The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Rectangle wire?

Discussion in 'Wick and Wire' started by Don29palms, Nov 9, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    My father would agree. Little Sister was my favorite.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Elvis' version of Unchained Melody is phenomenal. Heartbreak Hotel is still a favorite.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Forgot about Unchanged Melody.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    And Sting is the King of Pain....:lol::lol: That wire sounds like a lot of fun by the way, thanks for reporting back!

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  5. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    At this point all I can say is that anyone that hasn't tried rectangle wire yet you really should. It is AWESOME!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wraith504

Wraith504 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I still have wire from kbee from 4 years ago! I am gonna order some rectangle next time i do a wire order. :thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Wraith504

Wraith504 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Should be interesting to use in some exotic builds. Interested to see how it performs, looks, and the qualities it shows.

• Like Like x 2
  8. brianc11111

brianc11111 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    cincinnati
    I use 22ga Kanthal or Nichrome 80 depending on the rda and regulated or mech, and hammer it flat. Usually I stay 4.3-4.96mm id. Flatwire or rectangle wire has less ramp up time, great flavor and more surface area ratio to resistance value.It also creates less airflow turbulence resulting in a cooler vape. It is ideal for mech mods and single coils for sure. If you care to. there is a youtuber that has done lots of research on flatwire and also has very good theories on airflow. His name is Morten Oen and that is the channel name also.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Morten is an interesting man.

• Like Like x 2
  10. brianc11111

Mar 30, 2014
    cincinnati
    Been using flatwire coils exclusively for about 4-6 weeks now. Decided to put a tri-core fused clapton (28x3 wrapped with 40ga) in a Haku. Weaksauce! Flatwire has spoiled me. Vapor seemed weak, not as satisfying.
    My homemade Daedalus will collect dust now. Once you give Flatwire a chance, you're done with the round stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Just the opposite here. Was back on my tri cores after two flat wire builds. To be fair I was having a problem getting the flat wire builds dialed in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. brianc11111

Mar 30, 2014
    cincinnati
    i generally do 4.36-4.76mm(3/16-11/64 drillbit) builds w/22ga kanthal about 4-5 wraps. Youv'e got to hammer it thin enough..... To keep the wraps from getting real springy, I use a pencil torch and torch it on the drillbit. I use locking hemostats to hold leads while torching and also leave drillbit in vise helps. But yes Letitia, there is a learning curve. My first few were not very stellar. I feel your pain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    lol I don't get along with tools and will probably never hammer wire. I can barley manage my grub tools. Bought a pair of twisting wire pliers, hilarity ensued. I bought some ss 316l rectangular wire from Kbee. I'll get bored someday and give it another go, maybe in the Drop.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.