Really bad day but so far I have not strayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Smoking for me was not just about the nic. I was a way of dealing with stress and anxiety.

Last night I lost my Mom, she lives 1800 miles away and it was very quick and unexpected. After I pulled myself together enough to start making phone calls to other family, I had another bomb dropped on me. My parents have been divorced for 40 some years. I called my Dad who is also in another state.

After I told him about Mom, he tells me that he has been hiding something from me. He's been being treated for lung cancer for several months.

I've not set my evod down for more than 10 minutes all day.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Prayers are sent. I am sending big hugs to you. And to your dad. I am very sorry for your loss and the news about your dad. That is a lot to handle all at once.

I went to the funeral of a close friend when I had been vaping for only about a of month. I made it through the day without having a cigarette. Make sure you have your backup with you and plenty of extra juice. You will be surprised at how well it will help you to get through the day.

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
Mrs C, I am so sorry for your loss! Sending prayers for you. I am glad to read you are staying strong and have not given in. I also used cigs to deal with stress. I have had more urges lately for that reason. Get yourself some higher nic, it really does help. I hope you continue to vape and get through this. Remember, it's not how many you may smoke but how many you have not.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Day 10 and I made it :). Thank you for the prayers and kind words. Every time I got really close I thought back to the phone call a few days before. She asked how the not smoking was going I said really good its been 3 months. I closed my eyes and could hear her voice saying "That's terrific honey I'm so proud of you."

Dad called and told me his latest round of tests came back, the lesion is shrinking. The chemo and radiation are working. He's not out of the woods yet but his Dr. is cautiously optimistic.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I am so very sorry for your loss. Glad to hear your father’s health may be improving! I have had to deal with death and have managed to do it badly every single time. Thank my lucky stars I haven’t lost a parent yet, they are 90 and going better than I am, but know that day is coming. My heart just aches for you. Please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss. Stay strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread