Recommendations for Authentic Mech (with very specific requirements)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Hi all! Once again the mech bug has come along and bitten me. The last time I owned one was back when the Nemesis came out, and the authentic nemmy was my first and last mech. Couldn't get over worrying about over-discharging my batt, and I ended up being a paranoid little bugger. But ah, the lure of the mechs have come back to bite me, and here I am, completely clueless about what's new and what's worth buying and hoping someone can give me some recommendations.

I know there are a TON of mechs out there, so let me do the best I can do provide as much info as possible to get as much help as possible. My requirements:

1) No suggestions for Reo. before I get flamed, it's only because I am already definitely getting one. SO. that's that. looking for smth else on top of that.
2) Budget = max USD 200
3) I would really like to have an authentic one. i KNOW there are a lot of quality clones out there, but from the horror stories I've heard about crunchy stingray and nemmy switches to poor switch springs to hot buttons... I can't deal with worrying about so many stuff. Unless... you know of some uber clones which are actually legit then fire away. BUT i really don't wanna buy a clone and have to buy another o-ring here, spring there, sand some random delrin somewhere.

To more "technical requirements":

1) HUGE SUPER STRONG preference for telescopic mod. Reason being I have a ton of batteries of all sizes, and I'm actually looking to use this as a kind. multipurpose mod. One that lets me shrink into 18350 mode when I'm off for external meetings or when working in the lab. 18490 when I'm off to the bar, and 18650 when I'm in the living room. Having multi-sectional mechs (like the nemmys) is not the best choice, since that means I needa carry the different sections around based on my needs, although I'm still KINDA open to that.

2) absolutely no springs as part of the conduction path. For example: I was pretty much dead set on getting an Atmizoo Roller, until I realized that the bottom cap uses a spring to complete the circuit. Same for the atmomixani 69. Strictly NO GO for me, just because of a) performance (yes I know there're fancy rhodium coated springs and all that but still. voltage drop) and b) I really don't wanna have to worry about springs collapsing or having to buy replacement springs when it gets flimsy. A conduction path structure similar to a nemesis for example would be ideal (i.e. connection = battery to top cap to tube to bottom cap to contact pin to battery.)

3) Magnetic switch. If it comes stock, great. Even better if it's not some kinda proprietary switch-magnet structure, i.e. if i drop it and shatter the magnets, I can just buy replacements from magnet vendors. I am also open to buying my own magnets to replace the switch's spring, e.g. in the Nemmy.

4) Low voltage drop. Pretty self explanatory.

5) The smaller the bugger, the better. This is gonna sound funny, but girth is not an issue (as long as it's not a 26650 mod), length is. LOL.

So. yeap. that's it. Anything else I'm not too fussy about (e.g. bottom firing vs side firing) I really hope I didn't sound obnoxious or over-demanding. I guess 200 bucks is a significant amount of money (fo me), and I'm hoping that I can somehow find smth that will fit my needs.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions!

Go4iT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
Milwaukee, WI, USA
You've got some very specific requirements! That's how I am, as well. I would HIGHLY recommend the Emit Ballistic mod, as it meets every one of your requirements, and I own an Emit Shotgun which is probably my favorite mech mod, and I own a bunch of them. It's $195 retail, telescoping, superb magnetic switch, the best machining you'll find out there, and it just screams quality. Don't know if you follow the YouTube reviews, but GrimmGreen did a review of one of the Emit mods recently. It's also proudly made in the good ol' USA. They hit pretty hard for a stainless mod, as well, and all of your atty's will fit flush on the top cap. The top pin is a slide adjustable type, and they use a spring with an insulator on it to prevent battery rattle, but it's not part of the circuitry and no current flows through it. Here are a couple links for you to look at to check 'em out. Good luck and enjoy...

The Ballistic - Emit Vapor

Last edited:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Thanks for the compliment but pretty sure I've never tried that mod??

Wait. A. Fking. Second.

Is that Todd?! As in. Todd in the shed?!

Forgive me while I proceed to engage in my secret fanboy dance.

That aside. Surely thou hath SOME mech to recommend me, yes? :D

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
@Go4iT: don't hate me for this, but alas can't say I'm a fan of the look. It's a little. Queer. Ah I'm a fussy bugger aren't i.

@asbestos: the 4nine is actually one of those I'm thinking of! I have seen complaints about hot buttons at lower sub ohm builds though, as well as how the throw of the switch is very dependent on how much the 510 pin protrudes past the insulator.

Go4iT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Ha Ha! My bad, I've narrowed my YouTube reviewers down to a handful, and you're one of them and I thought it was you that also recommended the Emit products. No, I'm not a vendor, just a guy that made a mistake in a post. I realize now that you replied this that it was the Super-T that you liked. I'm surprised that Emit hasn't sent you their newest mods to review? Aside from my blunder in the post, they make a great device.

Thanks for the compliment but pretty sure I've never tried that mod??

Go4iT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Haha! No, I won't hate you for it. I'm actually not a fan of any tele-mod, as they all look a little like that!!! The 4nine by Tarsius is going to be my next mod, but it's not a tele. They also state that not all atty's will work with it, which sort of bothers me, bu I'm sure one of mine will work. Good luck!

@Go4iT: don't hate me for this, but alas can't say I'm a fan of the look. It's a little. Queer. Ah I'm a fussy bugger aren't i.

Last edited:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
My recommendation is the Atmomixani 69 Mod.

I was gonna get that too! And then I watched Todd's review and from what I see, there is a spring that connects the battery to the switch section. So yeah... I don't want a mech with a switch in the circuit

Sam Pan

Jul 8, 2014
New York, NY
I was gonna get that too! And then I watched Todd's review and from what I see, there is a spring that connects the battery to the switch section. So yeah... I don't want a mech with a switch in the circuit

copper 4nine

polished clone 4nine and aqua rba
photo (1).jpg

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Get the 4nine..I keep it in 18650..same size as nemesis in 18500. Edit- I like stainless steel, but with the male 4nine having a copper clad switch, I get galvanic corrosion and really fast patina development. I have to toss my switch in white vinegar once a week..I don't bother with dielectric greases.

I haven't put mine down since I got it.. haven't tried the clones..just my authentic male version.

If you're dead set on telescope, get a Gus..

Last edited:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Alright. So. Imma take some time to look at the crypto, the ramble, the GUS lord (holy crap that is NICE) and I just saw the nzonic. I LOVE the look of it! Nice clean design :D

Thank you everyone who actually bothered to read through my long azz post and my needy requirements. I really appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread