The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Really need help PLEASE !!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by AnonymousVaper, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AnonymousVaper

AnonymousVaper Full Member

Mar 26, 2016
    So I bought a 'basic' vaping kit , like just the device and the USB charger cable . At the bottom of the So Called Battery , it says EVOD , which i googled and i saw the same device that i bought and so i knew i bought an EVOD vape . i used it and its really nice but the thing that annoys me ALOT is the battery Drain . i literally just use it for like +-30 mins and it blinks 5 times before its dead ( I know the difference between a dead battery and switching it on/off) , i kept on charging it and charging it but still 30 mins max . I Don't want to charge 4 and a half hours just to Vape for +-30 mins . i just started vaping and i bought this when i was on holiday so i don't really have 'Access' to stores near by or can't buy them online too. Please Help me ? i have enough juice for a year. And can i just use the exact same Vape set for a year as long as i keep charging it and not replace anything ? (i only bought the Vape itself, usb charger and ALOT of wick/cotton like thing which I thought that Im gonna use alot )

Thank You alot :)

2. dcfluegel

dcfluegel Shenaniganator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2015
    Cleveland TN
    howdy- and welcome!

what kind of tank/ coil are you using with that battery? i know when i started, i had a pair of those ego-type batteries so that i could charge one while using the other, but 30 minutes seems to be an overly short battery life (even if you had two, you could not charge one in the time the other is running out, it seems)

3. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    time to upgrade to a unit that uses 18650 batteries... the Ego/Evod is fine for low demand usage, but for serious vaping something in the 50+W range seems to be more what you may require...
    I purchased the IPV4 ( uses 2 18650 batteries) and it lasts me on average 36 hours...
    I went thru the typical learning curve on purchasing the egos and SVDs and Vamos and wasted more money on those than I should have... probably spent 3X more on the low end stuf than I would have if I had just bought the IPV4 to start with

4. Omaraziz9298

Omaraziz9298 Full Member

Mar 23, 2016
    From my experience, my first evod last about a few hours.
    But there's this evod i bought for a very cheap price
    It sucks the battery so fast, so i tried to disassembly the battery.
    It turned out the battery is absolutely small, way smaller than AAA battery

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hitcat44

Hitcat44 mere Pawn in Game of Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Ft. Vape-WKY
    +1 to the above.
    Take a look at the Evic VTC mini as well. Great Device that will handle all you need now and take you well into anything you will want/need throughout your Vaping Journey. Single 18650 that runs VW, TC (Ni200, Ti, and SS), very capable, compact, steady and reliable, well proven, and won't break the Bank. Get 2 GOOD 18650 Batts (ie. Sony VTC4, LG HE2 or HG2) and a good Charger (ie. Nitecore i2 or D2). RTD Vapor is a great Vendor for Quality & Authentic Batts.

We pretty much all started where you did in the beginning and came to a point same as you where we wanted & needed "more". Not an Issue,,, A Point of Growth and Evolution. Enjoy it and have fun with it.

You're in a great place to research, ask, and validate.

6. AnonymousVaper

Mar 26, 2016
    I really Do not know , im very new to vaping and just do not know all the Deep information yet . Thank you for replying

7. AnonymousVaper

Mar 26, 2016
    :( I Feel you :( . Thanks for replying

8. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's not easy to say, but the bottom line is there's not a lot of battery in those things, even if you get a good one. You may wish to look at a replaceable battery mod. That way you can carry a spare battery (in a battery sock, please, don't blow yourself up) and just swap it, charging again when you get home.

9. AnonymousVaper

Mar 26, 2016
    Oh Boy 36Hours!!!! :w00t:. And If I bought like the higher grade vapes in the 50+W range do i need to change anything ,like is it optional or do I HAVE TO change after awhile . I Like the Evic VTC mini and it looks dope, planning on buying it as fast as i can when i get the chance to but Do i need to change anything in the higher grade Vapes ? that's my worry

Thanks For Replying

10. Susan~S

Susan~S ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
    Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
    12 mg = 20 cigarettes
    18 mg = 30 cigarettes
    24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Many juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

11. AnonymousVaper

Mar 26, 2016
    Yea , come to think of it , its the very basic one that I have and its kinda good for beginners like myself and just getting to know what it actually is . And what I Actually know is that I'm serious about this and may go for the Higher/Greater Ones as their battery life , performance is way better . I Asked a question right before your reply and 'Do I REALLY need to replace Any parts on the Higher Grade ones?' except the basic stuff like the wick/ cotton thing. What about the "atomizers" , some say need to be replaced which scares me abit

Thanks For Replying

12. AnonymousVaper

Mar 26, 2016
    Will Look into that for sure . Thank you so much

• Like Like x 1
  13. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay! :thumbs:

I can understand the disappointment with a battery only lasting a half an hour because that is a very short period of time. Hopefully you will find the answer to run it with lower power to achieve some extended run time.

14. AnonymousVaper

Mar 26, 2016
    Indeed ;)

Thanks For Replying

• Like Like x 1
  15. suprtrkr

In general, if the vape you have is satisfying to you, you don't need anything else. some of us are aternally searching for "better," or we're collectors, or we have the shinyitus disease, a/k/a New Gear Acquisition Syndrome. But you don't have to go there unless it pleases you. It is not easy to advise you because only you know what you want; and lately I have shied away from model or vendor specific recommendations. But most vapers are satisfied with low to medium power gear. Any good 40-70 watt mod will do anything about 80% of vapers need or want. I personally prefer removable battery mods, where you charge the battery in a stand alone charger; others like fixed batteries where you plug it in and charge it like a cell phone. There are good arguments in both directions, and it comes to preference again. @Susan~S above has linked you to some setup choices; there are good ideas in there. You mention above you like the look of an eVic product. Liking it is a good reason to buy one :)

The tank is important. The mod just provides power. It's the tank that gives you the vape experience you're looking for. if you're like most of us, you'll probably go through several to find one you really like. Once you do, you don't have to change it so long as coils for it are available, or if you make your own, not at all. Having found a good one, you may want more than one copy as this is the easiest way to change flavors, etc. All vape rigs require periodic coil and wick changes. Aside from that, you shouldn't have to worry about replacement parts unless you break something or wear out an o-ring.

• Like Like x 2
  16. AnonymousVaper

Mar 26, 2016
    VERY well explained . Well I do wanna actually Vape and NOT keep charging it every 30 mins You know ? i wanna sit back and relax and just not worry about anything especially the battery life. I am going to still use my EVOD at the mean time while i'll find at least one with good battery life and That will give me some good stuff . Really appreciate you help . So I need to be careful with the 'O-Ring' I saw one on my EVOD and its quite small and its Rubber ; so all I need for the future is periodic coil and wicks which i have plenty of , what about the Atomizer ? don't really get it and why some replace it

17. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Really need to have a few batteries so that you can vape on one battery while others are charging.
    With 18650 (18mm diameter by 65mm long), you can swap out the battery without unscrewing/screwing on the tank on top which tends to wear down the connection.

18. suprtrkr

This is a semantics issue. The term "atomizer" can mean the entire juice delivery system, whether tank, dripper or hybrid; or it can also mean the prefab, replaceable part containing the heating wire and wick assembly that goes in the tank. @Baditude is probably our resident guru on proper terminology, but I don't remember what he said, and I'm in my tab right now, with my link to his post home on my other machine.

Here's a photo of a typical replacement part; this one happens to be for a Kanger Subtank:
    2010102-6.jpg
    All prefab coil tanks use something similar, and it will be called atomizer or coil or coil head depending on whom you talk to.

19. glointhedark

glointhedark Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    Antelope, CA, USA
    If the tank came with your battery and charger, then you probably have a basic Evod tank. These tanks that come with the kits are usually plastic, and some eliquids such as cinnamon and citrus can damage or completely destroy these tanks. You will at the very least want to get a glass tank such as Evod Glass or Protank 2. Are you using single or dual coils? The Evod Glass tank comes with dual coils, but my daughter and I have successfully been using single coils with them, and have had no problems.

If you still have the packaging from your starter kit, it should, in theory, tell you the mah for your battery. You may want to look at similar but higher mah batteries until you get your feet wet and learn a bit more about vaping hardware.

I just moved up from Evod 650 mah batteries to an Innokin CoolFire IV, and love it. I can still use my Evod tanks with the adapter that came with the CoolFire IV. The CoolFire IV has variable voltage/variable wattage so I can fine tune it to suit my tanks and my taste. Battery life is much longer, and it has a passthrough charger so I can vape at my computer while charging. It uses an internal battery instead of having to buy batteries and an extra battery charger.

Have fun. I hope you find something that works for you and your budget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.