Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
OK, I've been vaping the 2mm Ready-Wick for a couple of hours now. For me has a better taste than silica or cotton. It holds the juice very well. I will be putting this in all my Reo builds.

FYI I'm using the Wire Gizmo and wrapping 9 wraps of 29 gauge Kanthal around the 1.5mm mandril for 1.4ohms. I install the coil on the RM2, adjust the coil, then thread the wick. The wick fits perfect. Not too tight, not too loose.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I ordered some of this on Friday and received it today. I recently changed to .055 dia. coils and found they have a tendency to burn just slightly warmer and I have been burning my cotton wicks in half usually inside of 1-1.5 days. Was getting frustrated and thought I would give the slim 2mm a chance. I have never had any luck with silica or ekowool at all and found they just seemed to always have a nasty taste to them. I have found the ReadyxWick to be very clean and haven't really tasted anything like the others. It pretty much vaped clean from the start. The only thing I don't really care for is it seems that 5/64" diameter coils seem to be the only size that works with it. It is too big for a 1/16" micro coil. I will continue to vape it for a few days and then check back in and let everyone know my thoughts on it...

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I ordered some of this on Friday and received it today. I recently changed to .055 dia. coils and found they have a tendency to burn just slightly warmer and I have been burning my cotton wicks in half usually inside of 1-1.5 days. Was getting frustrated and thought I would give the slim 2mm a chance. I have never had any luck with silica or ekowool at all and found they just seemed to always have a nasty taste to them. I have found the ReadyxWick to be very clean and haven't really tasted anything like the others. It pretty much vaped clean from the start. The only thing I don't really care for is it seems that 5/64" diameter coils seem to be the only size that works with it. It is too big for a 1/16" micro coil. I will continue to vape it for a few days and then check back in and let everyone know my thoughts on it...
By cutting it to point and screwing it into the coil I can get into .055", 1.5mm/ .059" and 1/16, .0625 coils.

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
2yvu9aqe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Try slipping a large paper clip inside, and wrapping right directly on it. It's a slightly smaller dinner than my 1/16 and I'm still getting nice touching coils... 9 wrap with 28 gauge at about .95 ohm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By cutting it to point and screwing it into the coil I can get into .055", 1.5mm/ .059" and 1/16, .0625 coils.

I'll have to give these a try when I get a chance... Thanks...

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Just ordered 2 feet of the slim 2mm to try.
I have been an advocate for xc ceramic wicks for awhile now as they are soooooooo maintance free! I used to use cotton exclusively. Great flavor, great wicking etc. but seemed to always find my self having to rewick every day or accidently burning up the wick or being out and about having to rewick, always a challenge when driving I might add and always having to be pay attention to squonking frequency. With the xc I just build a coil with it and forget about it. Good to go for at least a month with no issues! I just dry burn at the end of the day and it's like brand new everytime! Squonk, vape until it feels like going dry, and squonk again! No burning, breaking, dissintigration traits of cotton.
Just my 2cents!
Going to try this as the XC I have been getting from another vendor says heat treated but only like 700 degrees from what I remember. I want to see if there is a difference in taste, quality, wicking diferences. Higher heat treatment makes me feel safer.

Glad to see people are seeing the light on XC!! :)
For reasons I have stated above I have been using nothing else since I started using XC last year. Once in while I'll try to convince myself to give cotton another try since I have a box of it in a drawer but just can't justify the daily hassle after using the XC. Yes, I'm lazy and like maintance free as possible. Plus the vape is very consistent. I'm looking forward to trying this and comparing the the XC I have been getting from SNG vapor. Theirs is only heat treated to 750 degrees.
So... welcome new XC vapers!!!! :)

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Glad to see a few people giving a shot .... or a second shot with this stuff.

I've never been this excited about the performance of wicking material ..... ever.

Everything I own has ready wick in it now and it handles it all with ease.

Isn't it exciting to get excited over a new vape discovery???:) Owning a REO, and an RBA, and discovering DIY juice, there was not much left to get excited about!:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread