily available at least where I am) to get that AFC requirement down. Since you are using RBAs exclusively, I'd suggest you get an LP Reo Grand. Just send Rob an email through his support contact at his site or PM him here and he'll be able to hook you up to your finish of choice.

I hope this helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread