Ready to Try This - Need Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirscottyOG

May 21, 2010
Michigan
1st of all, this site is amazing! I have spent an hour on it and probably haven't seen 1/10th of it.

That being the case and not having the time to dive into all, here's my story.

I want to QUIT smoking and eventually quit nicotine. 20 year habit. Have gotten down from 2 packs of M-Reds a day to 1 pack of M-Ultra lights. Now need to get rid of the tar, smoke, etc so I can be around for my family.

Looking for something simple with cartridges. Cost effective but not cheap to the point of breaking. Would prefer a supplier as close to the armpit of the US (michigan) as possible to ensure timely delivery. My timeframe to get off analogs is ASAP. 6 months or less to be off the nicotine too.

I've been researching e-cigs all week and there is just so many out there, I am clueless to determine reputable brands, suppliers, etc. Want to make sure I am not buying from someone who is making them from old cell phones in a tent at an RV park.

Anything you can help with would be great!

Looking forward to supporting this forum!!

ImABurger

Apr 25, 2010
Florida
Welcome! You will find a wellspring of info here and a lot of options. But here is the General welcome for those look for their first ecig:

Joye510 is an excellent unit. It primaraly uses cartridges but there has been an influx of new 510 cartomizers (the atomizer and cart in the same casing). Cartomizers (or "cartos") have found a place here and have been highly reviewed as a great new option. As far as suppliers go, Cignot.com seems to a favorite for all things 510/eGo. Janty is pretty reputable as well.

The eGo is a good option for you considering how long you have been smoking. It has longer battery life and, from what I understand, better throat hit and vapor production. It is a bit higher in price, but worth it.

For Juices: Liquidxpress has 510 cartos (blank and prefilled) and many juices. Welcome to LiquidXpress

I am sure there will be more people jumping in here to serve you and welcome you to the wonderful world of vaping! :vapor:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
sirscottie, Actually I'd like to try one of those cell phone ones. Where's that RV park? :)
Just jokin'. Welcome Michigander. Tons of us showin' up here lately. If you're looking for suggestions on which device to buy you're gonna get tons of responses. I'll just tell you what my experience is. I ordered a "Health-e-Cigarette kit in the beginning of Feb. determined to give up the smokes. It cost me like $80.00 and was an absolute piece of feces! The 10 pack of cartridges that were supposed to be equal to a carton of cigs were gone in the first day so I logged on to this forum and went to the Michigan vapers section asking for help. A nice lady out near West Bloomfield agreed to meet me at a bar and sold me a DSE 901 kit with 2 full ecigs, charger and bottle of juice. The 901 worked for me for a couple weeks and then I got tired of charging batteries. I had 2 chargers going and 4 batteries in rotation at all times so I started looking into battery mods. Now I mix my own juice and make my own mods. I still use the 901 attys. I like them. I've tried the 510 attys too which are fine but I think I prefer the 901s. I don't know where you're at in Mich. but I'd be glad to help in any way I can. Good luck!

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Sounds to me like you would be happy with a 510. If you want a stronger "hit" and I say this because of what analogs that you smoked, I would go with the 510. A 901 might not be strong enough for you.

Madvapes sells an awesome 510 mega kit

510 Mega Kit with no Box

It's a great price !

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
I recommend Vapor4Life-Because it's your life - E-Cigarettes/Smoking Alternatives for all newcomers. Simple and higher quality stuff--good prices. No constant refilling, long battery life, easy to use. The batteries are kr8, but tweaked for improvements. They have a product developer over in China overseeing things. Great warrantee...lots of flavors and choices, freebees, fast shipping, constant improvements.

Also cignot is great too from what I hear!

Last edited:

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
the closest supplier I know of to you is Great Lakes Vapor. It is in Michigan and they are a good company.
I agree that ordering a Ego from Cignot.com is a good idea. They also carry the cig style 510 but the Ego is the 510 on steroids, the battery life is 6 hours or more, where as the cig styles ( all of them) the battery life is about 3 hours.

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
the closest supplier I know of to you is Great Lakes Vapor. It is in Michigan and they are a good company.
I agree that ordering a Ego from Cignot.com is a good idea. They also carry the cig style 510 but the Ego is the 510 on steroids, the battery life is 6 hours or more, where as the cig styles ( all of them) the battery life is about 3 hours.

Rocky Mountain Vapor is also in Michigan. Fraser to be exact. One to two day turn around time (for me, also in Michigan) and good prices. :2c:

http://shop.rockymountainvapor.com/main.sc

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Generally I don't recommend things to new users until I learn what they are looking for.
But I just realized I am very comfortable in recommending ALL new users get a 510 to start with.

There is no reason in the world not to get a 510 to start out with.

If you wind up feeling that cartridges are a pain, the 510 now has cartomizers.
If you wind up needing longer battery life, the 510 has megabatteries and PCCs.
If you wind up needing bigger cartridges, the 510 has megacartridges.
If you wind up wanting a high voltage experience, they now have low resistance atomizers.
If you wind up wanting a gentler experience, they have 510 atomizers with higher resistance.

If you wind up wanting to move to a bigger battery, you can just buy the eGo/Tornado battery.
If you wind up wanting even bigger batteries, then you can finally get a mod.
:)

Last edited:

skypilotEd

Apr 27, 2010
Dixon, Ca
I have found that some of the hassles can be a bit annoying. One of the biggest being the batteries. Solved that part a bit by buying a manual USB pass through. There are alot of people saying that a 2 amp adapter is necessary but I have had good results just using a little powered USB hub that I had lying around.
Next cartridges: the price prefilled are a bit pricy. The flavor of these prefilled can be a bit nasty with some models both of which pertain to the PURE SMOKE ecigs that I started with. Less of a problem with the popular models.
Suggestion get what you think will work from reading everything here that you can. Then order some flavors from Tasty Vapors.us wait a bit he's having some trouble with the site (maybe a week) and get blank cartridges and fill your own. I too smoke ultralights pack a day for 40 years and buy 12mc one oz. bottles with a 4 oz. doubler and dilute by 1/2 to get 6mc of nicotine so I can just vape on no problems and you can't beat 5 ozs. of juice for $30. A couple of flavors might last you through your quitting date and his flavors are to dye for.
So buy whatever batteries tha will last a long time for when at work and out and about and a pass through for at home, fill your own carts and have fun quitting. I AM
Now using a KR808 PT and my Pure Smoke during the week until my new KR808 380 mah mega batteries get here. They are said to last 8 hrs plus which was my determing factor in ordering the PT.
Oh yeh get manual batts and PT's I found it's too easy to foul a battery if it's auto, but you might prefer the effect of the auto.

congo1986

May 20, 2010
Albuquerque
I definitely recommend the EGO. It has changed my opinion of Ecigs. I used to have a smaller sized ecig, called the vapor king. It was ok, but I would kill the batteries fast, and buying cartomizers were expensive, and a pain to drip if I wanted to save money. The Ego, one battery lasts all day, batteries and atomizers have warranties that are honored, and this thing produces great flavor and smoke. Its really easy to drip, and really needs not modifications.

congo1986

May 20, 2010
Albuquerque
Many, many thanks!! I just ordered an eGO. For an extra $10 over the 510 for the kit, seemed ok to me.

Will be (not) firing up when it comes. Bought from ecig. Hopefully it get's here soon. The 'last carton' is winding down.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

I do not think you will regret it! I thought it might be hard to switch from analogs to an ecig, but the transition with this device was flawless for me! I started at 24mg of nic, and I am down to 12mg juices in just a month.

bl00ddr1nka

May 19, 2010
1st of all, this site is amazing! I have spent an hour on it and probably haven't seen 1/10th of it.

That being the case and not having the time to dive into all, here's my story.

I want to QUIT smoking and eventually quit nicotine. 20 year habit. Have gotten down from 2 packs of M-Reds a day to 1 pack of M-Ultra lights. Now need to get rid of the tar, smoke, etc so I can be around for my family.

Looking for something simple with cartridges. Cost effective but not cheap to the point of breaking. Would prefer a supplier as close to the armpit of the US (michigan) as possible to ensure timely delivery. My timeframe to get off analogs is ASAP. 6 months or less to be off the nicotine too.

I've been researching e-cigs all week and there is just so many out there, I am clueless to determine reputable brands, suppliers, etc. Want to make sure I am not buying from someone who is making them from old cell phones in a tent at an RV park.

Anything you can help with would be great!

Looking forward to supporting this forum!!
I have to agree with just about everyone else here. The 510 model is amazing. I have never tried the joye but from what I hear the batteries.. also the pcc (personal charging case) for looks like crap. I suggest that you order a magma from volcanoecigs. It is an awesome working 510 model that comes with a sleek, stylish smart pcc. Also on average I charge the battery once a day if even and it constantly produces awesome vapor and throat hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread