Recommendations for a HIGHLY durable 18650 mod (doesn't have to be high watt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
One more thought: the aspire NX75-a or NX75-s.

I bought a NX75-a in an act of prostrate shineyitis. It only just arrived. It’s a nice mod though. Really small if a bit too boxy for me personally. Probably not as rugged as an ageis, since it doesn’t have a milspec rating and from the looks of what I saw definitely isn’t waterproof. It actually comes with a silicone case though, which should help with ruggedness, and it (unlike the non dash NX75s) has a USBC port, so you can charge it from a cable and just leave the silicone case on. They apparently sold out very fast. There were a few still available directly from aspire. All they had left was blue and red ones. More cyan and magenta really. It’s adonized and that limits color options.

DonRezky

Apr 9, 2019
For some reason, the Jackaroo doesn't have the USB charging like the Aegis; you need to swap battery and use an external charger. Not everybody may want to do it...

True, no usb port means no charging and no firmware upgrade. and yes not everybody wants the hassle to swap batteries and use external charge. With that said, looking at robford4prez016 4 years vaping experience with dual 18650 battery mod i'm guessing he do not mind that. but i can be wrong :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
For some reason, the Jackaroo doesn't have the USB charging like the Aegis; you need to swap battery and use an external charger. Not everybody may want to do it...
The ageis 100 didn’t have USB charging either. It did have a microUSB2 port, but it was under a metal plate that needed a torx t4 bit to even remove. It was for updating only. I can see them not bothering if they’ve got another way to do updates or simply weren’t concerned. Does make it cheaper and easier to waterproof.

I guess I understand why GeekVape never put out a 2x700 version of the ageis 100. Vandyvape beat them to it.

Next trick for the jackaroo: a USBC port and a battery vent not pointed at the user’s face. The vent location was the other major complaint about the aegis 100. It does that too. Jackaroo is even better looking. If I didn’t have an aegis100 already I’d buy one. From what I can see at least, It’s better than the aegis100.

Last edited:

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I too was disappointed by how flimsy many mods can be, so I specifically went looking for one that could survive a drop on a hard floor. Found the Geekvape Aegis Legend in June 2018 and have been thrilled with it ever since. See my review. The Aegis Legend is the 200W dual-18650 mod. They've since come out with the Aegis Mini which is an 80W mod with a built-in battery, and they've just announced the Aegis Solo which is a single-18650 100W mod, with the first batch of pre-orders shipping this month. The entire Aegis line of mods are well-constructed, exceedingly durable, and mature.

Reactions: Baditude

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
For single 18650 I swear by my SX Mini ML. It's heavy but built like an M1 Abrams. You still see them going cheap now and then.

Dual 18650 the Modefined Draco 200W I bought recently is solid and the battery door is one of the better ones I have seen. Bit awkward to find since it's discontinued but if you see one it will likely be on sale.

I really liked the look of the Aegis Legend but I was a bit concerned about the removable USB plug and knowing my luck juice would end up in there.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
came late, but trust me, all your need is a durable, comfortable and almost apocalypse proof aegis mod,

fo far, the best crap in the world,
bgul35u6lf221.jpg

Aegis Solo: 100W 1 single 18650 battery:

Aegis: single battery 100W:

Aegis Legend 200W, dual 18650 battery:

Aegis Mini, built in 2000mah battery,80W:

i do own one, legend, balck orange (half-life mod), i did love to know that i carry a solid mod, almost unbeatable, shock, dust and waterproof, 200W and capable of making almost every user happy, so far i havent used settings besides wattage and bypass, amazing quality and finish, not the best shape but is comfortable!

Reactions: GOMuniEsq

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hi,

My sigeli 150w TC has seen better days. It's about 4 years old now, and I am starting to worry about it's internal integrity. I work at a factory with hard cement floors, and I am not the most graceful individual, so durability is a must. My sigeli has stood the test of time, but technology has come a long way since I bought it; I'm sure. I just ordered more 18650 batteries, so I would really have to be in love with a mod for it not to use them. Looking mostly for the best durable, bang-for-my-buck mod. (I didn't even use the TC, by the way.) I use sub-ohm tanks exclusively. I appreciate any feedback!

Whatever you buy, check around for a rubberized slide on sleeve. For most mods you can find a nice rubber sleeve that protect the mod when it's dropped. The atomizer might suffer, but the mod will probably be fine if it's encased in rubber.

Vape Mod Protector, Vape Mod Protector Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Everyone's suggested mods that are great choices, but most are expensive. For a knock around mod at reasonable prices you can't beat the Eleaf iStick line. The Pico S is top of the Eleaf line and it will use 18650 or 21700 cells (longer vape times at work with 21700). The regular iStick Pico 75W is tough and cheap, starting around $25 to $30 on sale.

If you work where there's a hard floor, invest in a rubberized slip on case. Any mod will benefit from shock protection in your work environment.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
But, considered the price difference, and the fact that I am a TC Vaper and Dicodes fan boy, you can consider the above advice to be very partial.
Dang you, I just checked out the Dicodes. I want. Badly. I have to get off of this website. Shinyitis is knocking and my bank account says NO! :w00t:

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Everyone's suggested mods that are great choices, but most are expensive.
aegis isnt that expensive but a great unit indeed, i like to advise about items that last or can take heavy abuse, im pretty sure that will fit any need, also looks awesome in some colors, and amazing capable to survive anyhow

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread