Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
rba Supplies has just started selling a new size ReadyXwick !
They are calling it "Slim" and saying it's 2mm ! (where they say the original is 3mm)
Same Price Though !

I'm sure it costs exactly the same to oven cure as the bigger. I think those of us that recently got this got the 2mm to put in our micro coils.

Last edited:

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Uh Oh... Perfect mod, perfect RBA, perfect coil, perfect wick. vaping was a time consuming hobby, now it's no muss no fuss. I DIY my juice, have 7 favorites. What do I do with all the spare time?

Well, you could help Rob figure out how to fit an 18650 and a 6ml bottle in an original Mini ;-)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I build coils on a 16 gauge luer needle. What size of ReadyX would I buy for this size build and would it slide into the coil?

I would get the 2mm ("slim") size, Laurin. I have ordered some that is coming tomorrow, so we'll see. That's about the same size I wrap. I have been using the Gizmo lately, but it makes coils about the same size as the 16 gauge needle.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
So I just ordered some of this guys.. I'm hoping to like this more than cotton.

If I normally wrap my micro coils with a 1/16th drill bit would the 2mm be the correct width for me?

Are you guys liking the spaced coils better or the micro coils?

I make a tight wrapped 1/16 micro coil and the 2mm Ready wick fits great.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
So i've been vaping the "slim" 2mm wick for a couple days now and so far I like it. The 1st coil I set up with it was a 5/64" tight wrap mini coil and it slid right in very easily and vaped pretty good. It seemed to gunk up kinda quick so I did a dry burn and that is when it went really wrong on me. I tried vaping it for a few hours, but it just wouldn't keep up and got quite a few dry hits. It just seemed to take forever to absorb any liquid after the dry burn and it even looked like it had a burnt spots on it at the ends of where the coils were. The dry hits on it aren't in the same ball park as cotton, but nasty to say the least. Grew very tired and frustrated and decided to re-do the coil again since it was suggested that it would work with a micro coil. Whipped up a 1/16" .9Ω coil and that is where it got interesting. My old eyes and shaky hands finally got a piece threaded, (you have to screw it into the coil), in it after about 15-20 minutes, but once it was in there it slid back and forth rather easily. It does have a very clean taste to it right from the 1st hit, unlike cotton, and vapes very well. The jury is still out as to the next time I have to do a dry burn to clean the coil again. It doesn't seem to have gunked up as fast with the micro vs. the mini coil though. Again, we will see how it does for a few more days and what it is like after a cleaning and dry burn. Hopefully it will go better with the next one...

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
So i've been vaping the "slim" 2mm wick for a couple days now and so far I like it. The 1st coil I set up with it was a 5/64" tight wrap mini coil and it slid right in very easily and vaped pretty good. It seemed to gunk up kinda quick so I did a dry burn and that is when it went really wrong on me. I tried vaping it for a few hours, but it just wouldn't keep up and got quite a few dry hits. It just seemed to take forever to absorb any liquid after the dry burn and it even looked like it had a burnt spots on it at the ends of where the coils were. The dry hits on it aren't in the same ball park as cotton, but nasty to say the least. Grew very tired and frustrated and decided to re-do the coil again since it was suggested that it would work with a micro coil. Whipped up a 1/16" .9Ω coil and that is where it got interesting. My old eyes and shaky hands finally got a piece threaded, (you have to screw it into the coil), in it after about 15-20 minutes, but once it was in there it slid back and forth rather easily. It does have a very clean taste to it right from the 1st hit, unlike cotton, and vapes very well. The jury is still out as to the next time I have to do a dry burn to clean the coil again. It doesn't seem to have gunked up as fast with the micro vs. the mini coil though. Again, we will see how it does for a few more days and what it is like after a cleaning and dry burn. Hopefully it will go better with the next one...

When I dry burn I keep giving it 5 to 6 second burns until no smoke at all rises.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Thats the same thing I did or at least that is what I think I did... I will try to make sure that is what I do next time. Thanks...

I have a feeling your coil was too loose the first time. I'm using the 1/16” coils with the 2mm ready-wick and I'm loving it. The first coil I tried to make was too loose and it just didn't work out well. Once I figured out (with help from here) how to thread the wick into my standard micro coil all was good.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I have a feeling your coil was too loose the first time. I'm using the 1/16” coils with the 2mm ready-wick and I'm loving it. The first coil I tried to make was too loose and it just didn't work out well. Once I figured out (with help from here) how to thread the wick into my standard micro coil all was good.

I had no problem with how it vaped until after I did a dry burn to clean the coil and wick after vaping it for a day... There was no real difference in the vape quality between the two different coil diameters. I have been vaping the micro for a day and a half so far and will maybe clean it tomorrow and see if the same thing happens.

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
I have 2mm that should be delivered today. I have 3mm but its too big for micro coils. I am hoping this stuff works good. I think the cotton hurts my throat after a while. I will re-wick my 2 RM2's and my 2 KFL+'s as soon as it gets here. It should be good in the RM2's but not sure how it will do in the KFL's. I'm not sure how a single 2mm wick will do in the KFL. Will report back after I give it a whirl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread